Count me in for sure!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on Yesterday at 6:30 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 4/29/15 at 12:52pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 394
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The overall package:
The felt discs are installed in the earpad:
The adhesive side of the "dot":
* you can see some of the 3D-printed parts in white; pretty neat I think
The "dot" installed on the Alpha Dog:
Edited by miceblue - 2/20/14 at 11:59pm
A little fine-tuning has been done on the Alphas.
A few owners found the treble to be a little peaky. While most owners and reviewers seemed very happy, I always listen to positive and negative feedback to try to do better. I started working on an ear-side adjustment to tame the treble, but I thought it might be both fun and productive to bring someone from the community to work on this as well.
With his deep roots in the T50 tuning, BlueMonkeyFlyer seemed a good fellow to contact, and he kindly agreed to take a look. Fortunately, he had done tests earlier on something directly related to our needs and had an insight to create a tuning square, which we'll call the BMD (BlueMonkeyDot). The BMD started shipping on Alphas shipped starting Feb 10. A big thanks to BMF for his support on this!
Many people like their Alpha Dogs as is, so it's important to remember that due to ear shape, hearing, music choice and equipment not everyone will feel the treble needs adjustment at all. But if you do own a set and want to smooth or step down the treble, we will have an "Alpha Dog Obedience Kit" up on our website for $14.99 plus shipping (this just covers our cost).
The kit will include 4 dots, allowing 1 or 2 to be applied to each side of the headphone. It will also include two felt tuning discs to insert under the Alpha Pads for those who prefer a slightly darker sound. The Obedience Kit will be available on our website at the end of next week. Sonically, you should expect:
1) Smoother treble
2) Somewhat larger soundstage
3) A bit more bass punch
4) Improved "black space"
It's a no-tools, 3 minute upgrade, and it's fully reversible if you don't prefer the sound. We'll post a YoutTube video to show how easy the tuning is early next week.
A big thanks to BMF!
P.S. MiceBlue got a preview set of the adjustments, and perhaps can share his experience.
how do i order this from the website? am going to purchase the alpha dog today..
I'll give them a go at the weekend and post
Nice mod, and why not just call the series "Dog Treats" to include any mods or accessories related to both the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog?
All phones now have one or two. We tune to a specific sound, some phones like a little more dot than others.
The kit will be available to order in a week, so it's less likely to be needed on a new phone. I would order the phone and then the kit if you feel any adjustment is desirable. Wouldn't want you to waste your $.
I'm not touching mine. I like them just the way they are. I'm not sure how you could shelve the treble and increase the sound stage at the same time.
However, I really trust BMF - he's been at this a long time.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Good headphones for music, movies, and gaming. 23 seconds ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 53 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 55 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mani phono preamp 4 minutes ago
- › Hoping to buy a Sennheiser momentum In-ear for $150 (with... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2