Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 2/11/15 at 9:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 264
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of the Hifi line up, to me, the HE-6 most, left me with that excellent refined polished sound impression that the Alpha did also convey in Mrspeakers tube setup..
Probably because the he-6 was most neutral to me of the hifiman line
The he-500 is good no doubt...
BUT...Give me the Alpha and the HE-6, THEN we come "closer" to a "best of" both "closed and open" worlds lol
Personally I rather have the Apha & hd800 for a larger difference in tonality as well
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/14/13 at 7:17pm
I was about to say, not all of us are that lucky! $1400 may get you the headphones, but then what? haha an expensive ornament
Edited by Lillee - 11/14/13 at 7:55pm
And that's with the typically more expensive USA pricing.
^ they come with both the electrostatic earspeaker and the electrostatic amplifier
Bah, those aren't S.T.A.X.
That's cheap! This is what they're worth in Australia:
|Stax SRS-3170 System SRM-323S Driver with SR-307 Classic [STAXSRS3170]||$2,299.00|
|STAX SRS-4170 Signature System SR-407 with SRM-006tS Vacuum Tube [STAXSRS4170]||$3,299.00|
Edited by Lillee - 11/14/13 at 8:15pm
whilst i was on the fence and trying to build up my $stash
this aged DT770/600 arrived at my door..for 100bucks.
Slapped on the ALPHA pads, fired up the DV336se, hohoho...glorious sound,
the bass is well focused with impact from the shape of the alpha pads i believe.
Superb isolation..Never heard this can so good b4.
(Mr Speaker should come up with more pad-variations and start another $$stream. just saying if he is not bz enough :P )
Agreed and good points on both..
I agree with Ultrasone being hit or miss. I experienced physical pain when I auditioned the PRO900. Ironically, more of their misses seem to be TOTL. However, they really seem to have gotten it right with the Signature line which I liken to the Howard Stern of headphones- unless you have spent some time listening to them, you may have a negative predisposition. I own the Sig DJ and was pleasantly surprised how well they compared at a recent headphone meet, at least to my ears. I am looking for something more neutral to complement them that offers the high level of detail retrieval, air and smooth treble (yes, I said Ultrasone and smooth treble in the same sentence) and prefer not to spend $1,200 for the Sig PRO which is where the Alpha Dog comes in.
What would be the Bababooey of headphones?
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 26 seconds ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 44 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › The DACs in galaxy s6 and the m9.. What do we know? 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2