Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread - Page 251

post #3751 of 3761

That's what I figured... I honestly would like to see if anyone could actually hear the difference between Litz and Mogami haha

post #3752 of 3761
Hey Everyone,

I am planning to make my own usb cables and also audio cables such as 3.5mm to 3.5mm or 3.5mm to rca.

I am wondering what kind of cables should I use?

I cannot seem to find cables that other cable diyers use like silver plated copper or pure silver etc.

Thanks for the help.
post #3753 of 3761
Navships on eBay sells good silver plated copper, Mogami has good flexible wire. Litz cable is an option but expensive and I don't know if it makes a difference especially short range.
post #3754 of 3761
I can't personally recommend navships wire for anything but interconnects. It isn't flexible enough for a cable, IMO.
post #3755 of 3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

I can't personally recommend navships wire for anything but interconnects. It isn't flexible enough for a cable, IMO.

His 26awg 19 strand is great and flexible
post #3756 of 3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSamuels28 View Post

His 26awg 19 strand is great and flexible
I haven't used that, so I'll take your word for it.

If you're just getting into DIY cable making, I highly recommend Mogami. It's good wire and very cheap. I use w2799 because it takes less time to strip out of the cabling (less layers, same wires). You can find some good prices on it and a couple other quad cables on redco.com
post #3757 of 3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

I haven't used that, so I'll take your word for it.

If you're just getting into DIY cable making, I highly recommend Mogami. It's good wire and very cheap. I use w2799 because it takes less time to strip out of the cabling (less layers, same wires). You can find some good prices on it and a couple other quad cables on redco.com

Also Mogami 2893 is a good quad cable. And you can strip out the 26awg wires. Performanceaudio.com is good too for wire
post #3758 of 3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSamuels28 View Post

His 26awg 19 strand is great and flexible

The awg and strand count isn't the issue with Navships, it's the insulation of the wire. The Teflon used is pretty stiff compared to other cables. It also holds memory.

I started using the stuff for practice when I first started. It's fine, but there are much better options for flexibility and function.
post #3759 of 3761

I am waiting for 28 Awg from plusSound, it is out of stock and not sure when it would back in stock.

 

I need ultra flexible for IEM cables, cable in link below is also good flexible one's. But I need best for IEM, any suggestion?

 

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/OCC-Litz-26-awg-diy-type-2-44-awg-stranded

post #3760 of 3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

I am waiting for 28 Awg from plusSound, it is out of stock and not sure when it would back in stock.

 

I need ultra flexible for IEM cables, cable in link below is also good flexible one's. But I need best for IEM, any suggestion?

 

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/OCC-Litz-26-awg-diy-type-2-44-awg-stranded

EXTREMELY flexible.

 

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2

 

 

post #3761 of 3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

I am waiting for 28 Awg from plusSound, it is out of stock and not sure when it would back in stock.

 

I need ultra flexible for IEM cables, cable in link below is also good flexible one's. But I need best for IEM, any suggestion?

 

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/OCC-Litz-26-awg-diy-type-2-44-awg-stranded

EXTREMELY flexible.

 

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2

 

 

Great thanks a lot, I will get one.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread