Hi everyone, I'm new here but I've been visiting the forums quite often lately in search of an answer to this question, what other pair of headphones have the same features as the V-moda M-100 such as button control with mic , kevlar reinforced cables (this is not really necessary but welcome!), very good portability and durability and that has less bass emphasis? Altough I really like to feel the bass I don't want a headphone that overshadows the other frequencies, as I've read it does with the mids. I'm not an audiophile and my best pair of headphones is a monster turbine, which I really like, but now I want something better! I mainly listen to house music, some dubstep, acoustic guitar, some jazz and rock in general. I don't want to spend more than $300. I know there are a lot of topics and comparisons including the M-100 but everytime someone recommends another headphone they are only considering the sound quality and not the other features included, like the control with mic or the quality of the cables and for me that's really important especially the mic since I'll be using it with my Nexus 4 on my daily commute to work and not having this feature on my turbine is a real pain. Thank you!
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 8/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Have V-moda M-100s. Found ATH-M50 for 98USD. Good deal? save cash for different cans? Last post on 2/27/14 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda m100 for Rock? Last post on 2/23/14 at 4:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Tightening the fit on V-MODA Crossfade M-100's? Last post on 2/20/14 at 5:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
Alternatives to the V-moda M-100 with the same features?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 358/10/13 at 12:01am
The.........V.........Mode M80! lol althought with that said I would try the M100's I think you will like them coming from the Turbines. If you want something a lot "better" in terms of fidelity than the M100's I would go with something like the Sony MDR-1R (no iControls that I remember) or the Sennheiser Momentums (iControls) both are slightly bass heavy but wont have the punch or impact your use to but will have great fidelity. Both have removable cables.post #3 of 358/10/13 at 4:29amThread Starterpost #4 of 358/10/13 at 9:07ampost #5 of 358/10/13 at 7:40pm
This is going to be tough, because as a whole package the M-100 is really hard to beat. Nothing on the market that folds so small with comparable sound and construction. Take the Momentum for example, it has a more balanced sound compare to the M-100, but it is a one piece construction and it doesn't fold. It's cable is also custom and not easy to find an aftermarket replacement. Other might fold or has detachable cables or better sound, but they are all missing one thing or another compare to the M-100.post #6 of 358/10/13 at 11:48pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheep
This is going to be tough, because as a whole package the M-100 is really hard to beat. Nothing on the market that folds so small with comparable sound and construction. Take the Momentum for example, it has a more balanced sound compare to the M-100, but it is a one piece construction and it doesn't fold. It's cable is also custom and not easy to find an aftermarket replacement. Other might fold or has detachable cables or better sound, but they are all missing one thing or another compare to the M-100.
That's why I created this topic! I'm finding it really hard to find something else that offers everything that the m100 does! I know we can't have everything in one headphone but the m100 is a really compelling option!
Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 4post #7 of 358/10/13 at 11:53pmQuote:
Yep, Val designed the M-100 based on a pool of features that currently no other headphone at it's price point can fill all at once. And if you don't have a pair already, I suggest you get one. If not get a pair of Momentum and be happy.
Edited by DrSheep - 8/10/13 at 11:55pmpost #8 of 358/11/13 at 7:05amThread StarterQuote:
Thank you for your help! I think M-100 it is then!post #9 of 358/11/13 at 10:34ampost #10 of 358/11/13 at 10:37ampost #11 of 358/11/13 at 6:03pmThread StarterQuote:
I've been looking at the psb m4u but the problem is that I'm going to ask a friend to buy it for me when he goes to new york next month and the only physical store that I know that carries a broad range of headphones is bh audio & video and they don't have it. Do you have any other store recommendation in NY?post #12 of 358/12/13 at 8:59amThread Starterpost #13 of 358/12/13 at 9:08amQuote:
Do it. It is a great 4 driver IEM with warm sound.post #14 of 358/13/13 at 4:11pmThread Starterpost #15 of 358/13/13 at 4:22pm
- Alternatives to the V-moda M-100 with the same features?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › I think i'm fighting a losing battle 6 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 16 seconds ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 45 seconds ago
- › Alpha Pads 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Logitech UE 900 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › Dark Souls! 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude