Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Fostex T50rp really worth 200$ ??? (ready for controversy? :-) Last post on 6/10/14 at 10:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphone driver element you can buy for DIY? Last post on 6/6/14 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Arrived @ Lower Budget End Game By Surprise Last post on 5/25/14 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T50RP with Asustek Xonar Essence STX Last post on 5/23/14 at 9:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will my modded T50RPs benefit from DAC + AMP? Last post on 5/11/14 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 127
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dirty, but in an oh-so-beautiful way.
That sounds like a product that was made up by a movie screenwriter !
According to previous logic the MD and AD will have pretty much the same driving requirements. From my experience the e17 is ok at driving the MDs. It will drive it to a listenable level but you will not receive any of the glorious advantages of driving it from a more powerful amp. It also will not be super loud. Like better bass and soundstage. If you have not bought the e17 yet go with the e12. As that will drive it pretty well, however the sound signature of the amp does not have great synergy with the E12 when compared to a clean amp. For instance my DX100 actually has less power than the E12 at 16 gain but my DX100 imo sounds way better as it is a much cleaner amp sound.
Moving on, Dan I was wondering how the upgrade list would be started (when of course the AD starts shipping)? Do I have to contact your company to be put on the list or will it be put on the list of items for sale on your site? Also what needs to be shipped back when upgrading the MDs (like cables, case, etc.)? Sorry if this question is a bit early, but just trying to be prepared when the upgrade list starts.
Thanks for answering all my questions so far.
Something I've always hated about the planars I've owned is a center image that shifts depending on the song. It's never really quite in the middle and annoys the hell out of me. The Mad Dog's had no issue with this, perfectly dead on. I think it's an aspect that's underrated. If the Alpha really improves on all the MD's shortcoming's, I'm sold.
I've had the MD 3.0 + E17 in the past, and I was underwhelmed; they sounded real nice, but I never had that 'moment' people talk about when you have the right chain of gear. Pretty much everyone says that these scale up very well, so count on being much happier with a better amp like the Centrance.
Did any owners of the TH600 order the Alpha Dog? Just curious about comparisons. Obviously one is neutral and the other has a mild u-shaped curve, but wondering about the comparison anyway.
I'm a former TH900 owner and I pre-ordered the Alpha dog.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 29 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 48 seconds ago
- › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What DAC out of these three should I get? 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 HEADPHONES REVIEW Serial No 001106 1 minute ago
- › Any old fart head-fi'ers still around? 2 minutes ago
- › Good Amp and DAC? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)