- 5,504 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by nightmancometh, 8/14/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/14/13
- productGrado RS 2itagged by nightmancometh, 8/14/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/14/13
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 8/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/14/13
- productShure SRH 940tagged by nightmancometh, 8/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Very Specific and Challenging Question- Headphones for Old Classical Music recording Last post on 1/10/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from ath-m50 ( Vocal) Last post on 12/11/12 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
The Entry Level Stax Thread - Page 108
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can honestly say i never saw Spritzer use the word permittivity.
STAX, for their part, calls the cable on higher end earspeakers "low capacitance"
If you compare the cables on an older Stax, like nearly any Lambda series, with the cable on an Omega, you will see that they merely moved the wires further apart. There's just a cord of rubber between them.
In physics classes, there is a common experiment where the class has two smooth metal plates on stands and a capacitance meter.
As the plates are moved closer, the capacitance increases. The instructor asks some students to get the plates as close as they can without touching, to get the highest capacitance they can.
After they mess with this for a while, the instructor stretches some common household plastic wrap around one of the plates, gets out some c-clamps, and clamps the plates together. this results in a much, much higher reading on the capacitance meter than was possible just nudging them together.
The distance between conductors is a big factor in cable capacitance.
If you wanted to make your own stax cables on a loom, you could probably use just about any insulated wire you like.
- The Entry Level Stax Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › DAT player/recorder as source? 5 minutes ago
- › Pink Floyd: The Endless River 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Been a lurker for a while... 7 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)