Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on Today at 1:59 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for gym use Last post on Yesterday at 9:36 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack Last post on Today at 12:07 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted some ideas. Last post on Today at 8:46 am in Video Games Discussion
- m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp Last post on 9/2/14 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 321
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My brief impression is the FAW Noir cable provides a weightier sound with added clarity over the stock cable. While the improvement is not as drastic as what my Norse audio Reign 4 did to LCD-2 and Toxic virus to my ES5, the FAW Noir does make music more enjoyable to my ears.
I'd LOVE to try another cable on the Alpha Dogs!
The FAW Noir cable sounds like it's right up my alley!!
Thanks for the info - much appreciated
Yeah, just a bit.
I like how those look!
Any with the correct terminations? Links?
Compared to most others?! lol ;-)
(i.e. remember that the Mad Dogs came with the V-moda cable...)
Most of my aftermarket cables are heavier, but yes compared to designated portable cables I can see how they can be HEAVY...
I had imagined they are. Compare to the V-Moda cable included with the Mad Dogs. Single ended, very thin and light, hardly adds any weight at all. The new cables on the Alpha Dogs look to be much more substantial. Higher build quality, dual entry, balanced connectors going into the cups. Thankfully I have no issue with heavy headphones.
Steve Eddy from Q Audio makes fantastic cables. I have the one cable that you see there and Steve makes adapters to go from mini xlr to Senn to others. I know that he ordered the connections for the AD and has already made some adapters. Highly recommended.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a short in an amp... 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Headphone Amp, very good condition 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)