Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 445

post #6661 of 8780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignfire View Post

Any recommended headphone bag for this?

see here

post #6662 of 8780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeskR View Post

Going to pull the trigger tomorrow on a Schiit Lyr I think, unless anyone can convince me of another amp in that price range that will pair well with these and future cans.


like the idea of being able to roll some tubes when i have the cash to play around with the sound signature.


Anyone have any suggestions for other amps, tube or SS, that I should consider?


edit: typo
I won't steer you from it. I've heard it, like it, almost bought it twice. If you want solid state, a used Burson Soloist SL or Soloist. I've had the SL, and frankly may end up with a Lyr or soloist. Depends on how the Asgard2 works out. Trying that next week.
post #6663 of 8780

Beofre I buy these, are there any known upgrades for the ADs happening anytime soon? Also Dan how do you like the Vali with the ADs?

post #6664 of 8780

@Reignfire: No thanks, you really make a good deal by buying Mrspeakers AlphaDog. Excellent price /quality ratio!!!


Edited by PAM005 - 4/20/14 at 8:53am
post #6665 of 8780

hoping mine get posted this week so the lyr and ADs arrive at approximately the same time. :darthsmile:

post #6666 of 8780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeskR View Post
 

Going to pull the trigger tomorrow on a Schiit Lyr I think, unless anyone can convince me of another amp in that price range that will pair well with these and future cans.

like the idea of being able to roll some tubes when i have the cash to play around with the sound signature.

Anyone have any suggestions for other amps, tube or SS, that I should consider?

edit: typo

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

I won't steer you away from the lyr...neither would Dan I suppose. ;)


i found the lyr to be very good, with good tubes, never tried stock though

post #6667 of 8780
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

 

 


i found the lyr to be very good, with good tubes, never tried stock though

I think relatively soon after getting it I will invest in some new cheapish tubes ~$30-$50 price range, any good all purpose tubes you can suggest in that range?

post #6668 of 8780

My favorite tubes in the Lyr driving the AD are Gold Lions.

post #6669 of 8780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ableza View Post

My favorite tubes in the Lyr driving the AD are Gold Lions.

How much do they go for?
post #6670 of 8780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeskR View Post


How much do they go for?

 

Gold Lion E88CC run around $45. 

post #6671 of 8780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeskR View Post
 

I think relatively soon after getting it I will invest in some new cheapish tubes ~$30-$50 price range, any good all purpose tubes you can suggest in that range?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Philips-Holland-1970-Siemens-Germany-6DJ8-ECC88-6922-Audio-Tubes-STRONG-/231208253995?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item35d515fa2b

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Philips-Holland-1970-Siemens-Germany-6DJ8-ECC88-6922-Audio-Tubes-STRONG-/231208253995?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item35d515fa2b

 

something like these, but if you can stretch your budget to $70-$100, you can get some pretty good tubes, check out the lyr tube rollers thread, good info there

post #6672 of 8780
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.
post #6673 of 8780

if you think this headphone doesnt have any bass...I urge you to look up Lil wayne - how to love or lollipop... the bass is so luxurious

post #6674 of 8780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law87 View Post

if you think this headphone doesnt have any bass...I urge you to look up Lil wayne - how to love or lollipop... the bass is so luxurious

Just curious - is this with or without some degree of adjustment to your bass screws? I'm tempted to open each of mine up by half a turn but am sitting on the fence.
post #6675 of 8780
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic View Post


Just curious - is this with or without some degree of adjustment to your bass screws? I'm tempted to open each of mine up by half a turn but am sitting on the fence.

I dont wanna touch that thing lol. I was hoping Mr Speaker AKA Dan can do a youtube on this showing us how to do it or how much to do it but I honestly think the bass is good for me. I'm not a bass head.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones