- 2,735 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Procs and Cons of each headphone at around $1000 price range? Last post on 5/9/14 at 8:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD800+$500 amp?Or HD600 + $1500 amp? Last post on 7/3/14 at 2:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 316post #4726 of 769712/25/13 at 4:05pmTake this to PMs, this is extremely off topic.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4727 of 769712/25/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
metal?post #4728 of 769712/25/13 at 5:49pm
Oh yes, the AD's are wonderful with metal. I threw everything from Black Sabbath, to Kyuss, to Opeth, and Tool at them and they did very very well.
ooops: edit. Depends on your taste of course. I love the detail of the AD's- picks on strings, the background sound of an amp turning on. Thing is, the AD's are proving to be a very detail-retrieving headphone, and for some people, it might take them out of the music.
Edited by swspiers - 12/25/13 at 5:54pmpost #4729 of 769712/25/13 at 8:29pmpost #4730 of 769712/25/13 at 8:49pm
I tried the detail monster HD800 the other day. The HD800 does have an edge on the Alpha Dog in regards to micro details but the full bodied response or palpability of the Dog makes it more engaging to me. With that said, if one was a big fan of the open HD800 I think he or she will be happy with the closed Alpha Dog for those times when the outside cannot be bothered by one's music.
Quote:post #4731 of 769712/25/13 at 10:25pmQuote:
Transients were lightning fast, guitars were powerful with plenty of air to breath,
and the drums, the drums had authority and killer detail...post #4732 of 769712/25/13 at 11:39pmpost #4733 of 769712/26/13 at 2:51ampost #4734 of 769712/26/13 at 5:16ampost #4735 of 769712/26/13 at 8:37amMike has an LCD3 I'm pretty sure. I have a loaner pair of LCD3's. I am really hoping my Alphas arrive this week. I'd love to compare before the LCD3's have to go back home.post #4736 of 769712/26/13 at 9:04amQuote:
when did you order?post #4737 of 769712/26/13 at 11:48ampost #4738 of 769712/26/13 at 12:46pmpost #4739 of 769712/26/13 at 1:05pmQuote:
@Mad Lust Envy Those are my LCD-3's
I have the LCD-1's (only one left!) 3 (lent my 2 to a family member) X, and XC!
Rockin the Alpha's w/ my ALO Island again and the sonic pairing is Excellent!!
and @wolfetan44 - the new Burial EP sounds AMAZING!!
Edited by mikemercer - 12/26/13 at 1:08pm
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › how many of you guys cook??? 29 seconds ago
- › So what are the best <$100 headphones for female vocals these days? 50 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tastefully modded T50RP, Hifiman cable compatible 3 minutes ago
- › Lear BD4.2 impressions and appreciation thread + Australian tour 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 9 minutes ago
- › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions... 10 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)