Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 488

post #7306 of 8806

Yeah, I know. I can get the Zebrano or Walnut (I like those two best) for $160 but it's a hell of a lot for what it is. I probably won't even bother with a headphone stand, really. I only want one desktop headphone, and when it's not in use I just rest it next to my keyboard like so:

 

post #7307 of 8806
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretixAevum View Post
 

Eh, it's probably not worth a lot so it's not like I'd be paying a great deal for it. Probably just keep it in the box, I guess. I wouldn't mind getting a Sieveking headphone stand. 


mine is in the box

post #7308 of 8806
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretixAevum View Post
 

Are you allowed to order the Alpha Dog without the stand for a slightly lower price? I really don't care for the sheet metal type design and it's not even big enough for the headphones so I'd rather not have to pay for it and just have it sitting around in the box unused. 

 

So, my cable is in the box, never used, he could do the same thing you suggest with the cable, I don't like the sound with the stock cable.....and I would also like different pads, they get warm, I'd like velours!  My point is, for $600 you have a headphone that sounds like a headphone up to 3 times it's price.......well worth the asking price in my opinion, a fair package deal!

post #7309 of 8806

Both the MD and AD are, IMO, the best bang for buck in their respective class. 

post #7310 of 8806
Well I see that as kind of different, since you absolutely need a cable and earpads to use the headphone. Headphone stands are a much more optional accessory. And I really do think a headphone stand that can't hold the headphone it's designed for with it's cables plugged in is a pretty worthless addition in my opinion.

But I do agree that it is a great value headphone package, I can deal with an unused headphone stand.
post #7311 of 8806
It be a good thing the alpha dogs are now pedigreed, for it shows how marvellous these cans are to behold.smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by reddog - 6/8/14 at 7:20am
post #7312 of 8806
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

Both the MD and AD are, IMO, the best bang for buck in their respective class. 

 

What other headphones do you put in their "class"?  I think for the AD price, they would be very hard to beat until you spend more that $1000!

post #7313 of 8806
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretixAevum View Post

Well I see that as kind of different, since you absolutely need a cable and earpads to use the headphone. Headphone stands are a much more optional accessory. And I really do think a headphone stand that can't hold the headphone it's designed for with it's cables plugged in is a pretty worthless addition in my opinion.

But I do agree that it is a great value headphone package, I can deal with an unused headphone stand.
The addition of the foam pad to hold the headphones up helps with this.
post #7314 of 8806

I thought the AD were a little too bright until I placed 1 Dog Treat in each cup so based on that what aftermarket cable do you guys recommend for them?

post #7315 of 8806
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretixAevum View Post

Well I see that as kind of different, since you absolutely need a cable and earpads to use the headphone. Headphone stands are a much more optional accessory. And I really do think a headphone stand that can't hold the headphone it's designed for with it's cables plugged in is a pretty worthless addition in my opinion.

But I do agree that it is a great value headphone package, I can deal with an unused headphone stand.

One can pretty easily put a foam pad on top of the stand to raise the headphones a bit.  That said, mine is an earlier edition, without the foam piece in the box.  It sits in the box, unused, under the bed because the headphones don't fit on it well in the as shipped configuration.  I haven't gotten around to modding the stand.  it is a nice, simple stand, and a nice add in.  It is unfortunate that the Alphas don't fit well with the cables attached.

 

I wonder about a half moon type piece of wood/plastic/foam that sits inside the underside of the stand during shipping, and then is attached to the top of the stand after being unpacked.  It could attach with a nut and bolt, velcro, glue…  I'll have to look in the box and see if this would be an option.  If it is, Dan would have to decide if it is a worthwhile option.  More pieces = more cost = higher price...

post #7316 of 8806

I mentioned a couple pages back, but if anyone has a minute and a ruler, can you measure the width of the comfort strap for me? It would be much appreciated! 

post #7317 of 8806
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post
 

I thought the AD were a little too bright until I placed 1 Dog Treat in each cup so based on that what aftermarket cable do you guys recommend for them?

 

Best, most realistic sound....Doublehelixcables Fusion Type 4 Litz.  A little more affordable, Norne/Norse Audio has a new Vanquish wire that is a Type 6 Litz.  Both of these are cutting edge technology, and the best wires in the world.  I've heard them both and they are fantastic.  This new design will revolutionize the sound of headphones! 

 

Disclaimer:

 

For those that don't believe in cables sounding different, save your money!

post #7318 of 8806
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post
 

I mentioned a couple pages back, but if anyone has a minute and a ruler, can you measure the width of the comfort strap for me? It would be much appreciated! 

 1.75 inches approx. No padding but it doesn't need it. The continuous weight distribution of the strap is excellent. I wish Audeze would adapt something similar.

post #7319 of 8806
Quote:
Originally Posted by KmanChu View Post
 

 1.75 inches approx. No padding but it doesn't need it. The continuous weight distribution of the strap is excellent. I wish Audeze would adapt something similar.

Thanks for that! I know what you're saying. In one sense, its not needed. The comfort strap distributes the weight well across the head. Personally though, and I'm not sure why, but the leather irritates my head a ton; It may be because I keep my hair short? I'm in an office environment, so I still need to make it look professional, or else just a wrap a cloth around it. 

post #7320 of 8806

I'm bald on top these days and I don't have any irritation from the AD comfort strap.  Its, well, comfortable.  :o 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones