I do agree, the any quality issues in the source material will result in adjusting the EQ so the AD are useable and since my material is bit dodgy i have use 2xDT or is it my ears
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 9/24/14 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for gym use Last post on 9/22/14 at 3:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack Last post on 9/19/14 at 12:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted some ideas. Last post on 9/24/14 at 8:18am in Video Games Discussion
- m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp Last post on 9/2/14 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It could be your pair has a bit less bass out-of-the-box than mine, though what I hear on mine isn't too far off the tour pair I tested a while back, and Tyll's measurements indicate the AD should have at least a subtle bass boost. Unless your pair already has the vents mostly opened, you probably have room to increase the bass. This may also affect treble to your liking.
As long as you are EQing treble down on the AD, it should have no ill effect and might not even be worth further looking into the felt pads. They do, after all, mostly just bump down the treble response in a fairly even fashion.
Thanks. Do you use Vali to drive AD?
I think that this is very interesting, but in a different thread. Seems like finding a driver that is an improvement over the T50RP driver is the most important part of the equation, as the 3D printing for the cup appears to give Dan a lot of flexibility in the cup design.
the question is what is the basic sound signature required from a different diver type and what tuning would we want from Dan
so do we want better more defined sound stage and do we want more detailed mids and highs or more forgiving with poor source files. I suppose the question is what is missing from the AD ? what would make them more much better ?
Here's my opinion: Dan should just keep doing whatever he wants to do. He'd go both crazy and broke trying to create custom sounding headphones for users. If you like what he creates, use it. If you don't there are about a half million other options in the world.
No disrespect but this is the Alpha Dog thread. I don't mind being a little off topic if it has something to do with the AD like cables, amps, DAPs, sources, music...blah blah. Lets not imagine what Dan can do.
:D because of the AD I no longer have any urges to spend more money on headphones. But now I keep asking myself if I need a portable setup so I can hear my AD in the library and not just at home...
Very nice. I am looking for the most affordable portable amp/DAC combo that can put out power like my stationary amp.
AD can deliver so better the DAP the better the result so the X5 ($350) was the best i could afford (AK 240 $2500), however, form the FiiO E12 ($150) thread I understood that the cheaper X3 ($200) is very close to SQ and then you can spend a little more on the amp. I dont have much choice in Dubai and FiiO was the only product that I could test and I found it to be tuneful enough for me to buy.
I can report that the iFi micro iDSD works great with the Alpha Dog. The very slight bass boost and crossfeed work well with the AD if you want to make it just a little more "fun."
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 14 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 32 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 34 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 1 minute ago
- › Classical only ... Akg 712 / Shure 1840 / HD 600&650 ? 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)