Count me back in AD camp. It will be great to hear them again. I've missed the sound and having a closed hp.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 2/11/15 at 9:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 479
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just like that?
What about the weight?
Glad to have you back, no matter what!
LOL. I was gonna search for a giff of Swarzenegger or something, but I'm at work.
Matt- what is it about the AD's that have stayed with you? I'm curious, because I'm still somewhat surprised at how freaking good they are.
There are five alignment splines. Four thin, one thick. On my AD the one thick spline faces in for both cups, was that intentional or a fluke on my AD?
Is it worth selling the vali and modi and purchasing the Lyr + Bifrost, or keep the modi and buy the lyr?
The $450 is a fair bit considering it also has to be shipped to Canada which is another $70 or more with taxes, import duties and shipping costs. Plus tube rolling...is the lyr much better than the vali I got?
I received an upgrade email as well, but since I've already had mine upgraded I'm assuming there was a duplicate in there somewhere. Feel free to send the next person in line their email. Don't want to upgrade my upgraded Alphas... unless you have something else coming.
Yes, we did a bit of overlap with the last batch of upgrades. Based on the response over the next few days we'll probably send a few more out early next week.
Edited by reddog - 5/28/14 at 4:48pm
I knew I should have gotten an uber defrost. Couldn't see out my car windows all winter.
Well from first impressions, they were easily worth the wait. I know Dan probably wanted to throw a shoe or something at me last week but he was professional even if
One thing I have noted, is that out of my Asgard 2 at home, there did appear to be some background static coming through on both the low and high impedance settings, which is also connected to an uber-Bifrost. Not sure if it is a power issue, maybe the AD2 jusn't doesn't have enough "umph" compared to the Lyr that the AD seems to love. I am going to take the headphones home over the weekend and give them a thorough listen to see if it was just a mishap. Will also have to listen and see if my Asgard also does this with the P7's and maybe I just never noticed.
At work however, these things have a completely different sound signature coming out of my WA6-SE/Bifrost. I am still running stock tubes, so it picks up a few annoyances from the stocks you weren't able to hear on the P7's but that should be resolved in the coming weeks when more deliveries arrive.
With that said, even with stock tubes, the detail that comes through on these cans is simply amazing. They are incredibly comfortable to boot, at least for my ears/head. I have been wearing them most of the day, forgetting they were on once or twice, listening to everything from Johnny Cash, Diana Krall, Temple of the Dog, Everlast - Life Acoustic, The Gloaming, Norah Jones, Pantera and of course my Zeppelin and Sabbath collection.
Everything I said about the WA6-SE on the Woo thread, was enhanced by switching to the AD's. They simply seemed to add to everything the Woo excelled at, bringing out nuances of specific songs that I have listened to my entire life but they come off much more detailed, with a very clear separation of instruments and vocals. The bass hits are succinct and don't sound muddied or clumped, which was a poor trait of the P7 as I am not much of a bass head. They don't come off overly bright in any way and thus far have not been fatiguing at all.
The one thing I haven't tried is any of my classical collection, because that kind of takes the right mood/location for me to enjoy it and really listen intently. Will do that over the next few weeks.
Dan, all I got to say is kudos for making a very high quality product. Look forward to my next several weeks of listening to them.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 17 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 34 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 14 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 15 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2