Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 411

post #6151 of 7687

Finally I received my Alpha Dog, so far so good, the best headphone that I have ever had, so I am going to take a long break for a long time, but will be still watching this thread and this site to fill my knowledge more for the future audiophile gig. For how long? I do not know may be 5 or 10 years. Next time my future headphone that I want to purchase would be the best planar or electrostatic headphone. Time to work industriously to become rich to fulfill my wish. Nice and thank you Dan who made and many people in this thread to help of making one of the best close back headphones ever but still great bang for bucks.


Edited by LoveKnight - 3/14/14 at 12:55am
post #6152 of 7687

Somehow I doubt you'll be away for that long. You'll be back way sooner. ;)

post #6153 of 7687

I just ordered  Fiio E12 DIY , I believe it is a decent portable amp for Mad dog, it should be fine for Alpha Dog too I assume,

 

I am going to use this Amp with fiio X5 when it comes end of this month

 

hope this will give me a pretty decent portable set up.

post #6154 of 7687

The "doggie treats" video is up.  If it's unclear in any way let me know...

 

http://youtu.be/osQuY3_mKSo

post #6155 of 7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

The "doggie treats" video is up.  If it's unclear in any way let me

Excellent video. It's crystal clear. cool.gif

Did I understand correctly that all new Alpha Dogs are now coming with 1-2 dots per side based on testing to tame the 2 treble peaks?

I have a Schiit Lyr tube head amp, so I assume that probably 1 dot per side will be all that is needed to make the Alpha Dogs slightly more neutral (I'll experiment, but wanted a baseline understanding).
post #6156 of 7687

I thought the alpha pads had some kind of twist to attach system.

post #6157 of 7687

Twist mount works on the Alpha and Pro, I do believe. 

post #6158 of 7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

The "doggie treats" video is up.  If it's unclear in any way let me know...

 

http://youtu.be/osQuY3_mKSo

 

Nice video. Makes the process very simple. 

post #6159 of 7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

I thought the alpha pads had some kind of twist to attach system.

 

We actually find it easier to use the "twist" system to simply start the pad and then stretch it on.  Twisting was much harder than simply pulling the pad on, which is really easy since the notch that allowed the twist makes it easy to start the pad mount.  

post #6160 of 7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother love View Post


Excellent video. It's crystal clear. cool.gif

Did I understand correctly that all new Alpha Dogs are now coming with 1-2 dots per side based on testing to tame the 2 treble peaks?

I have a Schiit Lyr tube head amp, so I assume that probably 1 dot per side will be all that is needed to make the Alpha Dogs slightly more neutral (I'll experiment, but wanted a baseline understanding).

 

We use 1 or 2 on most new Alphas.  We do this by ear as it's too sensitive for test measurements to show accurately.

post #6161 of 7687

FYI, 3.5mm Alpha cables are now available.

post #6162 of 7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

The "doggie treats" video is up.  If it's unclear in any way let me know...

 

http://youtu.be/osQuY3_mKSo


Did anyone at MrSpeakers try using one dot in some position other than the center ?

 

(BTW, your web site has two entries under Accessories, with the same part number, Doggie Treats Kit listed as pre-order, and Dog School Kit listed as 2-3 days...)

post #6163 of 7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post
 


Did anyone at MrSpeakers try using one dot in some position other than the center ?

 

(BTW, your web site has two entries under Accessories, with the same part number, Doggie Treats Kit listed as pre-order, and Dog School Kit listed as 2-3 days...)

 

Yes.  The center is most effective in our tests but people can certainly experiment.  Just remember that the adhesive does wear out from hand oil if you remove the pads too many times.

 

LOL, I literally just caught and fixed that error ^.  

post #6164 of 7687

Is anyone using the Burson Soloist with the Alpha Dogs? I am currently using an ifi iCAN which is actually really good with the ADs and seems completely adequate. However, I haven't used any real high end amps before and am itching to try one. It looks like a local one has turned up on the second hand market and I am tempted to try it. I know there is at least one user with a Soloist SL who says good things, has anyone used the Soloist for an extended period?

post #6165 of 7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by KmanChu View Post

Is anyone using the Burson Soloist with the Alpha Dogs? I am currently using an ifi iCAN which is actually really good with the ADs and seems completely adequate. However, I haven't used any real high end amps before and am itching to try one. It looks like a local one has turned up on the second hand market and I am tempted to try it. I know there is at least one user with a Soloist SL who says good things, has anyone used the Soloist for an extended period?
I'm at least one of the Soloist SL guys. Very nice pairing to my ears.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones