or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Entry Level Stax Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Entry Level Stax Thread - Page 40

post #586 of 2441

Apparently the 507 and 407 share the same driver. The previous flagship Lambda 404 and 303 used the same driver. Who knows about the 307 sharing any similarities with the 407, I've heard both but at different times so my assessment will be off.

post #587 of 2441
Is there a way to increase the pad tickness on sr 207? Tip of my left ears touching the drivers, it gets a little sore after a while.
The sound is great tho.
post #588 of 2441

You can stuff some foam between the baffle and the pad. 

post #589 of 2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Apparently the 507 and 407 share the same driver. The previous flagship Lambda 404 and 303 used the same driver. Who knows about the 307 sharing any similarities with the 407, I've heard both but at different times so my assessment will be off.

 

"The first SR-Λ (lambda) series was introduced 30 years ago, and now the SR-307 and SR-407 have adopted the same sounding body (sound element) as that of the top model SR-507."

https://www.staxusa.com/stax-sr-307.html

 

Strangely the SR-407 page doesn't mention the SR-307 at all. Was the 307 introduced later?

post #590 of 2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post

You can stuff some foam between the baffle and the pad. 

Ok, thanks, i will find a way to remove the pads and stuff in something in between.
post #591 of 2441

Else, some thick double sided tape can work wonders 1-2mm might not seem like much, but it gives a much more spacious feel.

post #592 of 2441

Thank you for your answers. I think I'll have to arrange a demo at the dealer to find out if there's any significant audible differences. 

post #593 of 2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I agree. I need to give other orthodontists a proper try too.

Yes, straight teeth are important.
post #594 of 2441

hi all, i currently can have a stax setup consisted sr-407 and srm323s at a reasonable price. Considering of replacing my akg k701 setup with it. Is it worth it? I can find review of the 507 all over the web, but not much info about the 407. Can someone own/owned the headphone gimme a brief description?

post #595 of 2441

Did you try the search function yet? :o

post #596 of 2441

I'm interested in an amp ,that was made in Japan,so,I need a step down converter

The amp is currently wired for 100V,and I believe ,I need a 50V converter.

 

Anyone have a link for a good quality converter?

 

Tnx

Mike

post #597 of 2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek200 View Post

I'm interested in an amp ,that was made in Japan,so,I need a step down converter
The amp is currently wired for 100V,and I believe ,I need a 50V converter.

Anyone have a link for a good quality converter?
Mike

Churi 100W, from Pricejapan.com is very small and nice looking.
post #598 of 2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Else, some thick double sided tape can work wonders 1-2mm might not seem like much, but it gives a much more spacious feel.

Good idea. How do I do that? I have to 'peel' the pad and then stuff in the double sided tape? Sorry, I am a Stax noob.
Edited by RedBull - 10/7/13 at 4:09am
post #599 of 2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek200 View Post

I'm interested in an amp ,that was made in Japan,so,I need a step down converter
The amp is currently wired for 100V,and I believe ,I need a 50V converter.

Anyone have a link for a good quality converter?

Tnx
Mike

What amp is this? If it's tuschans SRM1 MK2 you should be able to convert the voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post

Good idea. How do I do that? I have to 'peel' the pad and then stuff in the double sided tape? Sorry, I am a Stax noob.

Yes peel off one side stick it to the baffle, peel the otherside off and align pads carefully and apply a bit of force to the pad so adhesion is bonded.
post #600 of 2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post


Churi 100W, from Pricejapan.com is very small and nice looking.

 

Sorry RB

Im getting no where on that website you linked me to ?.

Its the stax SRM-T1s amp

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Entry Level Stax Thread