Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 407

post #6091 of 8112

Damn.

post #6092 of 8112
Maybe we should do a Kiclstarter of our own.
post #6093 of 8112

No bueno. 

post #6094 of 8112

FYI Alpha shipments will resume tomorrow.  Thanks for the patience! 

post #6095 of 8112
Now that the mad dog pro is out, now I'm trying to decide whether I want the ADs or the pros for a funner sound... I already have an he-6 for a reference sound, but I loved the alpha dogs sound at the same time. I guess I'll just have to wait for AD vs MD Pro impressions.
post #6096 of 8112
Looking forward to seeing the matte black Alpha Dog's.... Went and saw the McIntosh D100 today...very excited to hear the new headphones.
post #6097 of 8112
I'm a local Dan if you need any help....haha.
post #6098 of 8112

Hey guys,  got my Alpha Dog DIY connectors, and made an adapter from the AD connector to mini xlr's so that I could use the detachable cables that I have made in the last months.  I no a lot of you do not believe that cables make a difference but..............................The first cable I tried out was my Doubles Helix Cables Fusion, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.  The Alpha Dogs can now compete with HP's three times their price.  Peter at DHC gave me the idea from his Facebook page.  He showed a picture there of a cable that is spliced at the Y split, just like the Alpha Dog cable, something I definitely wouldn't do, but if you are fine with it, no problem.  Peter thinks that the cable upgrade brings the Alpha Dog very close in sound to the Audeze LCD3.  Now I don't have the LCD3, but Peter does, and I have been dealing with him for a few years, and I do everything he does, or suggests, and haven't been steered wrong yet.

 

The Alpha Dog with the DHC Fusion sounds so good, I will be selling my Beyer DT880, DT990 and T1, all 600 ohm.  I started listening from speaker taps on my Receivers and soon my tube amp.  That and my new Jolida Tube DAC with Brimar NOS CV4035's have really improved my setup ten fold.  See my profile for other gears that made all of this happen.

 

Really good stuff, Alpha Dogs soundstage is bigger than any of my Beyers, even with the Fusion attached to them.  Great bass, imaging/separation flawless, soundstage is taller and deeper, everything, detail, vocals is spot on.  It was just the stock cable holding me back.  Of course YMMV, if you don't believe cables make a difference.  Just giving my opinion........now on to audition the other detachable cables that I have on hand!

 

My Alpha Dogs sound like a very good open back design, good job Dan!


Edited by cute - 3/7/14 at 4:04pm
post #6099 of 8112

Just a tip for those of you Alpha Dog owners that would like to keep your Alpha Dog red cups looking top notch.  I Build golf clubs, and I have be using four or five coats of Liquid Glass automotive protectant on the driver, and fairway wood heads.  If any ball marks or scuffs are made, the liquid glass allows me to take a soft cloth and remove.  I have done several coats on the cups of my Alpha Dogs, makes for a hard protective finish.....of course I'm a little anal about my stuff!


Edited by cute - 3/7/14 at 5:05pm
post #6100 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

Just a tip for those of you Alpha Dog owners that would like to keep you Alpha Dog red cups looking top notch.  I Build golf clubs, and I have be using four or five coats of Liquid Glass automotive protectant on the driver, and fairway wood heads.  If any ball marks or scuffs are made, the liquid glass allows me to take a soft cloth and remove.  I have done several coats on the cups of my Alpha Dogs, makes for a hard protective finish.....of course I'm a little anal about my stuff!
More about this Liquid Glass - where can I get it? Who makes it? Sounds right up my alley for keeping them nice. Any issues with the wax that Dan puts on?
post #6101 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

Just a tip for those of you Alpha Dog owners that would like to keep you Alpha Dog red cups looking top notch.  I Build golf clubs, and I have be using four or five coats of Liquid Glass automotive protectant on the driver, and fairway wood heads.  If any ball marks or scuffs are made, the liquid glass allows me to take a soft cloth and remove.  I have done several coats on the cups of my Alpha Dogs, makes for a hard protective finish.....of course I'm a little anal about my stuff!
More about this Liquid Glass - where can I get it? Who makes it? Sounds right up my alley for keeping them nice. Any issues with the wax that Dan puts on?

 

You may need to Google it to find it in your area.  I have tried numerous Auto supply stores, etc, only luck I've had is from Fleet Farm here in Rochester.  Caution, it is a little spendy, but well worth it!

 

Just googled it, available on Amazon and Ebay!


Edited by cute - 3/7/14 at 5:11pm
post #6102 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

 

You may need to Google it to find it in your area.  I have tried numerous Auto supply stores, etc, only luck I've had is from Fleet Farm here in Rochester.  Caution, it is a little spendy, but well worth it!

 

Just googled it, available on Amazon and Ebay!


