Slappa Hardbody Pro Case.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Procs and Cons of each headphone at around $1000 price range? Last post on 5/9/14 at 8:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD800+$500 amp?Or HD600 + $1500 amp? Last post on 7/3/14 at 2:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 419
Gear mentioned in this thread:
However I am keen to hear thoughts on 3rd party cables used on the ADs...especially balanced cables driven by portable balanced amps (Rx Mk3, Duet, Theorem 720, SR-71B, etc.). I'm particularly curious on any impact balanced cables have on the ADs and the different changes on sonics based on cable construction (i.e. OFC, OCC copper/silver, silver/gold mix, silver/copper mix).
I'm still curious. Has anyone been able to compare SE vs balanced on the AD's? Does it gain much by having it balanced?
My RX Mk1 does a decent job with my Alpha Dog, if you are on a budget.
Otherwise, the Centrance M8 is famous for its power and netrual sound signature.
I"m also using an ALO product--The International--with my AD's and I'm pleased with the match-up for portable. I'd recommend auditioning them together if possible.
I've owned the SE AD and compared against a friends balanced AD's. When they are volume matched I could not pick them apart TBH.
I had a rare hour to spend with my AD's last night, and put on a FLAC copy of "Lay it Down" by the Cowboy Junkies, standard Redbook spec. Halfway through the first song, I realized that none of my open cans, even the Hifiman's, ever sounded this good to me. I admit, the Uber and Soloist are huge variables in this. Regardless, the AD's had a a depth and a soundstage that trump any cans I've had over the years.
Naah. That's the album. I don't have Revisited, but I do have the original Trinity. Hopefully tonight I will have a chance to listen to it...
Ordered, and will be here on Friday. Gotta love Amazon Prime.
The Alpha's are seeming more and more like a possible endgame headphone to me. I would love to read other impressions, especially from those with flagship headphones.
Hifiman HE-560 is going to have velour topped pleather pads. Why can't that happen to the Alpha Pads.........Dan? I would hate to think that I won't be able to listen to the Alpha Dogs through the hot sweaty summer?
You won't regret that one. Great music, expertly recorded and just a magic night. If you want to hear wonderfully deep and textured bass...this is the recording.
Would insta-buy some velour alpha pads just for variety
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic T1 headphones, mint condition 27 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 43 seconds ago
- › FS: Philips SHP9500 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for choosing overear headphones with large soundstage for... 4 minutes ago
- › ***PRICE DROP*** Audio-Technica ATH-W3000ANV 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Duncan
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)