Thanks for the initial impressions.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on Yesterday at 8:33 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for gym use Last post on 9/18/14 at 9:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack Last post on Yesterday at 12:07 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted some ideas. Last post on Yesterday at 8:46 am in Video Games Discussion
- m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp Last post on 9/2/14 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 198
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Uhhh, Mike, you ARE an audio junkie...
Enjoy them, I'll look forward to your feedback. I'm still trying to decide whether to upgrade or just buy a pair.
I foolishly did not preorder them, so sadly it is going to be a bit before mine arrive. But I will definitely be comparing them!!
While I have not heard too many different headphones, the FR graphs have proven to be quite reliable for me with the headphones I have heard when compared to the plots I see on the graphs. I often wonder how much my ears/brain play a part in this, as an 80dB tone at 200 Hz is quite comfortable to me, while at 2K-6K Hz at a similar dB, it seems blaring and much too loud. My hearing appears to be so much more sensitive at the mid-frequencies, and this may be part of the reason why I seem prefer a more V-shaped sound signature.
I am just curious how you picked that frequency, considering that - for example - bass (kick) drum and bass guitar are both entirely above 40 hz...
Edited by kstuart - 10/15/13 at 7:42pm
Mine is arriving tomorrow too, package was released by Australian customs this morning. Words cannot describe my anticipation.
I will probably be the first Alpha Dog owner in Australia.
Regardless, the pattern definitely looks very similar to other MD measurements, except in this case the midrange with AD seems much more in-line with the rest of the FR (MD's midrange had a bit of a hill around 800 Hz with purrin's measurements), and overall sweeping balance seems better, though to really see we'd need side-by-side comparison either all with your measurements or another sources.
Keep in mind the MD measurements purrin did were with my MD 3.0. Based on Dan's comparison measurements from 3.0-3.2, I think that midrange "hill" on purrin's measurements was mostly smoothed out with the 3.2 revision. The 3.2 revision certainly sounded smoother overall.
I still wouldn't compare the two though, Purrin's compensation is based off a pair of neutral measuring speakers, so what's flatter on his graphs is flat like a speaker measurement. Something truly comparable would be a measurement by Dan of the MD and then the AD using the same measuring method and Y window. (The purpose of this graph wasn't to compare the two headphones, but to show that 90db window can make things look very flat)
Yes, they both use different measurement systems and techniques, so they can't be directly compared (though you can make SOME basic cross comparisons). Not to mention purrin recently changed his methods, and it looks like he's still tweaking those a bit.
One would think that bass is entirely above 40 Hz, but in some genres, bands down-tune, which can extend bass guitar well below 40 Hz.
Still, nit-picky silliness aside (on my part) you are entirely right, as I was making the most conservative guess possible. I thought writing 'no bass below 60 Hz' would be irresponsible, since I had no means of measuring. So- I chose 40 Hz as a way to express the issue without running into the danger of hyperbole. I'm not good at avoiding hyperbole, so I need the practice
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 40 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 3 minutes ago
- › iem sound better when slightly pressing with fingers? 3 minutes ago
- › S.M.S.L M2 DAC First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica 3000anv in new condition 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)