Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 2/11/15 at 9:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 264
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of the Hifi line up, to me, the HE-6 most, left me with that excellent refined polished sound impression that the Alpha did also convey in Mrspeakers tube setup..
Probably because the he-6 was most neutral to me of the hifiman line
The he-500 is good no doubt...
BUT...Give me the Alpha and the HE-6, THEN we come "closer" to a "best of" both "closed and open" worlds lol
Personally I rather have the Apha & hd800 for a larger difference in tonality as well
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/14/13 at 7:17pm
I was about to say, not all of us are that lucky! $1400 may get you the headphones, but then what? haha an expensive ornament
Edited by Lillee - 11/14/13 at 7:55pm
And that's with the typically more expensive USA pricing.
^ they come with both the electrostatic earspeaker and the electrostatic amplifier
Bah, those aren't S.T.A.X.
That's cheap! This is what they're worth in Australia:
|Stax SRS-3170 System SRM-323S Driver with SR-307 Classic [STAXSRS3170]||$2,299.00|
|STAX SRS-4170 Signature System SR-407 with SRM-006tS Vacuum Tube [STAXSRS4170]||$3,299.00|
Edited by Lillee - 11/14/13 at 8:15pm
whilst i was on the fence and trying to build up my $stash
this aged DT770/600 arrived at my door..for 100bucks.
Slapped on the ALPHA pads, fired up the DV336se, hohoho...glorious sound,
the bass is well focused with impact from the shape of the alpha pads i believe.
Superb isolation..Never heard this can so good b4.
(Mr Speaker should come up with more pad-variations and start another $$stream. just saying if he is not bz enough :P )
Agreed and good points on both..
I agree with Ultrasone being hit or miss. I experienced physical pain when I auditioned the PRO900. Ironically, more of their misses seem to be TOTL. However, they really seem to have gotten it right with the Signature line which I liken to the Howard Stern of headphones- unless you have spent some time listening to them, you may have a negative predisposition. I own the Sig DJ and was pleasantly surprised how well they compared at a recent headphone meet, at least to my ears. I am looking for something more neutral to complement them that offers the high level of detail retrieval, air and smooth treble (yes, I said Ultrasone and smooth treble in the same sentence) and prefer not to spend $1,200 for the Sig PRO which is where the Alpha Dog comes in.
What would be the Bababooey of headphones?
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 28 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › What speaker/monitors could give me sound comparable or better than... 7 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide. 10 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 11 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2