- 2,758 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New York Audio Show 2014 Last post on Today at 11:51 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on Yesterday at 7:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for gym use Last post on 9/22/14 at 3:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack Last post on 9/19/14 at 12:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted some ideas. Last post on 9/24/14 at 8:18am in Video Games Discussion
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 316
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh yes, the AD's are wonderful with metal. I threw everything from Black Sabbath, to Kyuss, to Opeth, and Tool at them and they did very very well.
ooops: edit. Depends on your taste of course. I love the detail of the AD's- picks on strings, the background sound of an amp turning on. Thing is, the AD's are proving to be a very detail-retrieving headphone, and for some people, it might take them out of the music.
Edited by swspiers - 12/25/13 at 5:54pm
I tried the detail monster HD800 the other day. The HD800 does have an edge on the Alpha Dog in regards to micro details but the full bodied response or palpability of the Dog makes it more engaging to me. With that said, if one was a big fan of the open HD800 I think he or she will be happy with the closed Alpha Dog for those times when the outside cannot be bothered by one's music.
Transients were lightning fast, guitars were powerful with plenty of air to breath,
and the drums, the drums had authority and killer detail...
when did you order?
@Mad Lust Envy Those are my LCD-3's
I have the LCD-1's (only one left!) 3 (lent my 2 to a family member) X, and XC!
Rockin the Alpha's w/ my ALO Island again and the sonic pairing is Excellent!!
and @wolfetan44 - the new Burial EP sounds AMAZING!!
Edited by mikemercer - 12/26/13 at 1:08pm
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Is iTunes Home Sharing bit perfect and transcode all formats to ALAC? 57 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser ie800 2 minutes ago
- › Help! Looking for a good multimedia player and amp for Shure SE846 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Over-ear alternative to grado sr80e? 6 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)