For the past month or so I've been planning to buy the Schiit Valhalla and the Bifrost. However, a friend informed me on how they didn't sound much different from the Magni and Modi, with the Mad Dogs. Is this really true? If not, which one is better?
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Once and for all... Which would fit me best? Last post on 1/25/13 at 9:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Asked a lot but... LCD-2 Rev 2. vs HE-500 Last post on 2/7/14 at 3:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
Schiit amps for the Mad Dogs W/ Alpha Pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 88/9/13 at 4:45pmpost #3 of 88/9/13 at 4:51pmFrom the Schiit Website."Can Valhalla drive my orthodynamic headphones?Being polite: not a chance. Although Valhalla can deliver large voltages into high-impedance headphones, it cannot supply the current needed for low-efficiency, low-impedance orthodynamic headphones. If you have Audeze or HiFiMan headphones, look at Lyr. LCD-2s, HE-400s, and HE-500s are also efficient enough to be used with Asgard, if you’d like an all-solid-state option."
Edited by M3NTAL - 8/9/13 at 4:54pmpost #4 of 88/9/13 at 8:30pmThread Starterpost #5 of 810/20/13 at 3:09pm
I haven't tried the Mad Dogs with the Valhalla, but I have used the Mad Dogs with Magni, Asguard 2, and the Lyr (GE Tubes). I can say without question that the Mad Dogs sound better with the Lyrs than the other two. More impact an and sparkle. More intimate sound. You'll note the Lyr is specifically designed for Orthos. Based on my experience combined with the messaging on the Schiit site, I'd strongly recommend the Lyr to get the most of the Mad Dogs in this price range.post #6 of 810/20/13 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #7 of 810/20/13 at 10:32pm
- Schiit amps for the Mad Dogs W/ Alpha Pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions 1 minute ago
- › omg i love my new monoprice 5" studio monitors!! 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 3 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6, WA6SE or WA22 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2