Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread - Page 222

post #3316 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


Hmm.....thats way too much.....this is a gold plated but reasonably priced.....You need to purchase worth usd30 to get a tracking # tho, just......

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4258

That link is broken for me.

post #3317 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

That link is broken for me.

The link works for me but those RK connectors are absolute trash.

 

The strain relief on the barrel is a grub screw that screws down onto the wire. The best Chi-Nee threading that money can buy, so order a dozen and you might find two that actually have good working threads.

Also expect a month shipping unless you pay for a faster method. :D

post #3318 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

That link is broken for me.

The link works for me but those RK connectors are absolute trash.

 

The strain relief on the barrel is a grub screw that screws down onto the wire. The best Chi-Nee threading that money can buy, so order a dozen and you might find two that actually have good working threads.

 

Also expect a month shipping unless you pay for a faster method. :D

 

Ohh boy, do not want to mess with RK connectors if they are not good....which ones you recommend?

post #3319 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

 

Ohh boy, do not want to mess with RK connectors if they are not good....which ones you recommend?


I have had good luck with the Yarbo and Pailiccs connectors pictured above from lunashops.

Just remember that 95% of all their stuff is cheap clone quality especially the Oyaide and Viablue.

post #3320 of 3326

Pailiccs now has a 90º 3.5mm TRS. I need to get me some of these! :D

 

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4478

post #3321 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

 

Ohh boy, do not want to mess with RK connectors if they are not good....which ones you recommend?


I have had good luck with the Yarbo and Pailiccs connectors pictured above from lunashops.

Just remember that 95% of all their stuff is cheap clone quality especially the Oyaide and Viablue.

 

are these good ? http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4100

 

I need one 2.5 mm trrs male and 3.5 mm trrs female for RE-600 balanced connector. found 2.5 mm trrs with Pailiccs but they do not have 3.5 mm trrs female.

 

as most of the their stuff is cheap, SQ wise Pailiccs are good? or I should look somewhere else and avoid lunashops completely. Shure connectors I got from them paying 10$ and wait for a month was crap, they did not work at all.  

post #3322 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

 

are these good ? http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4100

 

I need one 2.5 mm trrs male and 3.5 mm trrs female for RE-600 balanced connector. found 2.5 mm trrs with Pailiccs but they do not have 3.5 mm trrs female.

 

as most of the their stuff is cheap, SQ wise Pailiccs are good? or I should look somewhere else and avoid lunashops completely. Shure connectors I got from them paying 10$ and wait for a month was crap, they did not work at all.  


I have never used those connectors, lunashops has cheap stuff, so it is really up to you to try them.

 

As for the Pailiccs, I don't notice a difference in the perceived SQ of connectors and the same goes for wire. Unless the connectors are defective or badly corroded then they would all sound the same to me... As they always say... YMMV. :D

post #3323 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

 

are these good ? http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4100

 

I need one 2.5 mm trrs male and 3.5 mm trrs female for RE-600 balanced connector. found 2.5 mm trrs with Pailiccs but they do not have 3.5 mm trrs female.

 

as most of the their stuff is cheap, SQ wise Pailiccs are good? or I should look somewhere else and avoid lunashops completely. Shure connectors I got from them paying 10$ and wait for a month was crap, they did not work at all.  


I have never used those connectors, lunashops has cheap stuff, so it is really up to you to try them.

 

As for the Pailiccs, I don't notice a difference in the perceived SQ of connectors and the same goes for wire. Unless the connectors are defective or badly corroded then they would all sound the same to me... As they always say... YMMV. :D

 

I just find this nice jack, it should do the job...thx

 

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/Furutech-Valab-Oyaide-Shure-Denon-diy-headphone-cable-connector/Oyaide-J-3-5-mm-1-8-female-mini-rhodium

post #3324 of 3326

I found this "JACK"...............

 

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Thanks,

 

Jack :biggrin:

post #3325 of 3326

In my experience, Pailics is of decent quality. Never had any problems with Pailics (lose contact, hard to plug, tin not sticking, etc). The one bummer side of Pailics is its soldering contacts that's a headache for inexperienced guys. 

 

Oyaide should be the lower border of 'high-end stuffs', so it's also good. 

post #3326 of 3326

Do you guys think the pin part of a 4-pin mini xlr would pop into this barrel?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEUTRIK-NC3FRX-BAG-3-PIN-FEMALE-XLR-PROFESSIONAL-90-RIGHT-ANGLE-AUDIO-CONNECTOR-/141542850620

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread