Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread - Page 104

post #1546 of 2308
Not really a question but, soldered a mini xlr 4 pin for the first time tonight. I don't want to do that eveeer again. But I have to. lol Installed a jack into a pair of 770s pro, going to make the cable tomorrow. x(
post #1547 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

Not really a question but, soldered a mini xlr 4 pin for the first time tonight. I don't want to do that eveeer again. But I have to. lol Installed a jack into a pair of 770s pro, going to make the cable tomorrow. x(

haha...yeah, those mini connectors suck. i made a cable for the Alpha Dogs last week and the mini connectors on those are terrible to work with, too...it'll be worth it, though. good luck and be sure to post pics in the picture thread.

post #1548 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

Not really a question but, soldered a mini xlr 4 pin for the first time tonight. I don't want to do that eveeer again. But I have to. lol Installed a jack into a pair of 770s pro, going to make the cable tomorrow. x(

I have to install my 2 3-pin xlr chassis into my DT770 Premium. Im not excited to drill a hole in the right ear cup.

post #1549 of 2308

I'm looking to do a removable cable on my t5p,  Apparently a mini XLR socket is ever so slightly too large to mount in the cups.  Are there any reasonable alternatives?

 

I was hoping I could make HD600/650 connectors work, since the hole in the t5p cups is already a rectangle.  However, I can't seem to find female connectors for these anywhere.  Are female 600/650 connectors something that exists?

 

I seem to recall the alpha dogs having a small profile connector.  Are those something freely available?

post #1550 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph2k4 View Post
 

I'm looking to do a removable cable on my t5p,  Apparently a mini XLR socket is ever so slightly too large to mount in the cups.  Are there any reasonable alternatives?

 

I was hoping I could make HD600/650 connectors work, since the hole in the t5p cups is already a rectangle.  However, I can't seem to find female connectors for these anywhere.  Are female 600/650 connectors something that exists?

 

I seem to recall the alpha dogs having a small profile connector.  Are those something freely available?

http://www.moon-audio.com/diy-audio-parts.html?cat=17&p=1

 

Try emailing them for the sennies female connectors, they might be able to help you out, otherwise there's plenty of other choices in the link above.

post #1551 of 2308
@morph2k4, there no exist female HPSC. I'm on process of build female HPSC, not finish yet, hehehehe...
post #1552 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

Not really a question but, soldered a mini xlr 4 pin for the first time tonight. I don't want to do that eveeer again. But I have to. lol Installed a jack into a pair of 770s pro, going to make the cable tomorrow. x(
haha...yeah, those mini connectors suck. i made a cable for the Alpha Dogs last week and the mini connectors on those are terrible to work with, too...it'll be worth it, though. good luck and be sure to post pics in the picture thread.
You obviously haven't worked with Lemo connectors, the mini-xlrs are a godsend in comparison.
post #1553 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph2k4 View Post
 

I'm looking to do a removable cable on my t5p,  Apparently a mini XLR socket is ever so slightly too large to mount in the cups.  Are there any reasonable alternatives?

 

I was hoping I could make HD600/650 connectors work, since the hole in the t5p cups is already a rectangle.  However, I can't seem to find female connectors for these anywhere.  Are female 600/650 connectors something that exists?

 

I seem to recall the alpha dogs having a small profile connector.  Are those something freely available?

Are the T5p cups the same size as the DTxx0 cups? I have some mini xlr sockets that are going to fit on my DT770s just fine. Maybe you just need to look at a different brand.

 

 

Also, the Sennheiser female part is part of the driver assembly, so emailing them about it isn't going to help you at all.


Edited by cCasper TFG - 3/9/14 at 10:27am
post #1554 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post
 

http://www.moon-audio.com/diy-audio-parts.html?cat=17&p=1

 

Try emailing them for the sennies female connectors, they might be able to help you out, otherwise there's plenty of other choices in the link above.

The only thing I see that has any chance of being smaller than the mini XLR are the hifi man connectors here:

 

http://www.moon-audio.com/hifiman-diy-headphone-connectors.html#

 

It's not clear to me if that kit includes the male and female ends though.  Does anyone know how they compare in size to mini XLR?

post #1555 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

Are the T5p cups the same size as the DTxx0 cups? I have some mini xlr sockets that are going to fit on my DT770s just fine. Maybe you just need to look at a different brand.

 

 

Also, the Sennheiser female part is part of the driver assembly, so emailing them about it isn't going to help you at all.

 

The cups are the same size, but the plate with the driver is much larger.  You can get a mini XLR jack in between the back wall of the cup and the driver plate, but the fit is so tight that you can't put the locking nut on the inside.  Someone showed me a pic of their build, and they literally had to glue the connector in place which I would rather avoid.

post #1556 of 2308

I hate 3.5mm plugs, I find mini 4 pins to be 10x easier. Odd one out I guess;)

post #1557 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph2k4 View Post
 

 

The cups are the same size, but the plate with the driver is much larger.  You can get a mini XLR jack in between the back wall of the cup and the driver plate, but the fit is so tight that you can't put the locking nut on the inside.  Someone showed me a pic of their build, and they literally had to glue the connector in place which I would rather avoid.

Hot glue is removable. That wouldn't be a bad option.

post #1558 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

Not really a question but, soldered a mini xlr 4 pin for the first time tonight. I don't want to do that eveeer again. But I have to. lol Installed a jack into a pair of 770s pro, going to make the cable tomorrow. x(

Hd800's were scary lol didn't think I would be able to do it lol.
post #1559 of 2308
Not cheap, but the Sennheiser HD800 connectors are smaller and available for purchase from a couple places.  
post #1560 of 2308
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post
Not cheap, but the Sennheiser HD800 connectors are smaller and available for purchase from a couple places.

 

These, right?

 

http://www.aloaudio.com/hd800-female-socket-panel-mount-connector-sold-in-pairs 

 

They look to be about the same diameter as the mini XLR's.  Do you have reason to believe they are actually smaller?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread