It's not a silver cable though, nor is it a custom braided 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% oxygen free copper cable...therefore it's no good.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 4/29/15 at 12:52pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 232
Gear mentioned in this thread:
All my headphones are FibreOptic.
You should see the mediocre crap in my cable bag. I fall into the "wire's wire" camp for the most part. Once in a while I'll get something nice, but mostly cause it looks cool and I'm kinda vain that way… I was able to listen to my MD 3.2 balanced out of a mini^3 by kluging together a 4 pin xlr to 1/4" plug to the grado 1/4" jack to mini plug adapter. The new mini3 with the special lithium polymer or whatever it is battery and charging circuit is a freakishly good sounding amp, by the way. Tai worked a miracle with that little thing.
It looks like Mike Ting's impressions of the Alpha Dogs in Tokyo (that caused him to order them) will be posted as an addition to the existing pictures at:
(Note that other pages have pictures of the Fostex Open Back T50RP (prototype), the new Shure SRH-1540 closed back version of 1440/1840, and other new products.)
Given what I've gathered Mike's sound signature preferences are, his comments would seem to back up what some are implying in this thread: that the Alpha Dog's appeal may be more universal than it's tuning would intitially lead one to believe.
Also, I found this little nugget buried in Tyll Hertsens' CanJam wrap-up article at InnerFidelity:
In my mind, this may be one of the most interesting stories of the show. You see, the RP50 prototype uses the same planar-magnetic driver found in the Fostex T50RP headphone that headphone DIYers love to modify. It is a really competent driver when placed in a well-designed enclosure, and I think Fostex has something very special in this driver alone. The show was too loud and commenting on prototypes under the circumstances would be silly, but I know these drivers can sound very good. I hope Fostex finds ways to use use them in a lot of products...even products made by others. Mr.Speakers uses them in his Alpha Dogs, which really are a spectacular headphone. The point is: The story of what Fostex does with its killer planar-magnetic driver might be very, very interesting...in lots of ways.
He doesn't mention them in the list of headphones he's going to be reviewing (which he drops at the end of the article), but I figured that sentence is worth at least something.
What I really find interesting is that neither Mike nor Tyll really seemed enamored with the Mad Dog, but both have now indicated quite a liking to the Alpha Dog. Granted, Mike only reviewed the 3.0 version, and Tyll's 'phones were apparently defective (or something like that), but the fact is that I'm getting more and more tempted to upgrade. (My poor wallet! )
Time for my flight home...
Edited by mrspeakers - 10/28/13 at 1:33am
Where? I've seen Mike's comments but not Tyll's.
I quoted and linked to the (admittedly very small) nod that Tyll gave. It's not really newsworthy, IMHO, but I figured what the heck.
...and of course I don't go back and verify that my memory is correct before making my assertion. Whoopsie!
You read my mind. I run my Iphone through V-Moda Vamp/Verza.
Small, but very enthusiastic. Thanks for sharing!
I just purchased from Audeze for $20 since I would think theirs is the highest quality available, plus I like the idea of saying I purchased something from Audeze since everything else on their website would seriously damage my bank accout. I wish I had this adapter at the Philly headphone meet
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR80 Impressions thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Trio Portable Tube Amp - Discussion and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2