- 717 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
Related Forum Threads
- Which IEMs do you use on the go? Last post on 1/31/15 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New: Brainwavz R3 Last post on 1/6/15 at 1:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison: VC1000 vs TDK IE800 vs GR01 vs RE400 vs BA200 vs R50 Last post on 9/4/13 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: Hifiman RE-400 Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
post #1 of 6
8/10/13 at 2:58pm
Can anyone who has tried both compare these two IEMs which seem to be neck and neck for best sub-$100 IEM? Are there any other sub-$100 balance IEMs I should consider? I owned (and lost) the IE800s. I liked them a lot except I found the highs a bit grating. I also had concerns about the build quality (cheap looking housings, thin cable), although they held up find for the 6 months I owned them. I am concerned about the RE400s apparent propensity to break at the plug.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 6
8/11/13 at 7:11am
post #3 of 6
8/11/13 at 8:36pm
post #4 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:16pm
I hadn't heard of the Fidelios. Thanks. Just from a quick look, it seems like their weakness may be their sensitivity to the perfect seal. That's been ok for you?
post #5 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:29pm
The Fidelio IEMs are a shallow-fit IEM. Seal shouldn't be too much of an issue. They won't isolate too much though (property of a shallowfit canalphone like the Fidelio).
post #6 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:35pm
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3592 Active Users (756 Members and 2836 Guests)
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 6 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 11 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 32 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2