Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Entry Level Stax Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Entry Level Stax Thread - Page 68

post #1006 of 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

The LNS fetches for a bit more usually 450 - 550. 404LE on the other hand besides a single deal I was stupid enough not to jump on for 400, these usually go for anywhere between 550 - 700.

That is really pretty high age and such taken into consideration. The Stax market has really inflated. 

post #1007 of 1297

Just wanted to give out another big thank you to you guys for helping me out. I ended up getting lucky on eBay and our own classifieds, I've now got an SRM-313 and SR-202 coming in the mail. Will be sure to post impressions and photos up soon.

post #1008 of 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

The LNS fetches for a bit more usually 450 - 550. 404LE on the other hand besides a single deal I was stupid enough not to jump on for 400, these usually go for anywhere between 550 - 700.
Yeah. That was stupid. Lol. It's the rarity of these. Probably not the actual performance that drives the prices I am guessing. Do we know the differences between these 3 cans? I wonder how they compare.
post #1009 of 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

That is really pretty high age and such taken into consideration. The Stax market has really inflated. 

I think the price of out-of-production Stax earspeakers can only increase over time, but I'm obviously biased.
post #1010 of 1297

Seller just dropped his 307 to 280$, local pickup. Am sooo tempted, not sure I can hold back. That's a good bit less than half price here in Denmark.

post #1011 of 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Seller just dropped his 307 to 280$, local pickup. Am sooo tempted, not sure I can hold back. That's a good bit less than half price here in Denmark.

any stax under $300 is a pretty nice deal.  long as its in good shape

post #1012 of 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Seller just dropped his 307 to 280$, local pickup. Am sooo tempted, not sure I can hold back. That's a good bit less than half price here in Denmark.

any stax under $300 is a pretty nice deal.  long as its in good shape

Agreed. Tried it briefly, the treble seems pretty hot in a way I can't describe further without listening some more.. I heard no resemblance to the Lambda NB and Sigma NB, which I also tried. Honestly, I was very surprised at how big the difference was.

post #1013 of 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post


Yeah. That was stupid. Lol. It's the rarity of these. Probably not the actual performance that drives the prices I am guessing. Do we know the differences between these 3 cans? I wonder how they compare.

The only reason the 404LE still commands a high value since it was only released a few years ago after the regular 404 is due to it being "LE" Limited Edition. Only 1000 was made or so, so the value comes from the rarity not solely on it's performance. Think the release price was close to $1k. But I could be wrong.

post #1014 of 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

The only reason the 404LE still commands a high value since it was only released a few years ago after the regular 404 is due to it being "LE" Limited Edition. Only 1000 was made or so, so the value comes from the rarity not solely on it's performance. Think the release price was close to $1k. But I could be wrong.

woah, I thought they were about $700 when they came out.  they weren't part of a system package I don't think.

post #1015 of 1297

Yes you're right about $700 for the USA market in Europe and Australia prices were higher. Which is where the close to $1k figure came from.

 

I would not pay more then $600 for the 404 LE unless they were unopened, untouched, virgin NOS pair, then I would pay most $700.

post #1016 of 1297

Well I guess I just joined the club, picked up a nice pair of SR-Lambda's:

 

 

So far so good, mid range is fantastic, bass isn't bad, and treble thankfully isn't too bright. Not a bad buy for under 300 quid.

post #1017 of 1297

WIth that hammer next to the side almost looks like you're ready to break it.

 

Mids are indeed the primary point of owning the Lambda's. Btw what amp you driving them with?

post #1018 of 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

WIth that hammer next to the side almost looks like you're ready to break it.

 

Mids are indeed the primary point of owning the Lambda's. Btw what amp you driving them with?

Driving them with the mighty SRD-7 SB (hooked up to my Mini-X)... Might look into getting a used SRM-T1S but I'm fairly happy with it so far.

post #1019 of 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjapirate9901 View Post
 

Well I guess I just joined the club, picked up a nice pair of SR-Lambda's:

 

So far so good, mid range is fantastic, bass isn't bad, and treble thankfully isn't too bright. Not a bad buy for under 300 quid.


Oh wow, those are in beautiful condition. How much of it is replaced? I'm assuming the earpads at least are.

post #1020 of 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
 


Oh wow, those are in beautiful condition. How much of it is replaced? I'm assuming the earpads at least are.

Not sure, both the headband and earpads look fairly worn through use. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Entry Level Stax Thread