or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 140

post #2086 of 9033

Order Status: Complete :evil:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
yeah, I know....doesn't mean anything 
post #2087 of 9033
As far as I know, the Alpha Dogs will begin shipping next Monday.
The update program will NO BE IN EFFECT until 5-6 weeks from now which means that THEY WILL NOT BE PROCESSING upgrades until after the end of October/beginning of November!

So it will be faster to buy an already made Alpha Dog than to wait for them to START ACCEPTING upgrades 5-6 weeks from now... (and remember that they will take at least 2 extra weeks converting your headphones so that would mean that you'd have to wait till mid-November probably)
post #2088 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 
Quote:
 
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

 

 

I believe ordering the actually headphone would be quicker. Dan said the upgrade program would get on its way end of October, but it is first come first serve. If you haven't yet signed up for the upgrade program I'm guessing the yield time will be longer than to wait the 6 weeks from today.

 

 

 

yeah no offense to Dan because I know they are doing their best but skip that I want it quicker. Do you know how long it would take to actually recieve the AD if I ordered it now? is that what the 6 weeks are referring to.

 

Our website has the delivery info.  We estimate the backlog is 6 weeks.  Order now -= 6 weeks.  The upgrades won't start for at least 6 weeks, and we have a LOT of sign ups already, so there's going to be some patience needed.  I can't begin to estimate that yet, we'll need a couple more weeks to assess our production capacity and invest in more gear if needed.

post #2089 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 
Quote:
 
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

 

 

I believe ordering the actually headphone would be quicker. Dan said the upgrade program would get on its way end of October, but it is first come first serve. If you haven't yet signed up for the upgrade program I'm guessing the yield time will be longer than to wait the 6 weeks from today.

 

 

 

yeah no offense to Dan because I know they are doing their best but skip that I want it quicker. Do you know how long it would take to actually recieve the AD if I ordered it now? is that what the 6 weeks are referring to.

 

Here is what the newsletter said regarding your question:

 

Quote:
 "Demand has been strong, t and we expect the Alpha Dog to ship September 30 (hopefully before 11:59 PM).  Some of you may start receiving tracking numbers this week, but they will ship Monday.  And as promised, here is our upgrade program for Mad Dog owners.  Our best estimate is that Alpha Dog orders placed today will have about a 6 weeks to ship."

 

I'm assuming that is still accurate because that was sent last night. 

post #2090 of 9033

^got it

that was clear as a whistle.

post #2091 of 9033

I was just going through the last couple of pages and noticed the locations of ddcpitt (PA) and mikek200 (NYC), to which I wanted to link to the following meets, respectively, as Dan of MrSpeakers is attending both of them and I'm sure he'll have production Alpha Dogs there.

 

Philadelphia PA on 10/26:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/671458/philadelphia-area-meet-october-26th-2013

 

Queens NY on 11/9:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/669860/official-ny-regional-fall-meet-november-9th-2013

 

Edit: er, just noticed that mikek200 is already on the list for the NY meet, but maybe there are some other NY-area folks reading this thread?


Edited by Asr - 9/27/13 at 1:33pm
post #2092 of 9033

 I was not aware that the upgrades only applied to people who bought new. Well looks like Im out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

 

We will account for documented past upgrades.  That won't apply to people who bought used units, of course.

post #2093 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Dan, is there going to be a time limit on the upgrade (in particular the 2.0->3.0->3.2 discounts)?

I'd love to upgrade today, but I feel I need to figure out my financial aid situation first (which has been complicated by the University of Washington screwing up my financial aid statement).
If it is any comfort ...
first you sing up
then you wait for them to email you to tell you that two weeks you can send you md in for the AD upgrade.  
then you have a week from then to pay or you lose your spot and you can sign up.

So you can sign up now and you will have some time to work it out.
I'm talking about waiting for until probably Christmas or even beyond though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Dan, is there going to be a time limit on the upgrade (in particular the 2.0->3.0->3.2 discounts)?

I'd love to upgrade today, but I feel I need to figure out my financial aid situation first (which has been complicated by the University of Washington screwing up my financial aid statement).

We will account for documented past upgrades.  That won't apply to people who bought used units, of course.
I was wondering if you were putting a time limit on these discounts, like you did for the alpha pads in the first two weeks of availability.
post #2094 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
 

I was just going through the last couple of pages and noticed the locations of ddcpitt (PA) and mikek200 (NYC), to which I wanted to link to the following meets, respectively, as Dan of MrSpeakers is attending both of them and I'm sure he'll have production Alpha Dogs there.

 

Philadelphia PA on 10/26:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/671458/philadelphia-area-meet-october-26th-2013

 

Queens NY on 11/9:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/669860/official-ny-regional-fall-meet-november-9th-2013

 

Edit: er, just noticed that mikek200 is already on the list for the NY meet, but maybe there are some other NY-area folks reading this thread?

 

I will definitely test the AD's at the Nov. meet.-but I will not purchase them

I'll just send in my MD's & do the upgrade-& wait..

It's $300- ,vs $600-

Am I missing something ,?

post #2095 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post
 

 I was not aware that the upgrades only applied to people who bought new. Well looks like Im out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

 

We will account for documented past upgrades.  That won't apply to people who bought used units, of course.

I think that refers just to the 50% off for the 3.0->3.2 upgrade (but I could be wrong).

post #2096 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post
 

I think that refers just to the 50% off for the 3.0->3.2 upgrade (but I could be wrong).

 

Exactly.  All Mad Dogs can be upgraded to Alpha Dogs.  If you purchased an upgrade for your new or used Mad Dog you get a partial refund.  If you bought a used MD that was upgraded you simply pay the normal upgrade price.
post #2097 of 9033
Thanks for the clarification. Back in play.
post #2098 of 9033
Dan,

Are U.S. preorders still on track to ship Monday? Thank you!
Reply
post #2099 of 9033

Shipments will start Monday.  We'll ship in order received.  Expect more or less 6 weeks from when you ordered.  Our ship rate will accelerate over the next 2-3 weeks.

post #2100 of 9033

That's great news Dan. Congrats on being able to keep the ship date. Not everyone understands what it truly takes to bring such a product to market but we certainly appreciate the sweat and blood that went into the AD. 

 

My f5 is ready. :popcorn:

 

Let me know if you need me to come by your place and pack up some AD's or some  other grunt type work. I'm here for ya'. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones