Ordered the AD´s on Saturday and will use them with a Meridian Explorer (hoping it works for the first time). I´m also thinking about getting a Schiit AMP/DAC.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get? HD800 or T1? Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amplifier upgrade considerations? Last post on 9/27/13 at 10:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 266
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3977 of 660011/18/13 at 1:33pmQuote:
I tried them both and the lyr was clearly better to me across the spectrum. More punchy bass and better dynamics overall. The Asgard 2 was clean and very resolving but somewhat thinner sounding than the lyr.post #3978 of 660011/18/13 at 2:53pmpost #3979 of 660011/18/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCGQuote:
I tried them both and the lyr was clearly better to me across the spectrum. More punchy bass and better dynamics overall. The Asgard 2 was clean and very resolving but somewhat thinner sounding than the lyr.
+1 for the Lyr. I have the Alpha Dogs, Lyr & Amperex Orange Globe tubes, Grant Fidelity TD-11 DAC/ preamp, Mac Mini dedicated music server, & Decibel player for 16/44.1, 24/96 .wav files. The AD's & Lyr are a very synergistic match for me personally. Resolving, neutral sound signature with the tubes adding a touch of warmth.
Bass is very clean & powerful, not boomy or bloated. Mid & high end is detailed, but very sweet sounding without any sibilance or harshness. Non-fatiguing, extended listening sessions are a welcome result.
Unfortunately I downloaded OS Mavericks & can no longer play 24/ 192 music files, as my J Keny MK II M2 Tech Hiface USB/ SPDIF needs a new driver to play nice. Still though, the Alpha Dogs sound great even without a key component in my system.
Bravo, Dan/ Mr. Speakers !post #3980 of 660011/18/13 at 4:54pmpost #3981 of 660011/18/13 at 5:10pmpost #3982 of 660011/18/13 at 5:40pmI haven't upgraded to Mavericks yet since I read it slows down laptops. Yet another reason to not upgrade. Thanks for the heads up mrspeakers! a_recording was also having issues with the ODAC via Mavericks...post #3983 of 660011/18/13 at 6:18pm
Thanks for noting the laptop slowdown issue miceblue! I will make sure to steer clear of the update for my wife's macbook pro. She could care less about audio, but god knows I would never hear the end of it if I caused her machine to lag!post #3984 of 660011/18/13 at 6:26pmpost #3985 of 660011/19/13 at 5:18ampost #3986 of 660011/19/13 at 5:36ampost #3987 of 660011/19/13 at 9:07amI am thinking once many members get their AlphaDogs we will realize they respond very much to input source as I herd it from herd it from 3 types of setups my portable amp (Continemtal V2) and a solid state setup and Dans tube setup and then another members littledot and I have to say all the tube gear made a noticable difference for the better.
My portable setup wich lacked decisive power also sounded very well.
So basically what I am leading to is that there will be a varied range of comments I feel will be due to setup...
Anyway thats my guess.post #3988 of 660011/19/13 at 10:55am
Silly question: is the wiring or sound between the single end cable and the XLR version with the single end adapter different? I need the XLR cable for my M8 anyway, but I am debating whether to get another cable or just an adapter. Thanks.post #3989 of 660011/19/13 at 11:02ampost #3990 of 660011/19/13 at 11:26am
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Looking for recommendations for a portable headphone DAC/AMP with... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 3 minutes ago
- › Mint Sennheiser IE800 3 minutes ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK III - Customer Service 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob