Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 2/11/15 at 9:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
At first, I'm very thankful to FiiO for giving chance to use and review this great portable music player. I'm owner of the FiiO X3 1st, E3, E7 and E9, so I know how FiiO made great DAPs and...
Too lazy to write the full review yet LOL. Just posting this out first :)
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 264
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of the Hifi line up, to me, the HE-6 most, left me with that excellent refined polished sound impression that the Alpha did also convey in Mrspeakers tube setup..
Probably because the he-6 was most neutral to me of the hifiman line
The he-500 is good no doubt...
BUT...Give me the Alpha and the HE-6, THEN we come "closer" to a "best of" both "closed and open" worlds lol
Personally I rather have the Apha & hd800 for a larger difference in tonality as well
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/14/13 at 7:17pm
I was about to say, not all of us are that lucky! $1400 may get you the headphones, but then what? haha an expensive ornament
Edited by Lillee - 11/14/13 at 7:55pm
And that's with the typically more expensive USA pricing.
^ they come with both the electrostatic earspeaker and the electrostatic amplifier
Bah, those aren't S.T.A.X.
That's cheap! This is what they're worth in Australia:
|Stax SRS-3170 System SRM-323S Driver with SR-307 Classic [STAXSRS3170]||$2,299.00|
|STAX SRS-4170 Signature System SR-407 with SRM-006tS Vacuum Tube [STAXSRS4170]||$3,299.00|
Edited by Lillee - 11/14/13 at 8:15pm
whilst i was on the fence and trying to build up my $stash
this aged DT770/600 arrived at my door..for 100bucks.
Slapped on the ALPHA pads, fired up the DV336se, hohoho...glorious sound,
the bass is well focused with impact from the shape of the alpha pads i believe.
Superb isolation..Never heard this can so good b4.
(Mr Speaker should come up with more pad-variations and start another $$stream. just saying if he is not bz enough :P )
Agreed and good points on both..
I agree with Ultrasone being hit or miss. I experienced physical pain when I auditioned the PRO900. Ironically, more of their misses seem to be TOTL. However, they really seem to have gotten it right with the Signature line which I liken to the Howard Stern of headphones- unless you have spent some time listening to them, you may have a negative predisposition. I own the Sig DJ and was pleasantly surprised how well they compared at a recent headphone meet, at least to my ears. I am looking for something more neutral to complement them that offers the high level of detail retrieval, air and smooth treble (yes, I said Ultrasone and smooth treble in the same sentence) and prefer not to spend $1,200 for the Sig PRO which is where the Alpha Dog comes in.
What would be the Bababooey of headphones?
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 30 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 42 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD201 vs HD202 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen preview world-tour--first impressions starting page 8! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by joku213
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2