New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics sm2 v2 tips?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
So I just bought a pair of the sm2 v2. I have done a lot of searching on this site and there seems to be very few threads with info on these iems. My main question is what tips are you guys finding sound the best? I usually like bi-flanges but will have to try out the different tips when I get them.

Also is there a place to purchase replacement silicon tips? I can't seem to find them anywhere and as I bought these used wanted to look into replacement silicon tips.
post #2 of 15

Many people stand by the Westone star tips for their Westone and Earsonics iems. Ironically, I've never tried them, even though I use Westone 2s. It does seem though that people are getting their best results with the star tips.

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
I ordered some Westone star tips should be here the same day as the sm2's
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyes View Post

I ordered some Westone star tips should be here the same day as the sm2's

eh, i love westone, but found the star silicone and foam tips to be awful more or less. the silicone is soft yes, however the design is far from ergonomic and the tip of the silicone tips are imo far too narrow and it seems to make the soundstage narrow, mids and highs seem to also suffer.

 

i will go ahead and offer my tip suggestion whch is the proguards earports which IMO excell on everything, mids,highs,soundstage,vocals,height,depth,ect ect ect 

 

post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyes View Post

I ordered some Westone star tips should be here the same day as the sm2's

eh, i love westone, but found the star silicone and foam tips to be awful more or less. the silicone is soft yes, however the design is far from ergonomic and the tip of the silicone tips are imo far too narrow and it seems to make the soundstage narrow, mids and highs seem to also suffer.

 

i will go ahead and offer my tip suggestion whch is the proguards earports which IMO excell on everything, mids,highs,soundstage,vocals,height,depth,ect ect ect 

 

 Never heard of these before, very interested. Are they comfortable? 

post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96rubberduckys View Post

 Never heard of these before, very interested. Are they comfortable? 

These do look interesting I'm also curious about comfort. They are a bit on the pricey side so I'd hope they work well.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyes View Post


These do look interesting I'm also curious about comfort. They are a bit on the pricey side so I'd hope they work well.

very comfortable, the silicone is extremely soft, they need some positioning up on down depending on your ears and whats most comfortable to you, but once you get it just right, you cant even feel them in your ears. these tips have a tappered bore going to the tip of the tip itsself so this improves clarity,mids, highs vocals.... its once of the only tip that has a longer insertion into your ear that DOESNT effect the mids and highs, ive tried the comply and the westone star and both effect the mids and highs. these dont

post #8 of 15

I'm sorry but those tips look like a sex toy.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post
 

eh, i love westone, but found the star silicone and foam tips to be awful more or less. the silicone is soft yes, however the design is far from ergonomic and the tip of the silicone tips are imo far too narrow and it seems to make the soundstage narrow, mids and highs seem to also suffer.

 

i will go ahead and offer my tip suggestion whch is the proguards earports which IMO excell on everything, mids,highs,soundstage,vocals,height,depth,ect ect ect 

 

post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

Naughty Naughty you are! lol. cant say i dont agree.

 

are they comfortable. well its subjective and more on a person to person basis. i would say they will be more comfortable than the triple flange that has no ergonomics whatsoever. 

 

they take some adjusting to get them just right.

 

the silicone is soft and very nice.

post #10 of 15

I have to admit you've made me curious; I may grab a pair when I get paid next. Where did you find them?

 

Are those SM2 or SM3 you've got there? Looks like 3, they are thicker and I haven't seen SM2 v2 in black.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post
 

Naughty Naughty you are! lol. cant say i dont agree.

 

are they comfortable. well its subjective and more on a person to person basis. i would say they will be more comfortable than the triple flange that has no ergonomics whatsoever. 

 

they take some adjusting to get them just right.

 

the silicone is soft and very nice.

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

Neither, they are the westone w4r, but these should fit the SM3vX ect no problem.

post #12 of 15

The W4s have always tempted me...I have SM2s on the way to me now, if they don't satisfy then I think the W4 is my next step, I'm just worried the bass will be too soft for my liking...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post
 

Neither, they are the westone w4r, but these should fit the SM3vX ect no problem.

post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

i find the bass to be satisfying in the perception of how the W4R behave. the general rule of thumb with the W4r is ''they dont do any one thing right nor any one thing wrong'' 

 

i really feel its going to come down to the Rig at hand, for instance i listen to the w4r with the sr71b in full balanced mode, and find the bass to be on the more neutral side of things.

 

then i hook up my ibasso cb08 interconnect to the ibasso db2 and run that amp in full balanced mode and find the bass to be completely different than the 71b. and something to take into consideration is the ibasso pb2 is using the lme49990 which isnt a bass emphasized opamp but actually more analytical and clean... also using the ha5002 buffers......yet the bass is much more emphasized to me excellent control, and i feel it has pretty good impact for a iem and for a iem that isnt geared toward any one particular frequency.

 

so really it comes down to the rig. most ppl listen to the w4r and then they make a judgement based off of what they hear and thats fine thats their subjective reasoning, but the w4r is capable of so much more than straight out of a ipod.

post #14 of 15

Would you say something like a Cowon J3 or equivalent would do them justice? Would I get deep, punchy, tight bass?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post
 

i find the bass to be satisfying in the perception of how the W4R behave. the general rule of thumb with the W4r is ''they dont do any one thing right nor any one thing wrong'' 

 

i really feel its going to come down to the Rig at hand, for instance i listen to the w4r with the sr71b in full balanced mode, and find the bass to be on the more neutral side of things.

 

then i hook up my ibasso cb08 interconnect to the ibasso db2 and run that amp in full balanced mode and find the bass to be completely different than the 71b. and something to take into consideration is the ibasso pb2 is using the lme49990 which isnt a bass emphasized opamp but actually more analytical and clean... also using the ha5002 buffers......yet the bass is much more emphasized to me excellent control, and i feel it has pretty good impact for a iem and for a iem that isnt geared toward any one particular frequency.

 

so really it comes down to the rig. most ppl listen to the w4r and then they make a judgement based off of what they hear and thats fine thats their subjective reasoning, but the w4r is capable of so much more than straight out of a ipod.

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

IMO no, the w4r need some kind of amp, even though they arent rated at high ohm's for whatever reason the w4r benifit highly from a amp.

 

you may be unimpressed straight out of a dap IMO

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: