or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 388

post #5806 of 9033
I actually like the copper risers more than the black ones. I guess I like contrast though; the black risers look kind of plain to me. Well, I guess that just gave away why I chose not matte-black for the colour options. XD
post #5807 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I actually like the copper risers more than the black ones. I guess I like contrast though; the black risers look kind of plain to me. Well, I guess that just gave away why I chose not matte-black for the colour options. XD

I originally thought the same thing, but after receiving them I really doubt I would take the copper ones now. The black ones just kind of fit, where now I think the copper ones would look kind of awkward. 

 

I completely agree with matte black color as a whole though. I personally like flashy colors for items like this, or slightly more interesting colors per se. 

post #5808 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

It is worth getting a free SPL app and playing a 1k test tone, putting your phone about where the ear would be. If the spl is 90 or above you are at levels that will damage your hearing over time. It is very worth checking OSHA safe spl guidelines to gauge how long you can safely listen at your target levels.

The general rule in a mfg plant is 8 hours exposure at 85 db. Wish I knew how it calculated out for say a two hour listening session.
post #5809 of 9033
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I actually like the copper risers more than the black ones. I guess I like contrast though; the black risers look kind of plain to me. Well, I guess that just gave away why I chose not matte-black for the colour options. XD
+1
post #5810 of 9033

ADs safely in my hands.Love the, more details to follow..

post #5811 of 9033

These past few weeks I've been listening to other headphones (Dido 901s, Momentums, DNA Pros, Yamaha MT220s) and now I'm back to the Alpha Dogs and, well... my review opinions still stand, this is definitely one of the sweetest sounding headphones I have. Sometimes I start thinking of selling all my headphones and sticking with just a tiny few... still have others on the way, but they will probably be sold as well :p

 

Anyway, I'm not here to just share my love for the ADs, but a quick question, has anyone experienced a "stripped" connector from one of their earcups? I think that I was dumb enough to pull the cable incorrectly or something and the connector became loose. I just jammed it up and kept on using them lol, just wondering...

post #5812 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

These past few weeks I've been listening to other headphones...

 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!

 

(sorry, just couldn't resist.)

post #5813 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

These past few weeks I've been listening to other headphones (Dido 901s, Momentums, DNA Pros, Yamaha MT220s) and now I'm back to the Alpha Dogs and, well... my review opinions still stand, this is definitely one of the sweetest sounding headphones I have. Sometimes I start thinking of selling all my headphones and sticking with just a tiny few... still have others on the way, but they will probably be sold as well tongue.gif

Anyway, I'm not here to just share my love for the ADs, but a quick question, has anyone experienced a "stripped" connector from one of their earcups? I think that I was dumb enough to pull the cable incorrectly or something and the connector became loose. I just jammed it up and kept on using them lol, just wondering...

It'd be really hard to do this but I won't say impossible... More likely is that the plug unscrewed a little bit and you tightened it thinking you were tightening the jack. If the connection feels sound it was probably a slighlty loose plug that you have now tightened,
post #5814 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Doh! Will clean the old photos out...

 

I actually like the copper sliders with the dark red cups and black everything-else.


The Fostex T40 has the sliders in aluminum color, which I suspect is the natural color of the material:

 

http://20cheaddatebase.web.fc2.com/fostex/T-40RP.jpg

post #5815 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post
 

 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!

 

(sorry, just couldn't resist.)

 

Ohh the infidelity...what has come of this world!!!  :eek: 

 

Should he be forgiven - how do we know he won't do it again?

post #5816 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post
 

 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!

 

(sorry, just couldn't resist.)

 

LOL. ;-)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post


It'd be really hard to do this but I won't say impossible... More likely is that the plug unscrewed a little bit and you tightened it thinking you were tightening the jack. If the connection feels sound it was probably a slighlty loose plug that you have now tightened,

 

Oh, it's definitely not "tightened". I think it got stripped inside the earcup as turning it doesn't really do anything. I'll post a pic once I get home.

post #5817 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

 

Ohh the infidelity...what has come of this world!!!  :eek: 

 

Should he be forgiven - how do we know he won't do it again?

 

Well, that's definitely something I cannot promise... my LAD5000, Sig DJs need some love too! Can't wait for my Martin-modded Beyer T5p's as well!! LOL

post #5818 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

It is worth getting a free SPL app and playing a 1k test tone, putting your phone about where the ear would be. If the spl is 90 or above you are at levels that will damage your hearing over time. It is very worth checking OSHA safe spl guidelines to gauge how long you can safely listen at your target levels.

The general rule in a mfg plant is 8 hours exposure at 85 db. Wish I knew how it calculated out for say a two hour listening session.

Per OSHA, maximum permissible exposure limit for 2 hrs. is 100 dBA : https://www.osha.gov/dts/osta/otm/noise/standards_more.html

I use SPL meters (Rat Shack for loudspeakers & iPad app for headphones) to set volume listening range around 80- 85 dB max peaks.
post #5819 of 9033
That's about exactly where I set my peaks as well.... Thanks for the details!
post #5820 of 9033

My new Alpha Dogs, HiFi M8 and Metallica, my perfect night in...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones