- 14,043 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Fostex T50rp really worth 200$ ??? (ready for controversy? :-) Last post on 6/10/14 at 10:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphone driver element you can buy for DIY? Last post on 6/6/14 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Arrived @ Lower Budget End Game By Surprise Last post on 5/25/14 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T50RP with Asustek Xonar Essence STX Last post on 5/23/14 at 9:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will my modded T50RPs benefit from DAC + AMP? Last post on 5/11/14 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 324
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sometimes we (I'm guilty as charged) get way to caught up in high resolution or reference quality material, or noting the flaws in poorer recorded releases.
It's good to keep it fun & just plain appreciate the music. Do yourself a favor, find a good or fave guitarist on the Crossroads feed today and ENJOY ... esp. with the Alpha Dogs if you are fortunate to have them.
A convertible Ferrari and a burgundy Civic?
Nah.......A cheap banana stand should do the job fine
While the AD stand is good for the MD
Notice anything different on my AD's headband?
Hmm... interesting, I like this.
I was wondering about loudspeakers. I very much got used to detailed sound of Alpha Dogs, and my loudspeakers are less detailed.
I've got QA 2050i powered from NAD T744 toslink-ed to LG BP630. Loudspeakers are connected two 7m cables, and each cable has two stranded copper wires around 1mm thick.
I've been to an audiophile shop and guy told me that better cable would change a lot if it comes to detail. I started wondering if that can be true. In theory it makes sense, but I think it's probably a bulls***t, and it's these QA 2050i not delivering enough detail. What do you think? Are there any loudspeakers you can think of that sound like Alpha Dogs?
Some people will disagree, but generally the cable makes little difference. You would be far better off buying better speakers than mucking around with cables. Like with most things, changing the biggest thing that shapes the audio will have the biggest effect. You're better off with $1000 speakers and $10 cable than $500 speakers and $500 cable!
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 26 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 6 minutes ago
- › best budget portable vacuum tube amp with high voltage output 7 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 7 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 8 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)