Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 364

post #5446 of 8118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 

Wait, didn't Dan say that the voting didn't start until the 3rd? Are any of the votes that people have cast already counting?

  Quote:

Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

There's a ballot to vote for colors here.  Color voting will be open until 12PM Monday, Feb 3, at which point we will pick the winner(s).

 


I went against my better judgment and put in my vote for yellow instead of orange. When it's done right yellow can be spectacular. If there was a second choice I'd definitely say orange or white.

 

Actually a cool sort of white would be something akin to this, but that'd likely be beyond the scope of any simple paint job, not to mention I already know I will never see nice ideas like this come to reality :(

 

Weren't people arguing about colors during the beginning of this thread though? Don't want to open that can of worms but interesting that it's come full circle I guess.

post #5447 of 8118
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

  Quote:


I went against my better judgment and put in my vote for yellow instead of orange. When it's done right yellow can be spectacular. If there was a second choice I'd definitely say orange or white.

 

Actually a cool sort of white would be something akin to this, but that'd likely be beyond the scope of any simple paint job, not to mention I already know I will never see nice ideas like this come to reality :(

 

Weren't people arguing about colors during the beginning of this thread though? Don't want to open that can of worms but interesting that it's come full circle I guess.


That better be Ferrari yellow;)

 

Just as an aside. Have the Alpha Dogs made the Canadian leg of the tour yet?

post #5448 of 8118

I voted blue. I would happily pay a premium to have them in a dark, royal blue (think NY Giants helmets). Black would be a nice backup, both would definitely be preferred over the standard red. I'm definitely getting a pair of Alphas at some point and I can wait, so I'm happy to see the color thing taking off.

 

I think British Racing Green is handicapped because people don't really know what it looks like offhand. It's okay, a bit dark for my liking. I need a bright neon green 80's style Alpha Dog in my life, lol!

post #5449 of 8118

I voted black, thought about blue.  There is a beautiful metal flake bronze out there that VW or Mercedes or someone is using also.  If you haven't seen the deep burgundy that is currently shipping in person - photos don't even come close to doing it justice - it is really awesomely good looking, and I was a doubter.

post #5450 of 8118

I changed my mind. I want coffee milk cream color. Can I have that color:mad:? Can I :veryevil:


Edited by LoveKnight - 1/31/14 at 11:25pm
post #5451 of 8118

Mine arrived!  After a bit of a panic with the cable (never had nice headphones before, I'm upgrading from my Grado sr80i's, my nicest so far) and a bit of scraping on the socket I managed to get things sorted out.

 

I'd love to write a proper review but instead I'm too busy rocking out and being amazed. These are -amazing-.  No words can do justice to how happy I am right now.

post #5452 of 8118

 

For the color thing, I will stick with the original red. If I had to choose a color, it would be blue just like everyone else then black.

 
Good thing to hear. Makes me more excited to get my pair :3

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by apenney View Post
 

Mine arrived!  After a bit of a panic with the cable (never had nice headphones before, I'm upgrading from my Grado sr80i's, my nicest so far) and a bit of scraping on the socket I managed to get things sorted out.

 

I'd love to write a proper review but instead I'm too busy rocking out and being amazed. These are -amazing-.  No words can do justice to how happy I am right now.

post #5453 of 8118

As someone who works in a professional office, I think black would make it a little more discreet. 

post #5454 of 8118
Agree !
post #5455 of 8118
Non-glossy black, just because I tire of fingerprint magnets.
post #5456 of 8118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Non-glossy black, just because I tire of fingerprint magnets.


As somebody who owns an HP laptop, this cannot be said enough.

post #5457 of 8118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 


As somebody who owns an HP laptop, this cannot be said enough.


And as an old Toshiba Satellite Laptop owner, +1000

post #5458 of 8118

How do these compare against the ATH-W1000X?

post #5459 of 8118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 


As somebody who owns an HP laptop, this cannot be said enough.

 

Black is a strong front runner, so the likely question is only what is the other color if we do a third.  If we do black, I am inclined to use a matte finish, as not only does glossy black show prints, it shows every spec of dust and it shows every scratch.  

 

We now use Maquire's synthetic wax on our cups, which really minimizes prints and makes wiping clean faster and easier.  We've been doing that for about three or four weeks.  

post #5460 of 8118
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

 

Black is a strong front runner, so the likely question is only what is the other color if we do a third.  If we do black, I am inclined to use a matte finish, as not only does glossy black show prints, it shows every spec of dust and it shows every scratch.  

 

We now use Maquire's synthetic wax on our cups, which really minimizes prints and makes wiping clean faster and easier.  We've been doing that for about three or four weeks.  


Should've included a way to vote for two colors then, for your second favorite. I'd actually take a "burnt" orange color over black.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones