- 727 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
Related Forum Threads
- Which IEMs do you use on the go? Last post on 1/31/15 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New: Brainwavz R3 Last post on 1/6/15 at 1:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison: VC1000 vs TDK IE800 vs GR01 vs RE400 vs BA200 vs R50 Last post on 9/4/13 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: Hifiman RE-400 Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
Many thanks to RHA for RHA T20 Tour Program! The T20 unit in this review is demo unit from the RHA T20 Tour Program: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770875/rha-t20-tour-program-reviewers-wanted Product...
The WA22 is my third Desktop Amp and second tube amp. I got it through AV One, a local retailer here, after 2 rounds of testing and I was impressed enough to purchase it. Built like a tank...
HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
post #1 of 6
8/10/13 at 2:58pm
Can anyone who has tried both compare these two IEMs which seem to be neck and neck for best sub-$100 IEM? Are there any other sub-$100 balance IEMs I should consider? I owned (and lost) the IE800s. I liked them a lot except I found the highs a bit grating. I also had concerns about the build quality (cheap looking housings, thin cable), although they held up find for the 6 months I owned them. I am concerned about the RE400s apparent propensity to break at the plug.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 6
8/11/13 at 7:11am
post #3 of 6
8/11/13 at 8:36pm
post #4 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:16pm
I hadn't heard of the Fidelios. Thanks. Just from a quick look, it seems like their weakness may be their sensitivity to the perfect seal. That's been ok for you?
post #5 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:29pm
The Fidelio IEMs are a shallow-fit IEM. Seal shouldn't be too much of an issue. They won't isolate too much though (property of a shallowfit canalphone like the Fidelio).
post #6 of 6
8/11/13 at 9:35pm
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFiMan RE400s vs TDK IE800s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2638 Active Users (454 Members and 2184 Guests)
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 26 seconds ago
- › Headphone amp (rega p3 -> b&w p7) 1 minute ago
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 5 minutes ago
- › KING OF AIWA 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K501 love... 7 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Q-Jays are back. 11 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2