Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should i keep the Fostex T50RP and try to mod them OR buy something else for less than $500? Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Silver Dragon v3 Headphone Cable for Mr Speaker Alpha Dog (RSA male connector) Last post on 2/11/15 at 9:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 127
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dirty, but in an oh-so-beautiful way.
That sounds like a product that was made up by a movie screenwriter !
According to previous logic the MD and AD will have pretty much the same driving requirements. From my experience the e17 is ok at driving the MDs. It will drive it to a listenable level but you will not receive any of the glorious advantages of driving it from a more powerful amp. It also will not be super loud. Like better bass and soundstage. If you have not bought the e17 yet go with the e12. As that will drive it pretty well, however the sound signature of the amp does not have great synergy with the E12 when compared to a clean amp. For instance my DX100 actually has less power than the E12 at 16 gain but my DX100 imo sounds way better as it is a much cleaner amp sound.
Moving on, Dan I was wondering how the upgrade list would be started (when of course the AD starts shipping)? Do I have to contact your company to be put on the list or will it be put on the list of items for sale on your site? Also what needs to be shipped back when upgrading the MDs (like cables, case, etc.)? Sorry if this question is a bit early, but just trying to be prepared when the upgrade list starts.
Thanks for answering all my questions so far.
Something I've always hated about the planars I've owned is a center image that shifts depending on the song. It's never really quite in the middle and annoys the hell out of me. The Mad Dog's had no issue with this, perfectly dead on. I think it's an aspect that's underrated. If the Alpha really improves on all the MD's shortcoming's, I'm sold.
I've had the MD 3.0 + E17 in the past, and I was underwhelmed; they sounded real nice, but I never had that 'moment' people talk about when you have the right chain of gear. Pretty much everyone says that these scale up very well, so count on being much happier with a better amp like the Centrance.
Did any owners of the TH600 order the Alpha Dog? Just curious about comparisons. Obviously one is neutral and the other has a mild u-shaped curve, but wondering about the comparison anyway.
I'm a former TH900 owner and I pre-ordered the Alpha dog.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 second ago
- › Objective 2 headphone amplifier or the Shiit audio vali? 16 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 34 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 44 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 2 minutes ago
- › What are 3 additions to the FW of the DX50 or DX90 that you would... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help Me Understand Bypassing The Computer's Internal DAC 2 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3