- 15,261 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 2/11/15 at 9:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 316
Gear mentioned in this thread:
when did you order?
@Mad Lust Envy Those are my LCD-3's
I have the LCD-1's (only one left!) 3 (lent my 2 to a family member) X, and XC!
Rockin the Alpha's w/ my ALO Island again and the sonic pairing is Excellent!!
and @wolfetan44 - the new Burial EP sounds AMAZING!!
Edited by mikemercer - 12/26/13 at 1:08pm
Oh yes, the AD's are wonderful with metal. I threw everything from Black Sabbath, to Kyuss, to Opeth, and Tool at them and they did very very well.
ooops: edit. Depends on your taste of course. I love the detail of the AD's- picks on strings, the background sound of an amp turning on. Thing is, the AD's are proving to be a very detail-retrieving headphone, and for some people, it might take them out of the music.
how do they do with poor mastered\recorded music?
alot of my music is kinda like that(black metal)
In my opinion, based on my preferences and biases, the AD's make poorly mastered material sound really poorly mastered. I pretty much reserve the AD's for the best of my collection. For everything else, I have my Grado's.
However, I do think I need to listen to some Bathory, or some old Celtic Frost with the AD's. You know, to round out this opinion...
That rig looks READY!!
I could give that a shot if you'd like...
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 second ago
- › HELP: Speakers don't work when chained off of Subwoofer 44 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › GM releasing software that tattles on teen...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)