Black makes sense anyway, it's always a good neutral color. If the 3rd color isn't blue, I will definitely go for black.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get? HD800 or T1? Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amplifier upgrade considerations? Last post on 9/27/13 at 10:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 365
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5462 of 66182/1/14 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrspeakers
Black is a strong front runner, so the likely question is only what is the other color if we do a third. If we do black, I am inclined to use a matte finish, as not only does glossy black show prints, it shows every spec of dust and it shows every scratch.
We now use Maquire's synthetic wax on our cups, which really minimizes prints and makes wiping clean faster and easier. We've been doing that for about three or four weeks.
I think matte black would be fantastic!!post #5463 of 66182/1/14 at 5:23pmQuote:
I considered allowing first and second choices, but that could actually yield a "false positive" for a color because most people will purchase their first choice. Sure, we have a few customers who have multiple Alphas now, but that's not the norm...post #5464 of 66182/1/14 at 6:46pmpost #5465 of 66182/1/14 at 6:59pm
It's automotive style paint right? How about black with red flames, like a custom motorcycle paint job? Maybe that could be for next headphone, something like the Crazy Dogs...
Edited by KmanChu - 2/1/14 at 7:00pmpost #5466 of 66182/1/14 at 7:01pmpost #5467 of 66182/1/14 at 10:47pmpost #5468 of 66182/1/14 at 10:59pmpost #5469 of 66182/2/14 at 2:29ampost #5470 of 66182/2/14 at 4:34amQuote:
If black, a matte finish is indeed best.post #5471 of 66182/2/14 at 5:49ampost #5472 of 66182/2/14 at 6:51ampost #5473 of 66182/2/14 at 7:01ampost #5474 of 66182/2/14 at 8:03am
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 14 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 23 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 33 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live, Philips Fidelio L1 or something else for... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2.2 Six weeks old ! **pristine condition** 1 minute ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob