- 703 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Cornwall and Devon UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 5/23/15 at 6:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 4/29/15 at 12:52pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 586
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So yeah its been over a year now and I still love my Alpha Dogs. They seem to do a good job of showing ambient cues in recordings and have a "room feel" that I can hear studio reverb effects in a haunting way with vocals.
I probably won't own another pair of headphones until I get an Ether. I really do think the Alpha Dog kicks headphone ass and prefer it over the stock HD800 I have heard.
IMO the Alpha Dogs really lived up to the initial hype train that got derailed by a few fringe reviewers. I'm saying that these are a guaranteed success and compare favorably to other T50RP mods like the Paradox and Paradox Slant.
I won't say which are better but I think Purrin has to take another look at my Alpha Dogs and wipe the cobwebs from the Paradox camp bias.
Edited by wahsmoh - 5/24/15 at 10:56am
And the Thunderpants? I know they are almost impossible to get anymore, but there's a reason why they were always considered one of the best closed headphones ever produced. It'd be cool to have a comparison with the thunderpants as well.
Different flavor completely.
Headfonia compared the Thunderpants to the Alpha Dog in their review.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 30 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 4 minutes ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 5 minutes ago
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2