- 13,664 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get? HD800 or T1? Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amplifier upgrade considerations? Last post on 9/27/13 at 10:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 177post #2641 of 674010/10/13 at 9:00amPics man, pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2642 of 674010/10/13 at 9:11ampost #2643 of 674010/10/13 at 9:51am
Finally, AD's are expected to arrive tomorrow. I expect to have a little time Saturday, and a little time Sunday to post some initial impressions vs. the HE-5LE. I expect to have no serious time until next Friday- but even if I only get 10 minutes, I will post about those 10 minutes.post #2644 of 674010/10/13 at 10:11amQuote:Originally Posted by swspiers
Finally, AD's are expected to arrive tomorrow. I expect to have a little time Saturday, and a little time Sunday to post some initial impressions vs. the HE-5LE. I expect to have no serious time until next Friday- but even if I only get 10 minutes, I will post about those 10 minutes.
That's great! I'll be looking forward to your impressions!post #2645 of 674010/10/13 at 10:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Greed
Quote:Originally Posted by kstuart
I used the SRH1840 for an extended period of time, and my educated guess is that the outstanding imaging precision of those, is due to the very solid headband and yoke. That solidity is partially due to a lack of pivot points (or indeed, the lack of pivot points was in order to improve the imaging).
The T50RP (and thus the Mad Dogs and Alpha Dogs) have an omnidirectional pivot right at the earcup. The solidity is thus due to the clamping force that prevents the pivot from moving. Of course, any bass notes create force in opposition to the clamping force, and cause the earcups to move slightly, blurring the imaging. The SRH1840 avoids this problem by having a less than great bass response .
Oh... so that is how imaging works. It all has to do with the headband/yoke and how solid it is...
It is interesting that every time I post something about engineering principles, it causes sputtering or ridicule.
Note that I did not say "It all has to do with..." that was you reading between the lines, and finding something I did not say. It's also interesting that subsequent posters will accept the misinterpretation.
I merely said that this was a deciding factor.
For example, you can have two cars, both have engines with great valve design, great cylinder design, stroked, bored, etc. and then one has nitro or turbo, and that one thing is responsible for the greater speed. It is not the only thing, it is just responsible for the difference.
Headphones and Speakers are the same in many ways. The ear pads are the "room treatments" of headphones, and the headband, and yoke are the "speaker stands" of headphones. If you think that speaker stands don't affect imaging, then you need to go back to school.Quote:Huh, so a headphone made of concrete must have much better imaging than the HD800. Interesting...
Not very far off:post #2646 of 674010/10/13 at 10:53ampost #2647 of 674010/10/13 at 11:13ampost #2648 of 674010/10/13 at 11:19ampost #2649 of 674010/10/13 at 11:39am
I just noticed that your trader feedback score is +121, holy crap! I almost can't believe someone who's been on Head-Fi since just last year has bought & sold that much...post #2650 of 674010/10/13 at 11:41ampost #2651 of 674010/10/13 at 12:05pm
I noticed with interest, the weights posted earlier of the Alpha Dog vs Mad Dog. Apparently the 3D printed ear cup, with its internal chambers, weighs more than the Fostex cups, and perhaps the Auto Paint, while it looks great, adds yet more to the weight...post #2652 of 674010/10/13 at 12:05pm
So they are not comfortable to you?Quote:
Incredible huh!!?post #2653 of 674010/10/13 at 12:19pmI'm the lucky buyer of Matt's Alpha Dogs. I can't wait to hear them! Will write a full review after spending a few days listening to it
Dan was kind enough to refund and cancel my pre-order. He knew I must have been the buyer if Matt's Alpha Dogs.post #2654 of 674010/10/13 at 12:23pmpost #2655 of 674010/10/13 at 12:28pm
For me, they are better than the he500. Right now I'm having trouble wearing hp's period. The hd650 is really the only one light enough for me ATM. And the ma900 whenever it finally gets back. I will likely spend a few weeks listening with speakers give my neck a chance to recover.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › 3.5 to RCA question 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 6 minutes ago
- › FS Unique Melody Miracle CIEM USD$490 6 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude