Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 491

post #7351 of 8006

are there any pics of what the alpha dogs look like on the stand with the new foam block?

post #7352 of 8006

FYI we now have a 10' 1/4" cable option.

post #7353 of 8006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSire View Post
 

are there any pics of what the alpha dogs look like on the stand with the new foam block?

 

OK, ok!  Here's a quick and dirty photo.  My desk is covered in headphones and doesn't make beauty shots easy...  :rolleyes:  As you can see, with the foam in place and the risers left as they were on my head the phone fits properly.  The foam can be attached with rubber cement or double sided foam tape, or other adhesives if desired, as long as they don't melt the foam.

 

The foam can be wrapped in microfiber, or anything for that matter.  Alternatively one can put a 2-3" wood block under the stand and it works well, too.  

 

post #7354 of 8006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

FYI we now have a 10' 1/4" cable option.

 

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  Except I ordered about a week too early. :( 

 

It's a great move though. 

post #7355 of 8006
Thanks you for the 10 foot cable, you have made me and my wallet happy.smily_headphones1.gif
post #7356 of 8006

I have Vali and Modi is it worth to upgrade the Dac/Amp?

 

I was thinking the Lyr 2 + Odac keep it <$500. Does the Lyr have any microphonics? The Vali gets annoying with it

post #7357 of 8006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehsprayer View Post
 

I have Vali and Modi is it worth to upgrade the Dac/Amp?

 

I was thinking the Lyr 2 + Odac keep it <$500. Does the Lyr have any microphonics? The Vali gets annoying with it


microphonics will depend on the tube.

i tried a lot of different tubes, and i only had microphics a couple of times

post #7358 of 8006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehsprayer View Post
 

I have Vali and Modi is it worth to upgrade the Dac/Amp?

 

I was thinking the Lyr 2 + Odac keep it <$500. Does the Lyr have any microphonics? The Vali gets annoying with it


microphonics will depend on the tube.

i tried a lot of different tubes, and i only had microphics a couple of times

+1
post #7359 of 8006
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post


+1

Will the Modi be fine with the Lyr or is the Bifrost worth the $520 upgrade (usb + uber). 

 

I want the Lyr mostly because of its power and the microphonics of the vali kind of get annoying. Everytime I sneeze, open a can of pop, even move the cable it rings). I could just find good tubes that do not have microphonics. I do like tubes though and enjoy a warmer sound and not so bright

post #7360 of 8006
As it was already microphonic depends on the tube so getting Lyr is not guarantee to avoid it.
I never heard Modi so can't comment but I prefer DacMagic Plus over Bifrost Uber, just personal preference
post #7361 of 8006

The only bad micro phonics I had with my Lyr were some Green Hornet tubes.  They rang when I typed, it was truly amazing.  ka ting, ting ting, ka tinggg... 

 

FWIW, I have a Lyr 2 and it is a big step up with significantly more resolution and a much larger sound stage.

post #7362 of 8006

Asgard 2 and Uberfrost are a great pairing. I also don't have to deal with tube microphonics :P

post #7363 of 8006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

The only bad micro phonics I had with my Lyr were some Green Hornet tubes.  They rang when I typed, it was truly amazing.  ka ting, ting ting, ka tinggg... 

FWIW, I have a Lyr 2 and it is a big step up with significantly more resolution and a much larger sound stage.
Any chance the Lyr2 is coming to the SF Bay meet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsmoh View Post

Asgard 2 and Uberfrost are a great pairing. I also don't have to deal with tube microphonics :P
Agreed. Still, I'm finally getting fascinated by tubes. That freakin' Vali is a gateway drug I tell ya!
post #7364 of 8006

Hey guys, I just sent my MadDogs in for the upgrade to AlphaDogs, yesterday!!! I've been waiting since early December so I was so excited when the upgrade notice finally arrived. However, I was blown away by Dan and the MrSpeakers crew in that they turned my headphones around the same day they arrived in San Diego!!! Amazing!!! Can't wait to hear them next Tuesday!!! Yeah!!!!

post #7365 of 8006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post


Any chance the Lyr2 is coming to the SF Bay meet?

or to Spokane... oh wait. We don't have meets here. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones