Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 117

post #1741 of 7830

I'm assuming that's what these black anodized ones that Dan showed a picture of are.  

post #1742 of 7830

The only question I have then is doesn't anodizing remove some material? I know it does not remove much but these seem to rely on a decently tight tolerance for what they do.

post #1743 of 7830

It increases the thickness if anything, but these are very, very small changes in thickness we're talking about.

post #1744 of 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

It increases the thickness if anything, but these are very, very small changes in thickness we're talking about.

 

Actually if you a re-anodizing a part it removes material. Unlike paint you can not just anodize right over an previous anno. You have to completely remove the anno then re-anodize and that process strips away some material. So if these were re-anodized they would be a bit smaller than the original. Depending on the process the amount of material removed is pretty small.


Edited by gamefreak054 - 9/19/13 at 8:05pm
post #1745 of 7830

I answered your question as if one were to anodize something, not re-anodize it.

post #1746 of 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

I answered your question as if one were to anodize something, not re-anodize it.

 

Oh true sorry. I just had some other ideas rambling around in my head.

post #1747 of 7830

Well regardless, these are going to be looking pretty good!  I think I'm really wanting one.

post #1748 of 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

You know the hype for a headphone is high, when 2 pages of people flip their tables over black metal sticks ;)

 

*chuckled*

post #1749 of 7830

one day the whole headband fixture is gonna be Mad over....:tongue_smile:

post #1750 of 7830
I have to say, there's so much hype going around... and it's infectious. I CAN'T WAIT to give these a go.



I have nothing but confidence in Dan's abilities.

Now, complete neutrality isn't exactly my flavor of sound, but I do appreciate it. I can't wait to hear the openness and clarity of these.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/19/13 at 9:13pm
post #1751 of 7830

The full build with the new rails will look awesome. Maybe he has plans for his own headband down the road...

post #1752 of 7830

You know how when you season a cast iron/aluminum pan it goes from grey to black? I thought I might try that with the slider bars. It... didn't even remotely work. But now I do have some slightly darker and splotchy golden bars :rolleyes:

post #1753 of 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

You know how when you season a cast iron/aluminum pan it goes from grey to black? I thought I might try that with the slider bars. It... didn't even remotely work. But now I do have some slightly darker and splotchy golden bars :rolleyes:

 

http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Finishing/FinishingDetails.aspx?ProductID=0790cc91-b2e8-488d-a6fa-8820790beefb

post #1754 of 7830

Which sadly does not seem to be available anywhere in Canada. Browsing through google, I saw mention on a message board somewhere that the chemical used isn't allowed up here anymore.

post #1755 of 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

Which sadly does not seem to be available anywhere in Canada. Browsing through google, I saw mention on a message board somewhere that the chemical used isn't allowed up here anymore.

 

You can order it in from the states. Cabela's there carried it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones