- 2,777 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Alpha Dogs vs Open Cans? Last post on 12/7/14 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- CIEM vs Full Sized Last post on 12/11/14 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best recommendation for budget closed full size over the ear headphones under $25 Last post on 11/5/14 at 9:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs Vs. Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Last post on 11/24/14 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:09 am in Headphones (full-size)
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 316
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh yes, the AD's are wonderful with metal. I threw everything from Black Sabbath, to Kyuss, to Opeth, and Tool at them and they did very very well.
ooops: edit. Depends on your taste of course. I love the detail of the AD's- picks on strings, the background sound of an amp turning on. Thing is, the AD's are proving to be a very detail-retrieving headphone, and for some people, it might take them out of the music.
Edited by swspiers - 12/25/13 at 5:54pm
I tried the detail monster HD800 the other day. The HD800 does have an edge on the Alpha Dog in regards to micro details but the full bodied response or palpability of the Dog makes it more engaging to me. With that said, if one was a big fan of the open HD800 I think he or she will be happy with the closed Alpha Dog for those times when the outside cannot be bothered by one's music.
Transients were lightning fast, guitars were powerful with plenty of air to breath,
and the drums, the drums had authority and killer detail...
when did you order?
@Mad Lust Envy Those are my LCD-3's
I have the LCD-1's (only one left!) 3 (lent my 2 to a family member) X, and XC!
Rockin the Alpha's w/ my ALO Island again and the sonic pairing is Excellent!!
and @wolfetan44 - the new Burial EP sounds AMAZING!!
Edited by mikemercer - 12/26/13 at 1:08pm
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 seconds ago
- › FiiO X3K 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › JVC JA-S55 Integrated Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 2 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz "Supra" The Universal Custom In-Ear Monitor 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)