Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get? HD800 or T1? Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amplifier upgrade considerations? Last post on 9/27/13 at 10:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-2 Rev 1 Compared to Q701 Last post on 9/29/13 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 120post #1786 of 46509/20/13 at 10:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1787 of 46509/20/13 at 10:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Kinda sad when a $250-$300 headphone like the Philips Fidelio X1, outclasses a headphone costing more than 17x as much. It's even built incredibly well.
Aesthetics goes a long way. It gives headphones a PREMIUM look.
Look at the Alpha Dog. It no longer looks like $100 (T50RP). It LOOKS as good as I'm sure it sounds.
Don't get me started on Philips, easily the most overlooked overperforming, underpriced line in all of audio.post #1788 of 46509/20/13 at 10:06amThat is quite possibly the best mid range open headphone to hit so many marks for so many people. I can't say anything for the others, but I stand by the X1 as the best $300 I spent on Head-fi. Not perfect, but definitely did more things right than wrong.post #1789 of 46509/20/13 at 10:06ampost #1790 of 46509/20/13 at 10:07amQuote:
Not at what they used to cost new... maybe now at their current new/used prices.post #1791 of 46509/20/13 at 10:07amQuote:I think he was agreeing with youOriginally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
You didn't like the X1? That is quite possibly the best mid range open headphone to hit so many marks for so many people. I can't say anything for the others, but I stand by the X1 as the best $300 I spent on Head-fi. Not perfect, but definitely did more things right than wrong.post #1792 of 46509/20/13 at 10:07amYeah, I read it wrong. I fixed it. Lol. It's sleep time.
Back to the AD, I wonder how it will stack up to the HE-500 as the half-grand champion around here. Though judging by the tonal differences, probably going to be apples to oranges.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/20/13 at 10:09ampost #1793 of 46509/20/13 at 10:08ampost #1794 of 46509/20/13 at 10:15amDan, is the AD's pads going to slip on like before, or did you change the way the pad is placed on the AD? I dunno if I'm remembering things wrong, but I could've sworn this was changing from the MD?post #1795 of 46509/20/13 at 10:15amQuote:
I was just trying to say that there are crowds and products for which aesthetics is of lesser importance than it is for all things Apple. I know there's a lot of happy iDevice owners here on HF but in general audiophiles are geekier than average consumers and might value performance over looks.That said, I'm excited to see Alpha Dogs have both.post #1796 of 46509/20/13 at 10:24amQuote:
It is changed - it is somewhere in the thread (a clever thread search might find it).
Also, I discovered that someone wants Dan to 3D print a unicorn and a flying horse:post #1797 of 46509/20/13 at 10:25amQuote:
Sorry, no...post #1798 of 46509/20/13 at 10:37amQuote:
The Alpha Dog has a totally different mounting system for the pads. There is a channel for the pad mounting flange to slip into; you rotate the pad and it's on. Looks nicer, and is pretty easy.post #1799 of 46509/20/13 at 10:54amCan't wait to see it in action.
Some companies can't seem to get the grasp of pad installation *cough*PhilipsHifimanAudeze*cough*.
The simpler, the better, in case something goes wrong with the pads.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/20/13 at 10:56ampost #1800 of 46509/20/13 at 11:18am
"I never felt the Mad Dog matched up in looks to it's sound. It was a definite sleeper, which is charming in it's own way."
Exactly..And after I sold all my audio gear to get the HD800's,the only other headphone I kept,and swore I'd never sell them was the MD's
Now,I'm glad I did.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › headphone suggestions (bass, walking, cycling, durability) 27 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 44 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 48 seconds ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 2 minutes ago
- › measurements are models 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital