For the past month or so I've been planning to buy the Schiit Valhalla and the Bifrost. However, a friend informed me on how they didn't sound much different from the Magni and Modi, with the Mad Dogs. Is this really true? If not, which one is better?
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Once and for all... Which would fit me best? Last post on 1/25/13 at 9:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Asked a lot but... LCD-2 Rev 2. vs HE-500 Last post on 2/7/14 at 3:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Schiit amps for the Mad Dogs W/ Alpha Pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 88/9/13 at 4:45pmpost #3 of 88/9/13 at 4:51pmFrom the Schiit Website."Can Valhalla drive my orthodynamic headphones?Being polite: not a chance. Although Valhalla can deliver large voltages into high-impedance headphones, it cannot supply the current needed for low-efficiency, low-impedance orthodynamic headphones. If you have Audeze or HiFiMan headphones, look at Lyr. LCD-2s, HE-400s, and HE-500s are also efficient enough to be used with Asgard, if you’d like an all-solid-state option."
Edited by M3NTAL - 8/9/13 at 4:54pmpost #4 of 88/9/13 at 8:30pmThread Starterpost #5 of 810/20/13 at 3:09pm
I haven't tried the Mad Dogs with the Valhalla, but I have used the Mad Dogs with Magni, Asguard 2, and the Lyr (GE Tubes). I can say without question that the Mad Dogs sound better with the Lyrs than the other two. More impact an and sparkle. More intimate sound. You'll note the Lyr is specifically designed for Orthos. Based on my experience combined with the messaging on the Schiit site, I'd strongly recommend the Lyr to get the most of the Mad Dogs in this price range.post #6 of 810/20/13 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #7 of 810/20/13 at 10:32pm
- Schiit amps for the Mad Dogs W/ Alpha Pads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible portable DAC/AMPs? 13 seconds ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 39 seconds ago
- › $2 Realtek Audio Chip = $2000 DAC! 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 5 minutes ago
- › Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)