Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Alpha Dogs vs Open Cans? Last post on 12/7/14 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- CIEM vs Full Sized Last post on 12/11/14 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best recommendation for budget closed full size over the ear headphones under $25 Last post on 11/5/14 at 9:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs Vs. Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Last post on 11/24/14 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in Headphones (full-size)
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 127
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dirty, but in an oh-so-beautiful way.
That sounds like a product that was made up by a movie screenwriter !
According to previous logic the MD and AD will have pretty much the same driving requirements. From my experience the e17 is ok at driving the MDs. It will drive it to a listenable level but you will not receive any of the glorious advantages of driving it from a more powerful amp. It also will not be super loud. Like better bass and soundstage. If you have not bought the e17 yet go with the e12. As that will drive it pretty well, however the sound signature of the amp does not have great synergy with the E12 when compared to a clean amp. For instance my DX100 actually has less power than the E12 at 16 gain but my DX100 imo sounds way better as it is a much cleaner amp sound.
Moving on, Dan I was wondering how the upgrade list would be started (when of course the AD starts shipping)? Do I have to contact your company to be put on the list or will it be put on the list of items for sale on your site? Also what needs to be shipped back when upgrading the MDs (like cables, case, etc.)? Sorry if this question is a bit early, but just trying to be prepared when the upgrade list starts.
Thanks for answering all my questions so far.
Something I've always hated about the planars I've owned is a center image that shifts depending on the song. It's never really quite in the middle and annoys the hell out of me. The Mad Dog's had no issue with this, perfectly dead on. I think it's an aspect that's underrated. If the Alpha really improves on all the MD's shortcoming's, I'm sold.
I've had the MD 3.0 + E17 in the past, and I was underwhelmed; they sounded real nice, but I never had that 'moment' people talk about when you have the right chain of gear. Pretty much everyone says that these scale up very well, so count on being much happier with a better amp like the Centrance.
Did any owners of the TH600 order the Alpha Dog? Just curious about comparisons. Obviously one is neutral and the other has a mild u-shaped curve, but wondering about the comparison anyway.
I'm a former TH900 owner and I pre-ordered the Alpha dog.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 44 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 46 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › P1 vs Caly M vs AK240? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › O2 powerful enough for HD600? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 7 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Iphone 5 compatible with fiio amps?
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3