Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 5/23/15 at 6:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 4/29/15 at 12:52pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Let's ruin the surprise: I'm buying an Aune B1 the moment the nice folks at Aune Audio show up at my door demanding their demo unit back. I can't stop playing it and there's one huge reason:...
I purchased the XX's about a week ago, so I've had time to fiddle with them for a while. Let's just jump right in with the sound. Unequalized, these sound like you're listening to a set of desktop...
This has been a very unique audio experience for me. I stumbled across an insane deal on this headset, so I though I would give them a swing. Comfort: As an owner of quite large ears, I can say...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 264
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of the Hifi line up, to me, the HE-6 most, left me with that excellent refined polished sound impression that the Alpha did also convey in Mrspeakers tube setup..
Probably because the he-6 was most neutral to me of the hifiman line
The he-500 is good no doubt...
BUT...Give me the Alpha and the HE-6, THEN we come "closer" to a "best of" both "closed and open" worlds lol
Personally I rather have the Apha & hd800 for a larger difference in tonality as well
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/14/13 at 7:17pm
I was about to say, not all of us are that lucky! $1400 may get you the headphones, but then what? haha an expensive ornament
Edited by Lillee - 11/14/13 at 7:55pm
And that's with the typically more expensive USA pricing.
^ they come with both the electrostatic earspeaker and the electrostatic amplifier
Bah, those aren't S.T.A.X.
That's cheap! This is what they're worth in Australia:
|Stax SRS-3170 System SRM-323S Driver with SR-307 Classic [STAXSRS3170]||$2,299.00|
|STAX SRS-4170 Signature System SR-407 with SRM-006tS Vacuum Tube [STAXSRS4170]||$3,299.00|
Edited by Lillee - 11/14/13 at 8:15pm
whilst i was on the fence and trying to build up my $stash
this aged DT770/600 arrived at my door..for 100bucks.
Slapped on the ALPHA pads, fired up the DV336se, hohoho...glorious sound,
the bass is well focused with impact from the shape of the alpha pads i believe.
Superb isolation..Never heard this can so good b4.
(Mr Speaker should come up with more pad-variations and start another $$stream. just saying if he is not bz enough :P )
Agreed and good points on both..
I agree with Ultrasone being hit or miss. I experienced physical pain when I auditioned the PRO900. Ironically, more of their misses seem to be TOTL. However, they really seem to have gotten it right with the Signature line which I liken to the Howard Stern of headphones- unless you have spent some time listening to them, you may have a negative predisposition. I own the Sig DJ and was pleasantly surprised how well they compared at a recent headphone meet, at least to my ears. I am looking for something more neutral to complement them that offers the high level of detail retrieval, air and smooth treble (yes, I said Ultrasone and smooth treble in the same sentence) and prefer not to spend $1,200 for the Sig PRO which is where the Alpha Dog comes in.
What would be the Bababooey of headphones?
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX phones with... 32 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 43 seconds ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Leben CS300XS Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AKG new N90Q 8 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 10 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 11 minutes ago
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)