Slappa Hardbody Pro Case.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Edit: SRH1540 vs Alpha Dogs Last post on 1/27/15 at 6:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Alpha Dogs vs Open Cans? Last post on 12/7/14 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- CIEM vs Full Sized Last post on 12/11/14 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best recommendation for budget closed full size over the ear headphones under $25 Last post on 11/5/14 at 9:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs Vs. Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Last post on 11/24/14 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 419
Gear mentioned in this thread:
However I am keen to hear thoughts on 3rd party cables used on the ADs...especially balanced cables driven by portable balanced amps (Rx Mk3, Duet, Theorem 720, SR-71B, etc.). I'm particularly curious on any impact balanced cables have on the ADs and the different changes on sonics based on cable construction (i.e. OFC, OCC copper/silver, silver/gold mix, silver/copper mix).
I'm still curious. Has anyone been able to compare SE vs balanced on the AD's? Does it gain much by having it balanced?
My RX Mk1 does a decent job with my Alpha Dog, if you are on a budget.
Otherwise, the Centrance M8 is famous for its power and netrual sound signature.
I"m also using an ALO product--The International--with my AD's and I'm pleased with the match-up for portable. I'd recommend auditioning them together if possible.
I've owned the SE AD and compared against a friends balanced AD's. When they are volume matched I could not pick them apart TBH.
I had a rare hour to spend with my AD's last night, and put on a FLAC copy of "Lay it Down" by the Cowboy Junkies, standard Redbook spec. Halfway through the first song, I realized that none of my open cans, even the Hifiman's, ever sounded this good to me. I admit, the Uber and Soloist are huge variables in this. Regardless, the AD's had a a depth and a soundstage that trump any cans I've had over the years.
Naah. That's the album. I don't have Revisited, but I do have the original Trinity. Hopefully tonight I will have a chance to listen to it...
Ordered, and will be here on Friday. Gotta love Amazon Prime.
The Alpha's are seeming more and more like a possible endgame headphone to me. I would love to read other impressions, especially from those with flagship headphones.
Hifiman HE-560 is going to have velour topped pleather pads. Why can't that happen to the Alpha Pads.........Dan? I would hate to think that I won't be able to listen to the Alpha Dogs through the hot sweaty summer?
You won't regret that one. Great music, expertly recorded and just a magic night. If you want to hear wonderfully deep and textured bass...this is the recording.
Would insta-buy some velour alpha pads just for variety
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Advice on a smallish full size amp for my ADs. 23 seconds ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 43 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › should i get Audio-Technica ATH-M50XBL 3 minutes ago
- › Unique headset shopping help 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3