This Stuff? What is the best way to pre-clean?  We can take this to PM if you like.  Others may not care...

post #6103 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

 

You may need to Google it to find it in your area.  I have tried numerous Auto supply stores, etc, only luck I've had is from Fleet Farm here in Rochester.  Caution, it is a little spendy, but well worth it!

 

Just googled it, available on Amazon and Ebay!


This Stuff? What is the best way to pre-clean?  We can take this to PM if you like.  Others may not care...

 

I've always just used a soft cotton cloth (old T-shirt).  Apply a couple of drops, and use a circular motion, until it is shiny.  I don't use very much!  This stuff is nanotechnology, 50 times thinner than a strand of hair.  I used to use too much and let it dry.  If you apply a very thin coat, you can let it dry, and then buff with a clean cloth.  I use an old army spit shine technique that works for me.  Four or five thin coats protects very well.  One several coats are built up, a soft cloth will rub out most scuffs!

 

No it doesn't make the Alpha Dogs sound any better, but a Doublehelixcables Fusion sure does!

post #6104 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

Hey guys,  got my Alpha Dog DIY connectors, and made an adapter from the AD connector to mini xlr's so that I could use the detachable cables that I have made in the last months.  I no a lot of you do not believe that cables make a difference but..............................The first cable I tried out was my Doubles Helix Cables Fusion, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.  The Alpha Dogs can now compete with HP's three times their price.  Peter at DHC gave me the idea from his Facebook page.  He showed a picture there of a cable that is spliced at the Y split, just like the Alpha Dog cable, something I definitely wouldn't do, but if you are fine with it, no problem.  Peter thinks that the cable upgrade brings the Alpha Dog very close in sound to the Audeze LCD3.  Now I don't have the LCD3, but Peter does, and I have been dealing with him for a few years, and I do everything he does, or suggests, and haven't been steered wrong yet.

 

The Alpha Dog with the DHC Fusion sounds so good, I will be selling my Beyer DT880, DT990 and T1, all 600 ohm.  I started listening from speaker taps on my Receivers and soon my tube amp.  That and my new Jolida Tube DAC with Brimar NOS CV4035's have really improved my setup ten fold.  See my profile for other gears that made all of this happen.

 

Really good stuff, Alpha Dogs soundstage is bigger than any of my Beyers, even with the Fusion attached to them.  Great bass, imaging/separation flawless, soundstage is taller and deeper, everything, detail, vocals is spot on.  It was just the stock cable holding me back.  Of course YMMV, if you don't believe cables make a difference.  Just giving my opinion........now on to audition the other detachable cables that I have on hand!

 

My Alpha Dogs sound like a very good open back design, good job Dan!


Hey cute, What kind of music do you listen to ? Are these headphones good for psy trance and such ?

post #6105 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by richbass View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

Hey guys,  got my Alpha Dog DIY connectors, and made an adapter from the AD connector to mini xlr's so that I could use the detachable cables that I have made in the last months.  I no a lot of you do not believe that cables make a difference but..............................The first cable I tried out was my Doubles Helix Cables Fusion, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.  The Alpha Dogs can now compete with HP's three times their price.  Peter at DHC gave me the idea from his Facebook page.  He showed a picture there of a cable that is spliced at the Y split, just like the Alpha Dog cable, something I definitely wouldn't do, but if you are fine with it, no problem.  Peter thinks that the cable upgrade brings the Alpha Dog very close in sound to the Audeze LCD3.  Now I don't have the LCD3, but Peter does, and I have been dealing with him for a few years, and I do everything he does, or suggests, and haven't been steered wrong yet.

 

The Alpha Dog with the DHC Fusion sounds so good, I will be selling my Beyer DT880, DT990 and T1, all 600 ohm.  I started listening from speaker taps on my Receivers and soon my tube amp.  That and my new Jolida Tube DAC with Brimar NOS CV4035's have really improved my setup ten fold.  See my profile for other gears that made all of this happen.

 

Really good stuff, Alpha Dogs soundstage is bigger than any of my Beyers, even with the Fusion attached to them.  Great bass, imaging/separation flawless, soundstage is taller and deeper, everything, detail, vocals is spot on.  It was just the stock cable holding me back.  Of course YMMV, if you don't believe cables make a difference.  Just giving my opinion........now on to audition the other detachable cables that I have on hand!

 

My Alpha Dogs sound like a very good open back design, good job Dan!


Hey cute, What kind of music do you listen to ? Are these headphones good for psy trance and such ?

 

I have a variety of music, but none of the latest like edm, trance, dubstep!  Female/male vocals, celtic, jazz, new age, classical, rock, alternative.  Just got the new Beck album, sounds great, 24/96, Nora Jones and Bill Jo, Foreverly, 24/96.  Lots of Mark Knoppfler, anything that is well mastered really!  The Alpha Dogs have been great with everything, but they really rose to the top with the Fusion cable.  But, I have gears that most can't compare with, see my profile!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones