Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 523

post #7831 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppu08 View Post

Hi new to the thread.. Can you suggest the best portable amp that can power the alpha dogs? This dogs are effin' hungry! Lol
I would look a Fiio E12 DIY, it can be modified so the AD's get the power they need. I have the e12 and sometimes the sound on my dogs sounds a tad congested.
post #7832 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppu08 View Post

Hi new to the thread.. Can you suggest the best portable amp that can power the alpha dogs? This dogs are effin' hungry! Lol

ifi iDSD micro drives them easily and sounds great...  not balance mode... the amp only has single end...

post #7833 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppu08 View Post

Hi new to the thread.. Can you suggest the best portable amp that can power the alpha dogs? This dogs are effin' hungry! Lol

 

CEntrance HiFi-M8 is the best, IMO.  Fiio E12 is OK. 


Edited by pdrm360 - 8/27/14 at 9:56am
post #7834 of 8699

I'm loving my hifi m8 and alpha dog combo. Its really really good!

post #7835 of 8699
Have you guys tried the duet?
post #7836 of 8699
Try the recently discovered cayin c5. Mine will be coming in a few days but from what other head fiers said, they are like the e12 powerwise but better sounding
post #7837 of 8699

Wow this thread really got exciting! I really have been in search of the right amp/dac to compliment my iBasso dx90 and give the dogs power they really need to be portable.

 

Otherwise, I feel that where I am at in my home setup is the most I'm ever going to need to spend and climbing Summit-fi was attainable at half the price of admission.  (Head-fi world, not speaker world.. I am not ready for that until I have a real job)


Edited by wahsmoh - 8/27/14 at 4:33pm
post #7838 of 8699

After demoing the HE-560's, I finally noticed the slight glare in the treble.  I broke down and installed one of the pads from the doggie treats.

 

Yep- smoothed things quite nicely!

post #7839 of 8699
^+1, I have the Alpha Dogs(one treat per side) and the 560's they compliment each other quite well.

Makes me really appreciate what Dan has been able to do with the technology and incredibly good pricing on the Alpha Dogs!!!
post #7840 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

^+1, I have the Alpha Dogs(one treat per side) and the 560's they compliment each other quite well.

Makes me really appreciate what Dan has been able to do with the technology and incredibly good pricing on the Alpha Dogs!!!

But it also makes me curious what he could do if he had the resources to design his own driver.

 

The 560's are probably the best can I've ever heard, although the AD's are in the same league.

post #7841 of 8699
I'm hoping he is working on a completely open mad dog.
post #7842 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober-george View Post

I'm hoping he is working on a completely open mad dog.

:eek:

post #7843 of 8699

I would buy if Dan made open headphones

post #7844 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 

After demoing the HE-560's, I finally noticed the slight glare in the treble.  I broke down and installed one of the pads from the doggie treats.

 

Yep- smoothed things quite nicely!

I did the same thing with my HE-6...:atsmile:

post #7845 of 8699
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

But it also makes me curious what he could do if he had the resources to design his own driver.

The 560's are probably the best can I've ever heard, although the AD's are in the same league.

Good to hear because I'll also have both within the next few days. I'm more excited about receiving the Alpha Dogs for some reason. If only customs would release them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones