I do agree, the any quality issues in the source material will result in adjusting the EQ so the AD are useable and since my material is bit dodgy i have use 2xDT or is it my ears
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack Last post on Today at 4:51 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp Last post on 9/2/14 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/ Appreciation/ Mod Thread. Last post on Today at 2:14 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for the commute Last post on 8/4/14 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Fostex T50rp really worth 200$ ??? (ready for controversy? :-) Last post on 9/9/14 at 1:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It could be your pair has a bit less bass out-of-the-box than mine, though what I hear on mine isn't too far off the tour pair I tested a while back, and Tyll's measurements indicate the AD should have at least a subtle bass boost. Unless your pair already has the vents mostly opened, you probably have room to increase the bass. This may also affect treble to your liking.
As long as you are EQing treble down on the AD, it should have no ill effect and might not even be worth further looking into the felt pads. They do, after all, mostly just bump down the treble response in a fairly even fashion.
Thanks. Do you use Vali to drive AD?
I think that this is very interesting, but in a different thread. Seems like finding a driver that is an improvement over the T50RP driver is the most important part of the equation, as the 3D printing for the cup appears to give Dan a lot of flexibility in the cup design.
the question is what is the basic sound signature required from a different diver type and what tuning would we want from Dan
so do we want better more defined sound stage and do we want more detailed mids and highs or more forgiving with poor source files. I suppose the question is what is missing from the AD ? what would make them more much better ?
Here's my opinion: Dan should just keep doing whatever he wants to do. He'd go both crazy and broke trying to create custom sounding headphones for users. If you like what he creates, use it. If you don't there are about a half million other options in the world.
No disrespect but this is the Alpha Dog thread. I don't mind being a little off topic if it has something to do with the AD like cables, amps, DAPs, sources, music...blah blah. Lets not imagine what Dan can do.
:D because of the AD I no longer have any urges to spend more money on headphones. But now I keep asking myself if I need a portable setup so I can hear my AD in the library and not just at home...
Very nice. I am looking for the most affordable portable amp/DAC combo that can put out power like my stationary amp.
AD can deliver so better the DAP the better the result so the X5 ($350) was the best i could afford (AK 240 $2500), however, form the FiiO E12 ($150) thread I understood that the cheaper X3 ($200) is very close to SQ and then you can spend a little more on the amp. I dont have much choice in Dubai and FiiO was the only product that I could test and I found it to be tuneful enough for me to buy.
I can report that the iFi micro iDSD works great with the Alpha Dog. The very slight bass boost and crossfeed work well with the AD if you want to make it just a little more "fun."
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WA7 & WA7tp 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from sennheiser 555? 4 minutes ago
- › FINAL DROP FOR DT990s! DT990 Pro 250,(BNIB) Hifiman He 300 & Fiio... 5 minutes ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 5 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)