I'm assuming that's what these black anodized ones that Dan showed a picture of are.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get? HD800 or T1? Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amplifier upgrade considerations? Last post on 9/27/13 at 10:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 117
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1742 of 65839/19/13 at 7:49pmpost #1743 of 65839/19/13 at 7:52pmpost #1744 of 65839/19/13 at 7:59pmQuote:
Actually if you a re-anodizing a part it removes material. Unlike paint you can not just anodize right over an previous anno. You have to completely remove the anno then re-anodize and that process strips away some material. So if these were re-anodized they would be a bit smaller than the original. Depending on the process the amount of material removed is pretty small.
Edited by gamefreak054 - 9/19/13 at 8:05pmpost #1745 of 65839/19/13 at 8:07pmpost #1746 of 65839/19/13 at 8:11pmpost #1747 of 65839/19/13 at 8:17pmpost #1748 of 65839/19/13 at 8:58pmpost #1749 of 65839/19/13 at 9:07pmpost #1750 of 65839/19/13 at 9:10pmI have to say, there's so much hype going around... and it's infectious. I CAN'T WAIT to give these a go.
I have nothing but confidence in Dan's abilities.
Now, complete neutrality isn't exactly my flavor of sound, but I do appreciate it. I can't wait to hear the openness and clarity of these.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/19/13 at 9:13pmpost #1751 of 65839/19/13 at 9:31pmpost #1752 of 65839/19/13 at 9:42pm
You know how when you season a cast iron/aluminum pan it goes from grey to black? I thought I might try that with the slider bars. It... didn't even remotely work. But now I do have some slightly darker and splotchy golden barspost #1753 of 65839/19/13 at 11:03pmQuote:post #1754 of 65839/19/13 at 11:15pm
Which sadly does not seem to be available anywhere in Canada. Browsing through google, I saw mention on a message board somewhere that the chemical used isn't allowed up here anymore.post #1755 of 65839/20/13 at 12:34amQuote:
You can order it in from the states. Cabela's there carried it.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Band Name Game II 6 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 12 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 44 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-25) 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW]: SoundMAGIC HP100 - The Natural All-Rounder Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob