Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 5/23/15 at 6:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 4/29/15 at 12:52pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 264
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of the Hifi line up, to me, the HE-6 most, left me with that excellent refined polished sound impression that the Alpha did also convey in Mrspeakers tube setup..
Probably because the he-6 was most neutral to me of the hifiman line
The he-500 is good no doubt...
BUT...Give me the Alpha and the HE-6, THEN we come "closer" to a "best of" both "closed and open" worlds lol
Personally I rather have the Apha & hd800 for a larger difference in tonality as well
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/14/13 at 7:17pm
I was about to say, not all of us are that lucky! $1400 may get you the headphones, but then what? haha an expensive ornament
Edited by Lillee - 11/14/13 at 7:55pm
And that's with the typically more expensive USA pricing.
^ they come with both the electrostatic earspeaker and the electrostatic amplifier
Bah, those aren't S.T.A.X.
That's cheap! This is what they're worth in Australia:
|Stax SRS-3170 System SRM-323S Driver with SR-307 Classic [STAXSRS3170]||$2,299.00|
|STAX SRS-4170 Signature System SR-407 with SRM-006tS Vacuum Tube [STAXSRS4170]||$3,299.00|
Edited by Lillee - 11/14/13 at 8:15pm
whilst i was on the fence and trying to build up my $stash
this aged DT770/600 arrived at my door..for 100bucks.
Slapped on the ALPHA pads, fired up the DV336se, hohoho...glorious sound,
the bass is well focused with impact from the shape of the alpha pads i believe.
Superb isolation..Never heard this can so good b4.
(Mr Speaker should come up with more pad-variations and start another $$stream. just saying if he is not bz enough :P )
Agreed and good points on both..
I agree with Ultrasone being hit or miss. I experienced physical pain when I auditioned the PRO900. Ironically, more of their misses seem to be TOTL. However, they really seem to have gotten it right with the Signature line which I liken to the Howard Stern of headphones- unless you have spent some time listening to them, you may have a negative predisposition. I own the Sig DJ and was pleasantly surprised how well they compared at a recent headphone meet, at least to my ears. I am looking for something more neutral to complement them that offers the high level of detail retrieval, air and smooth treble (yes, I said Ultrasone and smooth treble in the same sentence) and prefer not to spend $1,200 for the Sig PRO which is where the Alpha Dog comes in.
What would be the Bababooey of headphones?
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 53 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 59 seconds ago
- › Newsmy G1 Pocket Lossless Player 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Small tips for my MA750's 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Raspberry Pi2 as Music Server? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Need advice on what to buy next 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › Underpass: Solution to or Cause of Traffic...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)