or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Entry Level Stax Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Entry Level Stax Thread - Page 47

post #691 of 2444
Thread Starter 

KY Lube

post #692 of 2444

Plumbers silicone grease very very sparingly applied is an option also

post #693 of 2444

Hello fellow Stax lovers,

 

if anyone from the EU is interested in buying a SRM-252-II, then hit the link below and/or shoot me a PM! :)

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687747/stax-srm-252-ii-adapter


Edited by AManAnd88Keys - 11/5/13 at 12:03pm
post #694 of 2444

I am really loving the combination of the Lambda NB and the SRM-T1. For Lambdas, they are very fun, smooth, and natural sounding.


Edited by Tus-Chan - 11/1/13 at 9:41am
post #695 of 2444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

I am really loving the combination of the Lambda NB and the SRM-T1. For Lambdas, they are very fun, smooth, and natural sounding.
Glad to hear you're enjoying 'em as much as I did!

How do you think they compare to your past Lambda setups? Does the Lambda Pro really have recessed mids by comparison?
post #696 of 2444

The biggest difference between these and the Lambda Pro/SRM-1MK2 are that these have less defined and punchy bass in exchange for more mids and less of a treble peak.

post #697 of 2444
Maybe try the LP on the T1 one day?
post #698 of 2444

That would be a plan as the amps have their own character. 

post #699 of 2444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post
 

I am really loving the combination of the Lambda NB and the SRM-T1. For Lambdas, they are very fun, smooth, and natural sounding.

It is indeed a great combination. Still a bit brighter than I would like, but I can get adjusted to the sound and that midrange, those transients, and just the sheer musicality...need I say more?

post #700 of 2444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

The biggest difference between these and the Lambda Pro/SRM-1MK2 are that these have less defined and punchy bass in exchange for more mids and less of a treble peak.

 

That's a trade-off I'm willing to make. I gotta have my mids, and the SR-Lambda's already on the bright side as is. Any more, and the treble could overpower everything else. That might be part of the reason the SR-202 sounded so mid-recessed, though I'm sure the SRM-212 I had at the time wasn't doing it any favors.

 

That said, Stax treble spoils you rotten. For all the people praising the MA900's treble, I find it rather recessed and in dire need of an EQ boost to bring out some sparkle, and even then, it doesn't have that distinct sense of clarity. I guess I'm just used to bright headphones by now, ever since I started on Head-Fi with the AD700.

post #701 of 2444
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPFG View Post
 

 

That's a trade-off I'm willing to make. I gotta have my mids, and the SR-Lambda's already on the bright side as is. Any more, and the treble could overpower everything else. That might be part of the reason the SR-202 sounded so mid-recessed, though I'm sure the SRM-212 I had at the time wasn't doing it any favors.

 

That said, Stax treble spoils you rotten. For all the people praising the MA900's treble, I find it rather recessed and in dire need of an EQ boost to bring out some sparkle, and even then, it doesn't have that distinct sense of clarity. I guess I'm just used to bright headphones by now, ever since I started on Head-Fi with the AD700.

 

Yep.

Stax treble spoils you rotten.

Surprising how spitchy dynamics sound compared to E-Stats.

post #702 of 2444

Stax in general spoils you. :D

post #703 of 2444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
 

Stax treble spoils you rotten.

 

I only have the SR-5, but find the treble a bit less than optimal. There's some amount of ringing, and I understand this is a problem with electrostats in general. Compared to dynamics, I might prefer the vintage DT 990 to the Stax in treble. The Beyer has a faster and smoother decay.

post #704 of 2444
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post

I only have the SR-5, but find the treble a bit less than optimal. There's some amount of ringing, and I understand this is a problem with electrostats in general. Compared to dynamics, I might prefer the vintage DT 990 to the Stax in treble. The Beyer has a faster and smoother decay.

I have a pair of AKG Q701.
I also have the Stax SRS-2170.

The 2170 sounds a bit like the Q701, but with all the problems in the Q701 fixed.
post #705 of 2444

I had the K 701 and would say the SR-5 is an improvement in this toilet bowl standoff.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Entry Level Stax Thread