Count me in for sure!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 2/11/15 at 9:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 394
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The overall package:
The felt discs are installed in the earpad:
The adhesive side of the "dot":
* you can see some of the 3D-printed parts in white; pretty neat I think
The "dot" installed on the Alpha Dog:
Edited by miceblue - 2/20/14 at 11:59pm
A little fine-tuning has been done on the Alphas.
A few owners found the treble to be a little peaky. While most owners and reviewers seemed very happy, I always listen to positive and negative feedback to try to do better. I started working on an ear-side adjustment to tame the treble, but I thought it might be both fun and productive to bring someone from the community to work on this as well.
With his deep roots in the T50 tuning, BlueMonkeyFlyer seemed a good fellow to contact, and he kindly agreed to take a look. Fortunately, he had done tests earlier on something directly related to our needs and had an insight to create a tuning square, which we'll call the BMD (BlueMonkeyDot). The BMD started shipping on Alphas shipped starting Feb 10. A big thanks to BMF for his support on this!
Many people like their Alpha Dogs as is, so it's important to remember that due to ear shape, hearing, music choice and equipment not everyone will feel the treble needs adjustment at all. But if you do own a set and want to smooth or step down the treble, we will have an "Alpha Dog Obedience Kit" up on our website for $14.99 plus shipping (this just covers our cost).
The kit will include 4 dots, allowing 1 or 2 to be applied to each side of the headphone. It will also include two felt tuning discs to insert under the Alpha Pads for those who prefer a slightly darker sound. The Obedience Kit will be available on our website at the end of next week. Sonically, you should expect:
1) Smoother treble
2) Somewhat larger soundstage
3) A bit more bass punch
4) Improved "black space"
It's a no-tools, 3 minute upgrade, and it's fully reversible if you don't prefer the sound. We'll post a YoutTube video to show how easy the tuning is early next week.
A big thanks to BMF!
P.S. MiceBlue got a preview set of the adjustments, and perhaps can share his experience.
how do i order this from the website? am going to purchase the alpha dog today..
I'll give them a go at the weekend and post
Nice mod, and why not just call the series "Dog Treats" to include any mods or accessories related to both the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog?
All phones now have one or two. We tune to a specific sound, some phones like a little more dot than others.
The kit will be available to order in a week, so it's less likely to be needed on a new phone. I would order the phone and then the kit if you feel any adjustment is desirable. Wouldn't want you to waste your $.
I'm not touching mine. I like them just the way they are. I'm not sure how you could shelve the treble and increase the sound stage at the same time.
However, I really trust BMF - he's been at this a long time.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 5 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 19 seconds ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 56 seconds ago
- › Album art game 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2