Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for gym use Last post on 9/18/14 at 9:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack Last post on 9/19/14 at 12:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted some ideas. Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:46am in Video Games Discussion
- m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp Last post on 9/2/14 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 124
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I hope the AD to be bested by his own drivers.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 9/20/13 at 11:44pm
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/20/13 at 11:50pm
Dream big DAN
Edited by grizzlybeast - 9/20/13 at 11:56pm
Apparently it's 3.2. I always say 3.141592 since I'm not actually sure. XD
Are the Dog Pads the same as the Shure pads? o.0
I like Lenny White, Jamey Haddad, Mark Sherman's Explorations in Space and Time album.
Nope, Shure pads are version 1.0 and the Dog Pads are version 2.0, if you will.
VERY good recommendation! Thank you!
I'm bumpin' my Mad Dogs right now via the CEntrance HiFi-M8,
and jonzing for my Alpha Dogs like an audible junky...
this was my portable rig on a flight last weekend:
and when I got Alpha's in that rig, well...
Making his own drivers might be too much of a stretch, but never say never. I'd like to see his own headband and maybe a small logo indicating that the drivers are by Fostex (sort of like the 'Intel inside' logo). He may be able to improve on the comfort if he decides to make his own headband (I'm sure that would have to be the case for him to go through the trouble - he strikes me as a utilitarian sort of person). Whatever the case may be, it sure is fun watching the new stuff come out in drips and drabs, and of course the reactions.
Loving the stand, very neat. Would look very snazzy along compared with my plastic brainwavz stands
Debating whether or not to hold off on my HD800's and get the alpha dog. I desperately need a closed phone for work listening and the TH600 not going to be it (leaks a bit too much).
Another decent one to check out is Neil Finn - One Nil and I think also One All. Good rock albums binaurally recorded.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 5 seconds ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › Best Warm Headphones for $1000 or Less? 3 minutes ago
- › IEMs under 100$ or below 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)