New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FAQ and Advice of X3 - Page 5

post #61 of 158

Please somebody explain to me how I can get my MPEG-4 tracks to play without gaps!

 

I listen to a lot of Classical and I am very disappointed to find out that the X3 does not work as advertised. The only way I have figured out to use the function gapless is to rip the CD into a flac with cue sheet.

From my experience, some albums purchased from "Mastered for iTunes" are of higher perceived quality than the actual CD. Cue sheets are not supported by AAC so I have absolutely no possibility to use gapless on my purchased tracks.

 

Seriously, I would not have bought the X3 if it would not advertise with the gapless feature. I am very sad and using my iPhone now.

post #62 of 158
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrazino View Post
 

Please somebody explain to me how I can get my MPEG-4 tracks to play without gaps!

 

I listen to a lot of Classical and I am very disappointed to find out that the X3 does not work as advertised. The only way I have figured out to use the function gapless is to rip the CD into a flac with cue sheet.

From my experience, some albums purchased from "Mastered for iTunes" are of higher perceived quality than the actual CD. Cue sheets are not supported by AAC so I have absolutely no possibility to use gapless on my purchased tracks.

 

Seriously, I would not have bought the X3 if it would not advertise with the gapless feature. I am very sad and using my iPhone now.

 

don't worry about it, new firmware will fix this limit . 

post #63 of 158

Hi James

 

Is there a mailing list one can subscribe for information about new firmware releases?

post #64 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
 

Hi James

 

Is there a mailing list one can subscribe for information about new firmware releases?

+1

post #65 of 158
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
 

Hi James

 

Is there a mailing list one can subscribe for information about new firmware releases?

 

yes, our website support this features. 

post #66 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

yes, our website support this features. 

I think it's here:

 

http://hosted.comm100.cn/NewsLetter/Newsletter_Subscribe.aspx?siteId=80049891&languageId=2&ifTest=fa

 

I couldn't find it before because it's under an RSS icon. I'm sure James will correct me if I'm wrong.

post #67 of 158

Hi,

I'm new here but was a reader for Head-fi for a while.

Yesterday I bought the X3 after reading about it.

 

It works great for me as I was trying to replace my iPod in my car using Line Out.

 

However, I discover some issues from X3 Line out.

Most music clipped. It seems that the "digital volume" was set way out that it clipped.

 

I do understand replay gain do not work yet, and, for 24bit hi rest FLAC, it would not work anyway. I am stuck at that. I just sounded awful.

 

I tested a few ways, the only time when it sounded good was listening X3 using a headphone.

 

Some info:

- Upgraded to 1.25

- Tested both music on microSD and internal memory.

- Everything set as FLAT. Anyway, this doesn't matter as settings and EQ does not affect the LO.

- Run X3 through my Car's amp.

- Run X3, through Sony PXA1 amp.

- Run X3 through Ray Samuels Predator

- Changed multiple 3.5mm cables.

 

All produces the same result. It seems to be at source.

One particular album has tremendous amount of clipping and distorting. Elaine Elias - Thought About You (24bit 96khz FLAC)

 

Any one had the same problem or if James would know something here.

post #68 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsumm View Post

Hi,
I'm new here but was a reader for Head-fi for a while.
Yesterday I bought the X3 after reading about it.

It works great for me as I was trying to replace my iPod in my car using Line Out.

However, I discover some issues from X3 Line out.
Most music clipped. It seems that the "digital volume" was set way out that it clipped.

I do understand replay gain do not work yet, and, for 24bit hi rest FLAC, it would not work anyway. I am stuck at that. I just sounded awful.

I tested a few ways, the only time when it sounded good was listening X3 using a headphone.

Some info:
- Upgraded to 1.25
- Tested both music on microSD and internal memory.
- Everything set as FLAT. Anyway, this doesn't matter as settings and EQ does not affect the LO.
- Run X3 through my Car's amp.
- Run X3, through Sony PXA1 amp.
- Run X3 through Ray Samuels Predator
- Changed multiple 3.5mm cables.

All produces the same result. It seems to be at source.
One particular album has tremendous amount of clipping and distorting. Elaine Elias - Thought About You (24bit 96khz FLAC)

Any one had the same problem or if James would know something here.
The X3 has a higher line out level than most portable devices. The volume control is not operative in LO
You may have a defective device. If it is not defective:
You have two options.
1. Use an attenuator in line out. Make it yourself or buy something like this http://www.core-sound.com/attenuator-cables.html
2. Use headphone out instead. Measurements indicate that into high impedance it is very similar to the LO so long as you don't go over 53 on the volume control.
Edited by sbradley02 - 9/6/13 at 6:53am
post #69 of 158
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbradley02 View Post


The X3 has a higher line out level than most portable devices. The volume control is not operative in LO
You may have a defective device. If it is not defective:
You have two options.
1. Use an attenuator in line out. Make it yourself or buy something like this http://www.core-sound.com/attenuator-cables.html
2. Use headphone out instead. Measurements indicate that into high impedance it is very similar to the LO so long as you don't go over 53 on the volume control.

 

yes, it is not the fault of X3 cause the standard line out level should be 2.0V rms. the high line out level can improve the S/N and dynamic range

post #70 of 158

Hi,

I don't understand this improvement in firmware 1.31.
6. Modified the sequence of Cue file and single song file
If there is Cue file as well as single file in one album, it would list the single song file first, then the Cue file.

Is here meant embedded CUE file inside e.g. FLAC file?

 

If no, in what consists it improvement?

 

I have in "Browse file" mode this structure:

E.G.

Cassandra Willson/1998 - Traveling Miles/Cassandra Wilson - Traveling Miles.cue + Cassandra Wilson - Traveling Miles.flac

 

If compare playback this album on firmware 1.31 with firmware version 1.25, don't see difference.

Should discuss embedded Cuesheet, then it would do anything else.

Can you me it explain?

Thank You.

post #71 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

yes, it is not the fault of X3 cause the standard line out level should be 2.0V rms. the high line out level can improve the S/N and dynamic range

My impression is that some devices are designed to work with iPod levels which are very low. I feel Fiio made the correct decision here to use industry standard voltage rather than following the sub-standard iPod levels.

 

As mentioned, use an attenuator or headphone out depending on your preferences.

post #72 of 158

Hi all,

 

Just to maybe add on about clipping on the Line Out.

What I can't figure out is, if it happened only in my car's Amplifier, I understand. But it occurs in my Sony PHAX1 and Ray Samuels as well?

I will try another home amp later to verify.

If so, that means that the Line Out source is not compatible with almost all brands of amps I have? (make it 5 if I test in my house as well)

 

I find this unbelievable...

 

Rgds

post #73 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsumm View Post
 

Hi all,

 

Just to maybe add on about clipping on the Line Out.

What I can't figure out is, if it happened only in my car's Amplifier, I understand. But it occurs in my Sony PHAX1 and Ray Samuels as well?

I will try another home amp later to verify.

If so, that means that the Line Out source is not compatible with almost all brands of amps I have? (make it 5 if I test in my house as well)

 

I find this unbelievable...

 

Rgds

 

Simple experiment.

Try the attenuator I posted earlier. If it fixes your problem you know it is an incompatibility. If it doesn't then your X3 is defective.

post #74 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

yes, it is not the fault of X3 cause the standard line out level should be 2.0V rms. the high line out level can improve the S/N and dynamic range

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsumm View Post
 

Hi all,

 

Just to maybe add on about clipping on the Line Out.

What I can't figure out is, if it happened only in my car's Amplifier, I understand. But it occurs in my Sony PHAX1 and Ray Samuels as well?

I will try another home amp later to verify.

If so, that means that the Line Out source is not compatible with almost all brands of amps I have? (make it 5 if I test in my house as well)

 

I find this unbelievable...

 

Rgds

 

I'm confused, too. Wikipedia says consumer audio line level is (nominally) 0.316 V rms. Professional peak (NOT rms) is 1.736 which is the closest I can find to 2. Of course, I'm a total newb so my confusion is totally expected and probably I'm looking at the wrong thing. Or, of course, Wikipedia may be wrong. Anyway, the article I was looking at is here:

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_level

post #75 of 158
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post
 

 

 

 

I'm confused, too. Wikipedia says consumer audio line level is (nominally) 0.316 V rms. Professional peak (NOT rms) is 1.736 which is the closest I can find to 2. Of course, I'm a total newb so my confusion is totally expected and probably I'm looking at the wrong thing. Or, of course, Wikipedia may be wrong. Anyway, the article I was looking at is here:

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_level

 

 

you can find that most CD player, DVD , SACD player have stander 2.0Vrms line out signal. I can't comment about wikipedia but I work in audio industry for over 20 years and you can trust me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO