Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 525

post #7861 of 7869

Instead of an open headphone and/or re-hashing more T50RP driver usage, I'd prefer a new design, new drivers, etc... (I basically think we have heard the limit of those Fostex drivers and anything else that might be squeezed will be minimal).

 

So come on Dan! ;)

post #7862 of 7869

The HD700 would be a worse option for the above poster.  Would be no good for Torta as they are too bright, brighter than the AD or HD6X0 series. 

post #7863 of 7869
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

Instead of an open headphone and/or re-hashing more T50RP driver usage, I'd prefer a new design, new drivers, etc... (I basically think we have heard the limit of those Fostex drivers and anything else that might be squeezed will be minimal).

 

So come on Dan! ;)


Those limits are not too tardy.

post #7864 of 7869
The HE-400I is a very comfortable headphone although I find the head pads warm when compared to Alpha Dogs. I found the sound on the HE-400i to be a bit more drier, less lush than the AD'S. But it's one of the best open backed headphones I have heard yet. I will give a detailed review on the HE-400i's sometime this weekend. But I feel the AD'S are my favorite headphones I have heard so far.
post #7865 of 7869
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog View Post

The HE-400I is a very comfortable headphone although I find the head pads warm when compared to Alpha Dogs. I found the sound on the HE-400i to be a bit more drier, less lush than the AD'S. But it's one of the best open backed headphones I have heard yet. I will give a detailed review on the HE-400i's sometime this weekend. But I feel the AD'S are my favorite headphones I have heard so far.

I do agree with you overall SQ and balance is great and I have not heard any headphones I would want more than the AD yet

post #7866 of 7869
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog View Post

I found the sound on the HE-400i to be a bit more drier, less lush than the AD'S.

Hm, I thought ... by other online comparisons, that the opposite should be true. I thought 400i is a bit thicker sounding? Did you mean an particular range of FR or overall impression? I find the AD a bit thin for me and sometimes I EQ treble to about -3db.

post #7867 of 7869
Quote:
Originally Posted by torta View Post

Hm, I thought ... by other online comparisons, that the opposite should be true. I thought 400i is a bit thicker sounding? Did you mean an particular range of FR or overall impression? I find the AD a bit thin for me and sometimes I EQ treble to about -3db.
Too my ears I found the overall sound a tad drier however I found the alpha dogs a touch sibilant compared to the 400it's . The bass on the 400i's to be great, definitely deeper, but controlled, no leakage into the mids. I needs to hear the HE-560's to make a fair comparison. Both the alpha dogs and the 400i's are great cans and compliment each other. And the HE-400i's I am using are unmodified. I have no doubt that doing the grill mod would make the HE-400i's sound fantastic. I
post #7868 of 7869

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue74/alpha_dog.htm

 

Here's another newer review I found. He doesn't go very much in depth but I could tell he was ecstatic that's for sure

post #7869 of 7869
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog View Post


Too my ears I found the overall sound a tad drier however I found the alpha dogs a touch sibilant compared to the 400it's . The bass on the 400i's to be great, definitely deeper, but controlled, no leakage into the mids. I needs to hear the HE-560's to make a fair comparison. Both the alpha dogs and the 400i's are great cans and compliment each other. And the HE-400i's I am using are unmodified. I have no doubt that doing the grill mod would make the HE-400i's sound fantastic. I

Oh man, I'll be doing that comparison in a few days.

 

And yeah, I found the same thing with the AD's when I had the 560's.  Added some doggy treats to tame it a bit, but I never would have noticed or minded had I not heard the 560's.

 

Reading threads is dangerous!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones