- 14,176 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for gym use Last post on Yesterday at 3:49 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack Last post on 9/19/14 at 12:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted some ideas. Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:46am in Video Games Discussion
- m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp Last post on 9/2/14 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 324
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sometimes we (I'm guilty as charged) get way to caught up in high resolution or reference quality material, or noting the flaws in poorer recorded releases.
It's good to keep it fun & just plain appreciate the music. Do yourself a favor, find a good or fave guitarist on the Crossroads feed today and ENJOY ... esp. with the Alpha Dogs if you are fortunate to have them.
A convertible Ferrari and a burgundy Civic?
Nah.......A cheap banana stand should do the job fine
While the AD stand is good for the MD
Notice anything different on my AD's headband?
Hmm... interesting, I like this.
I was wondering about loudspeakers. I very much got used to detailed sound of Alpha Dogs, and my loudspeakers are less detailed.
I've got QA 2050i powered from NAD T744 toslink-ed to LG BP630. Loudspeakers are connected two 7m cables, and each cable has two stranded copper wires around 1mm thick.
I've been to an audiophile shop and guy told me that better cable would change a lot if it comes to detail. I started wondering if that can be true. In theory it makes sense, but I think it's probably a bulls***t, and it's these QA 2050i not delivering enough detail. What do you think? Are there any loudspeakers you can think of that sound like Alpha Dogs?
Some people will disagree, but generally the cable makes little difference. You would be far better off buying better speakers than mucking around with cables. Like with most things, changing the biggest thing that shapes the audio will have the biggest effect. You're better off with $1000 speakers and $10 cable than $500 speakers and $500 cable!
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 6 minutes ago
- › Looking For Budget IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)