Awesome! Thanks for the update :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/7/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get? HD800 or T1? Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amplifier upgrade considerations? Last post on 9/27/13 at 10:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 338
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5057 of 61211/11/14 at 11:22pmpost #5058 of 61211/12/14 at 3:41ampost #5059 of 61211/13/14 at 10:46am
Sorry to revive something on this thread that has probably already been discussed extensively, but what amps have been found to work particularly well with the ADs? I think I should be receiving mine within the next few weeks. Right now I'm using an ifi iCAN which has worked well with my 300ohm Sennheiser 580s, but I understand planars are different kind of hard to drive. The ifi reportedly works well with the Audeze LCD-2s which are similar efficiency and a little higher impedance than the ADs. Has anyone tried the ADs with an iCAN? Can anyone comment on how the ADs compare to the LCD-2's as a load on an amp?post #5060 of 61211/13/14 at 11:34amQuote:Originally Posted by KmanChu
Sorry to revive something on this thread that has probably already been discussed extensively, but what amps have been found to work particularly well with the ADs? I think I should be receiving mine within the next few weeks. Right now I'm using an ifi iCAN which has worked well with my 300ohm Sennheiser 580s, but I understand planars are different kind of hard to drive. The ifi reportedly works well with the Audeze LCD-2s which are similar efficiency and a little higher impedance than the ADs. Has anyone tried the ADs with an iCAN? Can anyone comment on how the ADs compare to the LCD-2's as a load on an amp?
DigitalFreak had the AD's and the iCAN. I think he said it pairs just fine.post #5061 of 61211/13/14 at 12:28pmpost #5062 of 61211/13/14 at 1:22pmpost #5063 of 61211/13/14 at 2:13pm
so the end of november orders are just now getting fulfilled...hmm, i might get mine the middle of march, then. it's quite alright, i guess...i probably won't get the geek pulse DAC/amp until the fall.post #5064 of 61211/13/14 at 2:36pmpost #5065 of 61211/13/14 at 3:23pmHey, just wanted to share my mod for AD
Yep, I shortened the leather part of headband around 1-1.5cm on each side. I did that for both comfort and SQ reasons. In original setting upper part of earcup is pressing against my head more than the lower part. This is because length adjustment does not preserve width. This also means that seal on the bottom was worse than seal on the top. With this simple mod forces seem almost equal, so seal is better and comfort is better. The only drawback is that headband is sticking out above the head, but who cares
Also I have a good news (I think). While I was doing this mod one cup has fallen to wooden floor, and there is no signs of it ever happening. The paint seems to be bulletproof, but remember YMMV.
Also, if you haven't noticed on the photo above, now they fit on the stand with cable.
Edited by koolas - 1/13/14 at 3:25pmpost #5066 of 61211/13/14 at 3:35pmpost #5067 of 61211/13/14 at 3:35pm
OK you got me ! I ordered an AD to complement my TH-900 when I need isolation. The TH-900 leak too much when I am in a quit & busy environment. I hope the AD will pair with my TU-05 tube amp as well as the TH-900 does. :-)post #5068 of 61211/13/14 at 6:32pmQuote:"Hello. My name is bmichels and I just bought a pair of Alpha Dogs."
"Hi bmichels. Welcome..."post #5069 of 61211/13/14 at 7:52pm
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5? 12 seconds ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord QuteHD DAC - 'Pulse-Array' Teconology Discusion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shootout: 111 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Creative Aurvana Live!... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude