Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Alpha Dogs vs Open Cans? Last post on 12/7/14 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- CIEM vs Full Sized Last post on 12/11/14 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best recommendation for budget closed full size over the ear headphones under $25 Last post on 11/5/14 at 9:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs Vs. Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Last post on 11/24/14 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 2:06 am in Headphones (full-size)
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 321
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My brief impression is the FAW Noir cable provides a weightier sound with added clarity over the stock cable. While the improvement is not as drastic as what my Norse audio Reign 4 did to LCD-2 and Toxic virus to my ES5, the FAW Noir does make music more enjoyable to my ears.
I'd LOVE to try another cable on the Alpha Dogs!
The FAW Noir cable sounds like it's right up my alley!!
Thanks for the info - much appreciated
Yeah, just a bit.
I like how those look!
Any with the correct terminations? Links?
Compared to most others?! lol ;-)
(i.e. remember that the Mad Dogs came with the V-moda cable...)
Most of my aftermarket cables are heavier, but yes compared to designated portable cables I can see how they can be HEAVY...
I had imagined they are. Compare to the V-Moda cable included with the Mad Dogs. Single ended, very thin and light, hardly adds any weight at all. The new cables on the Alpha Dogs look to be much more substantial. Higher build quality, dual entry, balanced connectors going into the cups. Thankfully I have no issue with heavy headphones.
Steve Eddy from Q Audio makes fantastic cables. I have the one cable that you see there and Steve makes adapters to go from mini xlr to Senn to others. I know that he ordered the connections for the AD and has already made some adapters. Highly recommended.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Buyer's remorse ... Did I just waste my money? Note4/SE-535's/FiiO... 1 minute ago
- › Best cones / spikes for tube amp? 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Please help a noob, ..Cords for schiit 3 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 4 minutes ago
- › Can there be fakes of Yuin? 4 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)