Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 244

post #3646 of 7930

Mind-blown....

3d printers are going to take over the world.

post #3647 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Actually I'm maybe getting an MD 3.2 my self to hopefully upgrade in the future to an AD

 

That said, I really need a closed Bass Heavy HeadPhone. The HE 400 is my current EDM can and well it doesn't get much love... I don;t listen to a TON of EDM at home and sadly on the go the HE 400 loses it's sub due to outside noise SO the SUPER ISOLATING MD and AD are my next choice. Seeing as ironically I EQ'd the HE 400 and MD with the same settings [without knowing it until I loaded my old MD EQ]

 

EHm that said, my MAIN question is about the Bass Tune for the AD... any one try it and with what results! I would ofc like a smidge bassier AD that stock. Seeing as I can't have the AD replaceing my w1000x ;3 [gatta keep my w1000x the neutral one xD] 

I would describe the Alpha Dog in many glowing ways, but this would not be one of them.

post #3648 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Actually I'm maybe getting an MD 3.2 my self to hopefully upgrade in the future to an AD

That said, I really need a closed Bass Heavy HeadPhone. The HE 400 is my current EDM can and well it doesn't get much love... I don;t listen to a TON of EDM at home and sadly on the go the HE 400 loses it's sub due to outside noise SO the SUPER ISOLATING MD and AD are my next choice. Seeing as ironically I EQ'd the HE 400 and MD with the same settings [without knowing it until I loaded my old MD EQ]

EHm that said, my MAIN question is about the Bass Tune for the AD... any one try it and with what results! I would ofc like a smidge bassier AD that stock. Seeing as I can't have the AD replaceing my w1000x ;3 [gatta keep my w1000x the neutral one xD] 
You want a th600 or dX000
post #3649 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

I would describe the Alpha Dog in many glowing ways, but this would not be one of them.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post


You want a th600 or dX000

Hmm well honestly I liked the MD 3.2 for EDM when I had it many a times ago. It suprised me often... and un eq'd I put it at about the same bass level as the HE 400 from memory... not to mention I EQ the MD and HE 400 with the same settings [using a 18band eq] that said... to my ears un eq'd MD should resmble the un eq'd HE 400. We shall see though maybe... I might try to steal a modded D2 or 5k actually 

post #3650 of 7930
I like the bass on the Alpha Dog much more than on the Mad Dog 3.2. I find it to have more rumble and more impact (a la LCD-2). Then again, the Alpha Dog might have had a better seal on my head due to the ultra-squishy earpads.

I'm still writing up my impressions slowly but surely...
post #3651 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I like the bass on the Alpha Dog much more than on the Mad Dog 3.2. I find it to have more rumble and more impact (a la LCD-2). Then again, the Alpha Dog might have had a better seal on my head due to the ultra-squishy earpads.

I'm still writing up my impressions slowly but surely...

 

Take your time. We can certainly wait one or two minutes more.

post #3652 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post


Hmm well honestly I liked the MD 3.2 for EDM when I had it many a times ago. It suprised me often... and un eq'd I put it at about the same bass level as the HE 400 from memory... not to mention I EQ the MD and HE 400 with the same settings [using a 18band eq] that said... to my ears un eq'd MD should resmble the un eq'd HE 400. We shall see though maybe... I might try to steal a modded D2 or 5k actually 

My few days with the Alpha proved to me they are quite capable of being Bassy enough for my liking. Phrase it any way you want but fed by my vintage amps they were far from bass light and far from a disappointment even listening to them right after a D7000. Close enough to blow my mind in fact.

This, after a very disappointing weekend back in March with the Mad Dogs that had me mentally write off Mr Speakers as a viable headphone supplier to me. Wrongo..........

I'm sure how these animals are fed are crucial to what I experienced.
post #3653 of 7930
They sounded plenty bassy straight out of an iPhone.

ヽ(´ー`)┌
post #3654 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
EHm that said, my MAIN question is about the Bass Tune for the AD... any one try it and with what results! I would ofc like a smidge bassier AD that stock. Seeing as I can't have the AD replaceing my w1000x ;3 [gatta keep my w1000x the neutral one xD] 

The reports in this thread (about 2-3 weeks ago) were that the bass tune was great for the purpose of the factory tuning of each pair of headphones, but that changing the setting significantly decreases the bass quality - and that ulitmately, there was no overall benefit from changing the settings - regardless of whether or not one had a preference for more bass or less bass.

post #3655 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

They sounded plenty bassy straight out of an iPhone.

ヽ(´ー`)┌


To confirm what you are saying, the Alpha Dogs can be driven to enjoyable listening levels straight through an Iphone?

post #3656 of 7930
That depends on how loud you listen at. If you listen at volumes that can induce hearing damage, probably not. If you listen at a safe 80dB or so, it'll be fine.
post #3657 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

They sounded plenty bassy straight out of an iPhone.


ヽ(´ー`)┌


To confirm what you are saying, the Alpha Dogs can be driven to enjoyable listening levels straight through an Iphone?
Yes. Both the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog are fine out of the iPhone. Jude says so too in his video on the first post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

I can't get a decent volume out of the iphone4s
How loud do you listen to your music?
@miceblue
 was able to get my MDs to their preferred listening volume at 2/3 volume on the 4S.


post #3658 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 
 
Yes. Both the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog are fine out of the iPhone. Jude says so too in his video on the first post.
 

Definition of "fine"?

They are pretty hard to drive to their best. Even onboard amp in Yulong DA8 doesn't do them proper justice comparing to Headamp GS-1 or AURALiC Taurus. That's the issue with all planars phones, not enough juice, no dynamics and details, even if you get plenty of volume.

post #3659 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
 

Definition of "fine"?

They are pretty hard to drive to their best. Even onboard amp in Yulong DA8 doesn't do them proper justice comparing to Headamp GS-1 or AURALiC Taurus. That's the issue with all planars phones, not enough juice, no dynamics and details, even if you get plenty of volume.

Things like strong piano music are hard to reproduce because of very high impulsive peaks. You need amp that has plenty of reserve power for it even for dynamic headphones. That why I am trying out the Emotiva mini-X a-100 a speaker amp for the hard to drive planner headphones as well for my normal dynamic headphones.

post #3660 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by john57 View Post
 

Things like strong piano music are hard to reproduce because of very high impulsive peaks. You need amp that has plenty of reserve power for it even for dynamic headphones. That why I am trying out the Emotiva mini-X a-100 a speaker amp for the hard to drive planner headphones as well for my normal dynamic headphones.

 

Yeah..Mini-X.  Just loving it with the MD's.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones