Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread - Page 44

post #646 of 2582

 

 

To connect to a 4 pin xlr assume:

Left ground as L-

Left signal as L+

Right ground as R+

Right signal as R-

 

and connect to this diagram

AppleMark

Pin 1: L+ 

Pin 2: L-

Pin 3: R+

Pin 4: R-

 

 

"Right ground as R+" is this correct??

 

Can someone please confirm the correct pin-out there are several version in this thread?

 

Cheers,

post #647 of 2582
Quote:
Originally Posted by stino View Post
 

 

 

"Right ground as R+" is this correct??

 

Can someone please confirm the correct pin-out there are several version in this thread?

 

Cheers,

 

Pin 1: Left positive (+)
Pin 2: Left negative (-)
Pin 3: Right positive (+)
Pin 4: Right negative (-)

 

 

Edit: No, Right ground is "-" i think he made a typo

post #648 of 2582
Quote:
Originally Posted by stino View Post
 

 

 

"Right ground as R+" is this correct??

 

Can someone please confirm the correct pin-out there are several version in this thread?

 

Cheers,

Ya sorry that was a typo.  It is supposed to be R-

post #649 of 2582

Does anyone know where I can find a really nice 4 pin xlr connector?

post #650 of 2582

Redco?

post #651 of 2582

hey guys, I got my Er4p yesterday, but the jack is shorting out. Has anybody reterminated their Er4's?

 

There's a red, white, black cable plus the shielding was also soldered to the plug. I have a straight 1/8" Rean jack that I will use to replace the original. I don't have a multimeter (or know how to use one anyway) so I don't know which cable goes where?

 

Any help would be much appreciated!

post #652 of 2582

Red = right channel for sure.

post #653 of 2582

"Nice" is a stretchable term, but I like the Neutrik NC4MXX-B (= male)

post #654 of 2582

Any suggestions for a cheap cable source for a +/- AWG24 OCC flexible high tread count cable for DIY cable assembly? (With a cheap shipping rate to Europe?)

post #655 of 2582
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post
 

hey guys, I got my Er4p yesterday, but the jack is shorting out. Has anybody reterminated their Er4's?

 

There's a red, white, black cable plus the shielding was also soldered to the plug. I have a straight 1/8" Rean jack that I will use to replace the original. I don't have a multimeter (or know how to use one anyway) so I don't know which cable goes where?

 

Any help would be much appreciated!

I would suggest to get a multimeter and figure out how to use it, to start with. Otherwise checking you cable essembly is going to be very diffecult.

post #656 of 2582
Quote:
Originally Posted by stino View Post
 

"Nice" is a stretchable term, but I like the Neutrik NC4MXX-B (= male)

+1 I like this Neutrik model too.

post #657 of 2582
Quote:
Originally Posted by stino View Post
 

"Nice" is a stretchable term, but I like the Neutrik NC4MXX-B (= male)

 

I agree. These are nice and are readily available. Easy to get them off ebay for about $7 which includes shipping. 

 

You can get the same but with crystals, ohhhhh-ahhhhh-ohhh crystals.

Neutrik NC3MXX-B-CRYSTAL

post #658 of 2582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post
 

 

I agree. These are nice and are readily available. Easy to get them off ebay for about $7 which includes shipping. 

 

You can get the same but with crystals, ohhhhh-ahhhhh-ohhh crystals.

Neutrik NC3MXX-B-CRYSTAL

Lol at the crystals, but that's a 3-pin anyways, not the 4-pin he was requesting. :o

post #659 of 2582
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Lol at the crystals, but that's a 3-pin anyways, not the 4-pin he was requesting. :o

True story. They don't make a 4-pin one. I just couldn't help myself with the crystals. :D

post #660 of 2582

hello i was wondering on how to create this cable,  Y 3.5 jack for sol republic. that Y cord has 3.5 jack like this


http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j431/kopiko3in1/prolink-3-5-mm-aux-cable-2-m-now-with-slim-jack-400x400-imadd6kkbhh5dagz_zpsa1bdcbd1.jpg

tnx in advance

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread