I'm assuming that's what these black anodized ones that Dan showed a picture of are.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Fostex T50rp really worth 200$ ??? (ready for controversy? :-) Last post on 6/10/14 at 10:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphone driver element you can buy for DIY? Last post on 6/6/14 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Arrived @ Lower Budget End Game By Surprise Last post on 5/25/14 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T50RP with Asustek Xonar Essence STX Last post on 5/23/14 at 9:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will my modded T50RPs benefit from DAC + AMP? Last post on 5/11/14 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 117
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Actually if you a re-anodizing a part it removes material. Unlike paint you can not just anodize right over an previous anno. You have to completely remove the anno then re-anodize and that process strips away some material. So if these were re-anodized they would be a bit smaller than the original. Depending on the process the amount of material removed is pretty small.
Edited by gamefreak054 - 9/19/13 at 8:05pm
I have nothing but confidence in Dan's abilities.
Now, complete neutrality isn't exactly my flavor of sound, but I do appreciate it. I can't wait to hear the openness and clarity of these.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/19/13 at 9:13pm
You know how when you season a cast iron/aluminum pan it goes from grey to black? I thought I might try that with the slider bars. It... didn't even remotely work. But now I do have some slightly darker and splotchy golden bars
Which sadly does not seem to be available anywhere in Canada. Browsing through google, I saw mention on a message board somewhere that the chemical used isn't allowed up here anymore.
You can order it in from the states. Cabela's there carried it.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 11 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 24 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K845BT First Impressions & Early Review (+ The Headphone Bar) 1 minute ago
- › People Seen with CIEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Jakarta Get-Together - August 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 6 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)