or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 196

post #2926 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post


I am the only one that think the Oppo looks retro and overall not so great?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, not all of them have to agree!

post #2927 of 9033

Now that we're starting to catch up, here is the often requested frequency response.  This is not an average, it is not smoothed, and it's a single point measurement (vs an average of multiple passes for one phone) for our master reference headphone.  We tune our phones to be within +/-2dB of this curve.

 

As usual, the rolloff that starts at about 1.5K is characteristic of our headphone measurement system, and actually this represents linear.  What's going on in the plot above 5K is very random based on micro adjustments of the phone on the test fixture.  

 

I always hesitate to put plots out as many people expect headphone measurements to look like ruler flat speaker plots, but the reality is above 1.5K peaks and troughs are part of "flat" measurements.  

 

post #2928 of 9033
That is a sexy looking graph. Some reference class tuning there.
post #2929 of 9033

And for grins, our super-expensive headphone stand (at least today).

 

post #2930 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

And for grins, our super-expensive headphone stand (at least today).

 

 

Now that is sexy!!!

post #2931 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by azteca x View Post
 

Might want to wait for a price on the Oppos - it's possible they will cost a lot more than Alphas.

 

couldn't agree more on that one.

post #2932 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

And for grins, our super-expensive headphone stand (at least today).

 

 

I hope that my pair is on your new 'apple stand' ;)

post #2933 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Now that we're starting to catch up, here is the often requested frequency response.  This is not an average, it is not smoothed, and it's a single point measurement (vs an average of multiple passes for one phone) for our master reference headphone.  We tune our phones to be within +/-2dB of this curve.

As usual, the rolloff that starts at about 1.5K is characteristic of our headphone measurement system, and actually this represents linear.  What's going on in the plot above 5K is very random based on micro adjustments of the phone on the test fixture.  

I always hesitate to put plots out as many people expect headphone measurements to look like ruler flat speaker plots, but the reality is above 1.5K peaks and troughs are part of "flat" measurements.  


That really is a great looking graph. Can't wait to get the demo pair!!!
post #2934 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


That really is a great looking graph. Can't wait to get the demo pair!!!


Which should be coming to me very very soon, then on to you bud...............PM me your address by the way. 

post #2935 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

I am the only one that think the Oppo looks retro and overall not so great?
I think they look dull
post #2936 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

That really is a great looking graph. Can't wait to get the demo pair!!!


Which should be coming to me very very soon, then on to you bud...............PM me your address by the way. 
Will do when I get home wink.gif
post #2937 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

Now that we're starting to catch up, here is the often requested frequency response.  This is not an average, it is not smoothed, and it's a single point measurement (vs an average of multiple passes for one phone) for our master reference headphone.  We tune our phones to be within +/-2dB of this curve.

 

As usual, the rolloff that starts at about 1.5K is characteristic of our headphone measurement system, and actually this represents linear.  What's going on in the plot above 5K is very random based on micro adjustments of the phone on the test fixture.  

 

I always hesitate to put plots out as many people expect headphone measurements to look like ruler flat speaker plots, but the reality is above 1.5K peaks and troughs are part of "flat" measurements.  

 

Hey Dan, is there any form of compensation applied to the measurement here?

 

 

Regardless, the pattern definitely looks very similar to other MD measurements, except in this case the midrange with AD seems much more in-line with the rest of the FR (MD's midrange had a bit of a hill around 800 Hz with purrin's measurements), and overall sweeping balance seems better, though to really see we'd need side-by-side comparison either all with your measurements or another sources.

post #2938 of 9033

We don't use compensation.  

 

My experience with the compensation curves is they don't apply to our test setup well.  

post #2939 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

That is a sexy looking graph. Some reference class tuning there.

+1. That is a very nice graph. Hopefully my prescription of the sound comes close.

I may have missed our simply forgotten that I've read the answer, but how well are they responding to EQ?

My aversion to EQ has mostly vanished and I value is quite a bit more now
post #2940 of 9033

Impressive, great looking measurement graph!  but -/+ 2dB could be quite a bit depending on where in the FR the deviation will fall.  Like my Q701, all I ask for is another +2 db in the low frequencies and I'll be very happy.

 

Dan, is this because of a combo of variances caused by inconsistency in the drivers/cups...? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones