Is there an option with these to have your own 24 awg Litz OCC cable from the driver to cable port,so any after-market cable goes all the way to the driver ? As I imagine if you open them yourself to remove the internal stock cable it would invalidate the warranty ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 5/23/15 at 6:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 4/29/15 at 12:52pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 518
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, that definitely would invalidate it and you'd have a high probability of destroying the driver. The system used to attach leads to the driver is extremely delicate. If you want custom work done on an order you can always PM me. We don't do a lot of custom work because it can be expensive or it may just not work with what we do, but if you're still interested PM me and we can discuss your needs.
I have been holding out on getting new closed cans, the decision was down to XC's the Alpha dogs and the Fostex (600's because I didn't really dig the 900's when I heard them last time) One pre-requisite was that they had to play nice with the M8 (not hard to do for any of these cans).
No better place to audition closed cans then at a loud meet environment with lots of equipment to try them with, the LA meet last WE was perfect.
Guess what, they were all great but for the price you can't beat Dan's creation.
Kudos man really digging them.
It doesn't have a huge power spec, but the iFi micro iCAN works really well with the ADs. I have more powerful amps and have compared, and the iCAN is plenty powerful. No tubes, but it is very clear with just a hint of warmth.
If you're not married to tubes, and you have a good source (especially with variable output), the Schiit Magni is darned impressive. Especially for $100!!!!!!!!
A vintage receiver is another good choice. 70's Pioneer, Marantz, Sansui, etc. are pretty nice and can sometimes be had for great deals. And many of them have Treble/Bass tone controls if you feel you want more or less of either.
Asgard 2 should come bundled with the AD. The two are a match made in heaven. I just can't perceive how music could sound better from a closed back headphone(or any headphone in general).
I have heard a lot of headphones too. HD800 isn't natural sounding enough to me unless paired with a tube amp and modded (although I do respect the massive soundstage and depth).
LCD line is too heavy and too expensive (also heard of driver failures and other problems, just a no no in my book.)
The only other option for me would be a high end Stax setup
Yes, my original amp combo was a E17/E09k, prior to getting my Lyr 2. The combination worked fairly well, to be honest it worked well with my Alpha Dogs and HD650's. A tad dark, but musical. Let me know if you want any additional information.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Clear Tune Monitors CT-6E Elite Flagship Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 18 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 2 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Transforming Our Society through...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)