For the past month or so I've been planning to buy the Schiit Valhalla and the Bifrost. However, a friend informed me on how they didn't sound much different from the Magni and Modi, with the Mad Dogs. Is this really true? If not, which one is better?
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Asked a lot but... LCD-2 Rev 2. vs HE-500 Last post on 1/9/13 at 2:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Schiit amps for the Mad Dogs W/ Alpha Pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 88/9/13 at 4:45pmpost #3 of 88/9/13 at 4:51pmFrom the Schiit Website."Can Valhalla drive my orthodynamic headphones?Being polite: not a chance. Although Valhalla can deliver large voltages into high-impedance headphones, it cannot supply the current needed for low-efficiency, low-impedance orthodynamic headphones. If you have Audeze or HiFiMan headphones, look at Lyr. LCD-2s, HE-400s, and HE-500s are also efficient enough to be used with Asgard, if you’d like an all-solid-state option."
Edited by M3NTAL - 8/9/13 at 4:54pmpost #4 of 88/9/13 at 8:30pmThread Starterpost #5 of 810/20/13 at 3:09pm
I haven't tried the Mad Dogs with the Valhalla, but I have used the Mad Dogs with Magni, Asguard 2, and the Lyr (GE Tubes). I can say without question that the Mad Dogs sound better with the Lyrs than the other two. More impact an and sparkle. More intimate sound. You'll note the Lyr is specifically designed for Orthos. Based on my experience combined with the messaging on the Schiit site, I'd strongly recommend the Lyr to get the most of the Mad Dogs in this price range.post #6 of 810/20/13 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #7 of 810/20/13 at 10:32pm
- Schiit amps for the Mad Dogs W/ Alpha Pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 50 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Review: JDS Labs O2 (Black edition) + O2/ODAC discussion 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 Prototypes 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 5 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude