Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Entry Level Stax Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Entry Level Stax Thread - Page 26

post #376 of 1196

Whatever the case, I'd like to keep this thread drama-free if at all possible.

 

Anyway, I'm about to make a hard decision here, but...I think I'm going to have to sell off all my Stax equipment. Even the SR-Lambda and SRM-T1 I purchased recently.

 

This is bound to be someone's entry-level Stax opportunity, if anyone's interested.

post #377 of 1196

I might be interested in both of those, actually.

post #378 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPFG View Post
 

Whatever the case, I'd like to keep this thread drama-free if at all possible.

 

Anyway, I'm about to make a hard decision here, but...I think I'm going to have to sell off all my Stax equipment. Even the SR-Lambda and SRM-T1 I purchased recently.

 

This is bound to be someone's entry-level Stax opportunity, if anyone's interested.

 

Any reason why? or is it personal?

post #379 of 1196
Not being in us is uncool :-(
post #380 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post

Any reason why? or is it personal?
It's a bit personal, yeah. Though there's something else I'm itching to buy soon...something I want so much that I'll give up my Stax setup (for now) to get my hands on it. Something that makes vintage SR-Lambdas downright common by comparison.

I'd already be in the position to get it if I just sold the SRM-T1, keeping everything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Not being in us is uncool :-(
I didn't get into this for audiophile cred, but because Stax (SR-202 aside) offered the sound presentation I wanted.
post #381 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPFG View Post


It's a bit personal, yeah. Though there's something else I'm itching to buy soon...something I want so much that I'll give up my Stax setup (for now) to get my hands on it. Something that makes vintage SR-Lambdas downright common by comparison.

I'd already be in the position to get it if I just sold the SRM-T1, keeping everything else.
I didn't get into this for audiophile cred, but because Stax (SR-202 aside) offered the sound presentation I wanted.

 

Mind telling us what this rare thing is?

:blink:

post #382 of 1196

Dangles carrot....

post #383 of 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPFG View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Not being in us is uncool :-(
I didn't get into this for audiophile cred, but because Stax (SR-202 aside) offered the sound presentation I wanted.

I want to buy your stuff, lol.

post #384 of 1196

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post

Mind telling us what this rare thing is?

:blink:

 

All I'll say for the time being is that it's flight simulation equipment of the sort most enthusiasts crave, the sort that buy aftermarket HOTAS gimbals for more than the HOTAS itself costs, and it's been out of production for a few years. Even when it was in production, it wasn't exactly common due to the high price.

 

I've wanted it for years, to review it for myself...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

I want to buy your stuff, lol.

 

Then why haven't you PMed me any offers yet?

post #385 of 1196

Shipping overseas, I guess. Fragile stuff, and it's expensive.

post #386 of 1196

Im looking to upgrade my original Lambdas at some point how do the lower end new Stax models compare with say the SR 407 or SR 307 which are the only two current Lambdas I have listened to. Best David

post #387 of 1196
If the SR-207 sounds anything like the SR-202, avoid it, for I find it to be quite a downgrade.

SR-307 and SR-407 may be a different story, but I have not auditioned those.

EDIT: Okay, so you guys want to know what I was hoping to win before the auction ended, only to get outbid anyway?

It was this set of Simped F-16/C rudder pedals. They were expensive due to being produced in Germany, very well-reviewed, and unfortunately, the guy making 'em died a few years ago, so they're no longer in production.

Guess my curiosity there will remain unsated. Oh well, I've still got my Stax.
Edited by NamelessPFG - 9/7/13 at 6:36pm
post #388 of 1196
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPFG View Post

If the SR-207 sounds anything like the SR-202, avoid it, for I find it to be quite a downgrade.

SR-307 and SR-407 may be a different story, but I have not auditioned those.

EDIT: Okay, so you guys want to know what I was hoping to win before the auction ended, only to get outbid anyway?

It was this set of Simped F-16/C rudder pedals. They were expensive due to being produced in Germany, very well-reviewed, and unfortunately, the guy making 'em died a few years ago, so they're no longer in production.

Guess my curiosity there will remain unsated. Oh well, I've still got my Stax.

 

I have the SR-207 with the SRM-252S amp.

To me, it's an excellent headphone and amp for the money.

Personally, I prefer it to a similar priced dynamic headphone and amp system.

post #389 of 1196
Yeah and the 202 was no slouch. One of the best Lambdas, certainly compared to the 303/404
post #390 of 1196

Totally agree - got the basic 2170 system about 4 weeks ago - very happy with it.

 

Great value for money and given the amount of time I spend on a home headphone rig - its a win-win/no-brainer package.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Entry Level Stax Thread