- 376 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
Related Forum Threads
- New: Brainwavz R3 Last post on 12/5/14 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison: VC1000 vs TDK IE800 vs GR01 vs RE400 vs BA200 vs R50 Last post on 9/4/13 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Black Friday RE-400 a good deal? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me some in ears (easy to get to Canada...) Last post on 12/11/14 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for ipod 5.5g around or under $100? Last post on 11/24/14 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
post #1 of 6
8/10/13 at 2:58pm
Can anyone who has tried both compare these two IEMs which seem to be neck and neck for best sub-$100 IEM? Are there any other sub-$100 balance IEMs I should consider? I owned (and lost) the IE800s. I liked them a lot except I found the highs a bit grating. I also had concerns about the build quality (cheap looking housings, thin cable), although they held up find for the 6 months I owned them. I am concerned about the RE400s apparent propensity to break at the plug.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 6
8/11/13 at 7:11am
post #3 of 6
8/11/13 at 8:36pm
post #4 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:16pm
I hadn't heard of the Fidelios. Thanks. Just from a quick look, it seems like their weakness may be their sensitivity to the perfect seal. That's been ok for you?
post #5 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:29pm
The Fidelio IEMs are a shallow-fit IEM. Seal shouldn't be too much of an issue. They won't isolate too much though (property of a shallowfit canalphone like the Fidelio).
post #6 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:35pm
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2808 Active Users (421 Members and 2387 Guests)
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 second ago
- › Woo Audio WDS-1 42 seconds ago
- › Beats By Dre 43 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 3 minutes ago
- › Heads up! Dick Smith "Premium headphones VT H68" aluminum and... 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)