I do agree, the any quality issues in the source material will result in adjusting the EQ so the AD are useable and since my material is bit dodgy i have use 2xDT or is it my ears
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Alpha Dogs vs Open Cans? Last post on 12/7/14 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- CIEM vs Full Sized Last post on 12/11/14 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best recommendation for budget closed full size over the ear headphones under $25 Last post on 11/5/14 at 9:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs Vs. Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Last post on 11/24/14 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in Headphones (full-size)
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It could be your pair has a bit less bass out-of-the-box than mine, though what I hear on mine isn't too far off the tour pair I tested a while back, and Tyll's measurements indicate the AD should have at least a subtle bass boost. Unless your pair already has the vents mostly opened, you probably have room to increase the bass. This may also affect treble to your liking.
As long as you are EQing treble down on the AD, it should have no ill effect and might not even be worth further looking into the felt pads. They do, after all, mostly just bump down the treble response in a fairly even fashion.
Thanks. Do you use Vali to drive AD?
I think that this is very interesting, but in a different thread. Seems like finding a driver that is an improvement over the T50RP driver is the most important part of the equation, as the 3D printing for the cup appears to give Dan a lot of flexibility in the cup design.
the question is what is the basic sound signature required from a different diver type and what tuning would we want from Dan
so do we want better more defined sound stage and do we want more detailed mids and highs or more forgiving with poor source files. I suppose the question is what is missing from the AD ? what would make them more much better ?
Here's my opinion: Dan should just keep doing whatever he wants to do. He'd go both crazy and broke trying to create custom sounding headphones for users. If you like what he creates, use it. If you don't there are about a half million other options in the world.
No disrespect but this is the Alpha Dog thread. I don't mind being a little off topic if it has something to do with the AD like cables, amps, DAPs, sources, music...blah blah. Lets not imagine what Dan can do.
:D because of the AD I no longer have any urges to spend more money on headphones. But now I keep asking myself if I need a portable setup so I can hear my AD in the library and not just at home...
Very nice. I am looking for the most affordable portable amp/DAC combo that can put out power like my stationary amp.
AD can deliver so better the DAP the better the result so the X5 ($350) was the best i could afford (AK 240 $2500), however, form the FiiO E12 ($150) thread I understood that the cheaper X3 ($200) is very close to SQ and then you can spend a little more on the amp. I dont have much choice in Dubai and FiiO was the only product that I could test and I found it to be tuneful enough for me to buy.
I can report that the iFi micro iDSD works great with the Alpha Dog. The very slight bass boost and crossfeed work well with the AD if you want to make it just a little more "fun."
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Experience with nocturnal audio cables? 17 seconds ago
- › In ear headphone with budget around 200 USD 3 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Heads up! Dick Smith "Premium headphones VT H68" aluminum and... 4 minutes ago
- › EQ cure all? 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Dignis Leather Case for iBasso DX90 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 8 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)