or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 321

post #4801 of 8822

I would be interested in an after market cable for the AD but more to add flexibility and reduce a touch of weight. 

post #4802 of 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I would be interested in an after market cable for the AD but more to add flexibility and reduce a touch of weight. 
While the FAW Noir is more flexible, the weight is about the same as stock I think. The Q cable could be what you are looking for smily_headphones1.gif
post #4803 of 8822

^^ Got it already, just need some adapters from Steve. :biggrin:

 

post #4804 of 8822
No lie, the AD's cables are HEAVY.
post #4805 of 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

No lie, the AD's cables are HEAVY.

 

Compared to what? Don't feel that they are heavy at all.

post #4806 of 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

No lie, the AD's cables are HEAVY.

 

Yeah, just a bit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

^^ Got it already, just need some adapters from Steve. :biggrin:

 

 

I like how those look!

Any with the correct terminations? Links?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
 

 

Compared to what? Don't feel that they are heavy at all.

 

Compared to most others?! lol ;-)

(i.e. remember that the Mad Dogs came with the V-moda cable...)

post #4807 of 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

 

Yeah, just a bit.

 

 

I like how those look!

Any with the correct terminations? Links?

 

 

Compared to most others?! lol ;-)

(i.e. remember that the Mad Dogs came with the V-moda cable...)

 

Most of my aftermarket cables are heavier, but yes compared to designated portable cables I can see how they can be HEAVY...

post #4808 of 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

No lie, the AD's cables are HEAVY.

 

I had imagined they are. Compare to the V-Moda cable included with the Mad Dogs. Single ended, very thin and light, hardly adds any weight at all. The new cables on the Alpha Dogs look to be much more substantial. Higher build quality, dual entry, balanced connectors going into the cups. Thankfully I have no issue with heavy headphones.

post #4809 of 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

 

Yeah, just a bit.

 

 

I like how those look!

Any with the correct terminations? Links?

 

 

Compared to most others?! lol ;-)

(i.e. remember that the Mad Dogs came with the V-moda cable...)

 

Steve Eddy from Q Audio makes fantastic cables. I have the one cable that you see there and Steve makes adapters to go from mini xlr to Senn to others. I know that he ordered the connections for the AD and has already made some adapters. Highly recommended. 

 

http://www.q-audio.com/

post #4810 of 8822

Probably getting ahead of myself because I haven't received my email about upgrading to the Alpha Dogs yet, but if I send my Mad Dogs to be upgraded will I be charged import taxes on the $600 cost of the Alpha Dogs or just the $300 upgrade cost?

post #4811 of 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

Steve Eddy from Q Audio makes fantastic cables. I have the one cable that you see there and Steve makes adapters to go from mini xlr to Senn to others. I know that he ordered the connections for the AD and has already made some adapters. Highly recommended. 

 

http://www.q-audio.com/

 

Thanks Matt!

post #4812 of 8822

The option to determine the length needed and the flexibility of the Q cable has served me well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

I would be interested in an after market cable for the AD but more to add flexibility and reduce a touch of weight. 


Edited by WNBC - 12/29/13 at 1:24pm
post #4813 of 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmkdr View Post
 

Probably getting ahead of myself because I haven't received my email about upgrading to the Alpha Dogs yet, but if I send my Mad Dogs to be upgraded will I be charged import taxes on the $600 cost of the Alpha Dogs or just the $300 upgrade cost?

 

We will be declaring the value of the upgrade services at $300 (or $200 for balanced owners).  Upgrade notices will start to go out at the end of next week.


Cheers!

post #4814 of 8822

I did not make it to order an Alpha Dog in this year but in the next one or two weeks, too bad I will miss the extended warranty and many benefits by ordering before the end of 2013. Anyway, it's ok, at least I kept my promise that I will purchase an Alpha Dog. I am a man who keeps my words (70-80% I think :D).

post #4815 of 8822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

 

We will be declaring the value of the upgrade services at $300 (or $200 for balanced owners).  Upgrade notices will start to go out at the end of next week.


Cheers!

 

Yes! I have no idea which place I am in, but I am so eager to try them out and compare them to my Mad Dogs.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones