Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 2/11/15 at 9:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 127
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dirty, but in an oh-so-beautiful way.
That sounds like a product that was made up by a movie screenwriter !
According to previous logic the MD and AD will have pretty much the same driving requirements. From my experience the e17 is ok at driving the MDs. It will drive it to a listenable level but you will not receive any of the glorious advantages of driving it from a more powerful amp. It also will not be super loud. Like better bass and soundstage. If you have not bought the e17 yet go with the e12. As that will drive it pretty well, however the sound signature of the amp does not have great synergy with the E12 when compared to a clean amp. For instance my DX100 actually has less power than the E12 at 16 gain but my DX100 imo sounds way better as it is a much cleaner amp sound.
Moving on, Dan I was wondering how the upgrade list would be started (when of course the AD starts shipping)? Do I have to contact your company to be put on the list or will it be put on the list of items for sale on your site? Also what needs to be shipped back when upgrading the MDs (like cables, case, etc.)? Sorry if this question is a bit early, but just trying to be prepared when the upgrade list starts.
Thanks for answering all my questions so far.
Something I've always hated about the planars I've owned is a center image that shifts depending on the song. It's never really quite in the middle and annoys the hell out of me. The Mad Dog's had no issue with this, perfectly dead on. I think it's an aspect that's underrated. If the Alpha really improves on all the MD's shortcoming's, I'm sold.
I've had the MD 3.0 + E17 in the past, and I was underwhelmed; they sounded real nice, but I never had that 'moment' people talk about when you have the right chain of gear. Pretty much everyone says that these scale up very well, so count on being much happier with a better amp like the Centrance.
Did any owners of the TH600 order the Alpha Dog? Just curious about comparisons. Obviously one is neutral and the other has a mild u-shaped curve, but wondering about the comparison anyway.
I'm a former TH900 owner and I pre-ordered the Alpha dog.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 16 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › No balanced! WHY?!! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2