Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 2/11/15 at 9:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 523
Gear mentioned in this thread:
ifi iDSD micro drives them easily and sounds great... not balance mode... the amp only has single end...
CEntrance HiFi-M8 is the best, IMO. Fiio E12 is OK.
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/27/14 at 9:56am
Wow this thread really got exciting! I really have been in search of the right amp/dac to compliment my iBasso dx90 and give the dogs power they really need to be portable.
Otherwise, I feel that where I am at in my home setup is the most I'm ever going to need to spend and climbing Summit-fi was attainable at half the price of admission. (Head-fi world, not speaker world.. I am not ready for that until I have a real job)
Edited by wahsmoh - 8/27/14 at 4:33pm
After demoing the HE-560's, I finally noticed the slight glare in the treble. I broke down and installed one of the pads from the doggie treats.
Yep- smoothed things quite nicely!
Makes me really appreciate what Dan has been able to do with the technology and incredibly good pricing on the Alpha Dogs!!!
But it also makes me curious what he could do if he had the resources to design his own driver.
The 560's are probably the best can I've ever heard, although the AD's are in the same league.
I did the same thing with my HE-6...
Good to hear because I'll also have both within the next few days. I'm more excited about receiving the Alpha Dogs for some reason. If only customs would release them.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 second ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman 'Japanese Versions' – Help for Dummies thread 7 minutes ago
- › AudioTechnica ATH-W3000LTD 8 minutes ago
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 9 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2