Thanks for sharing and leaving the impressions. You have some pics...right?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get? HD800 or T1? Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amplifier upgrade considerations? Last post on 9/27/13 at 10:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 144post #2146 of 61809/29/13 at 8:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 61809/29/13 at 8:18pmSorry, no pics - I had only a crappy iPhone 3GS camera on me, and it would not have done anything there justice. I'm sure Nick Dangerous took some photos all around on each setup, so hopefully he'll post something on the Dallas meet thread or the impressions thread that will likely follow.
If it helps, the pictures I've seen of the Alpha Dog set my expectations high, and the look of the headphone exceed those. I particulary like how Dan has refinished the metal loop above each earcup in black, with stoppers on the metal to prevent the earcups from touchng the headband.post #2148 of 61809/29/13 at 8:24pm
Stoppers on the arms? Huh, don't think I noticed anything like that in the photographs that have been released. Is it just a small metal pin on the inside of the arms to stop the cups getting too close and scratching on the lower portion of the headband?post #2149 of 61809/29/13 at 8:33pmQuote:
They are two small "sheaths" that wrap around the two metal arms on each side, so four in total. They are very discrete and painted the same black color as the finished arms. Dan said he added them to avoid potential damage to the cup's finish, just as you describe. It is another indication of his attention to detail in the design.post #2150 of 61809/29/13 at 9:00pm
How many other people got tracking numbers? I ordered on August 10th and no tracking yet. I looked at my Mr.Speakers account and it indicated 'complete' but I'm not sure if that refers to payment and/or ready for shipping.
Quote:post #2151 of 61809/29/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by jazzman7
They are two small "sheaths" that wrap around the two metal arms on each side, so four in total. They are very discrete and painted the same black color as the finished arms. Dan said he added them to avoid potential damage to the cup's finish, just as you describe. It is another indication of his attention to detail in the design.
Man, I get more and more impressed by Dan's work on these each time I read something new about them. That's a great method to prevent scratching on the top of the cups provided it doesn't add too much visual bulk to those gorgeous arms.post #2152 of 61809/29/13 at 10:05pmpost #2153 of 61809/30/13 at 1:14amQuote:
The two other headphones I'm currently curious about.post #2154 of 61809/30/13 at 8:10am
Not sure how they are shipping them out... I ordered on August 9.. still no tracking info as of this morning... and at least one person says tracking info provided and ordered on August 11...
I was thinking it was first in line type shipping ???post #2155 of 61809/30/13 at 8:12ampost #2156 of 61809/30/13 at 8:22amQuote:
Yup. I said there'd be a few details and surprises, and that we've put a ton of engineering into this...post #2157 of 61809/30/13 at 8:26amThe phones will go out in the order ordered... Don't worry about tracking info, usps tracking seems to not deliver at least 50% of the Time. Right now unless you have an urgent need to be able to be there when your phones arrive please don't contact me for tracking numbers, it will slow down our shipping. I got stuck overnight in Dallas (worst travel weekend I've ever had) so we may only get the roadshow units out today.post #2158 of 61809/30/13 at 8:43am
Received them today... I'll probably post my findings on the AIAIAI thread! ;-)
Returning to topic... still no tracking number for the Alpha Dogs! Thanks for the update Dan!!
Hopefully, some of you will start getting them this week!!
Can't wait for pics and impressions!!
Edited by gelocks - 9/30/13 at 8:46ampost #2159 of 61809/30/13 at 9:22amQuote:
Oh dear, this is going to be a bad week for youpost #2160 of 61809/30/13 at 10:42am
But the Alpha Dogs are the ones I want to finally listen to (and probably look at it for hours on end... so pretty...)
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 second ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Headphones to play guitar with an Amp 52 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Latest... 1 minute ago
- › Anticable Level 2 10ft speaker cables wanted 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude