Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get? HD800 or T1? Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amplifier upgrade considerations? Last post on 9/27/13 at 10:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 127post #1891 of 66879/22/13 at 12:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1892 of 66879/22/13 at 12:11pm
Dirty, but in an oh-so-beautiful way.At least Ultrasone got the looks right with their failed flagship, unlike the Abyssmal.post #1893 of 66879/22/13 at 12:14pmQuote:I only know of the K 701 coming with a stand.post #1894 of 66879/22/13 at 12:21pmpost #1895 of 66879/22/13 at 1:03pm
That sounds like a product that was made up by a movie screenwriter !Quote:George removed his Perfect Sound Dido D901 in order to take the kids to school in the astroplane.post #1896 of 66879/22/13 at 1:04pmpost #1897 of 66879/22/13 at 1:42pm
According to previous logic the MD and AD will have pretty much the same driving requirements. From my experience the e17 is ok at driving the MDs. It will drive it to a listenable level but you will not receive any of the glorious advantages of driving it from a more powerful amp. It also will not be super loud. Like better bass and soundstage. If you have not bought the e17 yet go with the e12. As that will drive it pretty well, however the sound signature of the amp does not have great synergy with the E12 when compared to a clean amp. For instance my DX100 actually has less power than the E12 at 16 gain but my DX100 imo sounds way better as it is a much cleaner amp sound.
Moving on, Dan I was wondering how the upgrade list would be started (when of course the AD starts shipping)? Do I have to contact your company to be put on the list or will it be put on the list of items for sale on your site? Also what needs to be shipped back when upgrading the MDs (like cables, case, etc.)? Sorry if this question is a bit early, but just trying to be prepared when the upgrade list starts.
Thanks for answering all my questions so far.post #1898 of 66879/22/13 at 2:44pm
Something I've always hated about the planars I've owned is a center image that shifts depending on the song. It's never really quite in the middle and annoys the hell out of me. The Mad Dog's had no issue with this, perfectly dead on. I think it's an aspect that's underrated. If the Alpha really improves on all the MD's shortcoming's, I'm sold.post #1899 of 66879/22/13 at 7:34pmQuote:
I've had the MD 3.0 + E17 in the past, and I was underwhelmed; they sounded real nice, but I never had that 'moment' people talk about when you have the right chain of gear. Pretty much everyone says that these scale up very well, so count on being much happier with a better amp like the Centrance.post #1900 of 66879/23/13 at 12:31ampost #1901 of 66879/23/13 at 12:32am
Did any owners of the TH600 order the Alpha Dog? Just curious about comparisons. Obviously one is neutral and the other has a mild u-shaped curve, but wondering about the comparison anyway.post #1902 of 66879/23/13 at 2:48amQuote:
I'm a former TH900 owner and I pre-ordered the Alpha dog.post #1903 of 66879/23/13 at 2:50ampost #1904 of 66879/23/13 at 5:17ampost #1905 of 66879/23/13 at 5:19am
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 34 seconds ago
- › All in one AMP/DAC/DAP combo 37 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Review: JDS Labs O2 (Black edition) + O2/ODAC discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM. 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › In favor of double ES9018M2K or single ES9018? 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob