- 666 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
Related Forum Threads
- Which IEMs do you use on the go? Last post on 1/31/15 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New: Brainwavz R3 Last post on 1/6/15 at 1:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison: VC1000 vs TDK IE800 vs GR01 vs RE400 vs BA200 vs R50 Last post on 9/4/13 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: Hifiman RE-400 Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
post #1 of 6
8/10/13 at 2:58pm
Can anyone who has tried both compare these two IEMs which seem to be neck and neck for best sub-$100 IEM? Are there any other sub-$100 balance IEMs I should consider? I owned (and lost) the IE800s. I liked them a lot except I found the highs a bit grating. I also had concerns about the build quality (cheap looking housings, thin cable), although they held up find for the 6 months I owned them. I am concerned about the RE400s apparent propensity to break at the plug.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 6
8/11/13 at 7:11am
post #3 of 6
8/11/13 at 8:36pm
post #4 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:16pm
I hadn't heard of the Fidelios. Thanks. Just from a quick look, it seems like their weakness may be their sensitivity to the perfect seal. That's been ok for you?
post #5 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:29pm
The Fidelio IEMs are a shallow-fit IEM. Seal shouldn't be too much of an issue. They won't isolate too much though (property of a shallowfit canalphone like the Fidelio).
post #6 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:35pm
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3364 Active Users (668 Members and 2696 Guests)
- › iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter 23 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone? 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Interest Check - Chicago Meet Continuance - August 8th at Tweak Studio 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a headset for music and gaming 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)