- 376 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
Related Forum Threads
- New: Brainwavz R3 Last post on 10/5/14 at 7:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison: VC1000 vs TDK IE800 vs GR01 vs RE400 vs BA200 vs R50 Last post on 9/4/13 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for ipod 5.5g around or under $100? Last post on 11/24/14 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iem recommendation Last post on 11/15/14 at 7:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM with balanced connector? (compared to TH600) Last post on 11/11/14 at 11:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
post #1 of 6
8/10/13 at 2:58pm
Can anyone who has tried both compare these two IEMs which seem to be neck and neck for best sub-$100 IEM? Are there any other sub-$100 balance IEMs I should consider? I owned (and lost) the IE800s. I liked them a lot except I found the highs a bit grating. I also had concerns about the build quality (cheap looking housings, thin cable), although they held up find for the 6 months I owned them. I am concerned about the RE400s apparent propensity to break at the plug.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 6
8/11/13 at 7:11am
post #3 of 6
8/11/13 at 8:36pm
post #4 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:16pm
I hadn't heard of the Fidelios. Thanks. Just from a quick look, it seems like their weakness may be their sensitivity to the perfect seal. That's been ok for you?
post #5 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:29pm
The Fidelio IEMs are a shallow-fit IEM. Seal shouldn't be too much of an issue. They won't isolate too much though (property of a shallowfit canalphone like the Fidelio).
post #6 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:35pm
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3575 Active Users (586 Members and 2989 Guests)
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 7 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 31 seconds ago
- › Listening Fatigue with the X5 and Some Additional Questions 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN: HM650 3 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3