or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 98

post #1456 of 9033

Any update on the AD tour?

post #1457 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

I said the same thing until a few days ago when I finally had a chance to properly try the HD800 from a good amp. :D

 

Not sure who said that "AD being close to a closed HD800"? but oh please people, keep your fanboyism in check.  I know it's a subjective hobby but try to stay neutral and offer your sincere impression.  Just to clarify that AD and HD800 are both on my list to consider buying next.  But that comparison is a little too exaggerated, IMO of course.

 

I dont know if it was me you are referring to, probably not, however I did say that allegedly the sound of the AD's is somewhat of a HD800/LCD2 hybrid, and yes I know these are polar opposites.

I did not however say that the Alpha's will be (nor do I have and actual experience to say as such) that they will be on the same level as either of these phones.

 

To be honest I dont expect the sound quality of the LCD or HD800, however I like characteristics of both so I am interested to see how the Alpha Dogs sound. Enough to buy a pair :)

post #1458 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
 

Any update on the AD tour?

 

been wondering the same thing?

Anyone???

post #1459 of 9033

Is everyone gonna just ask about updates every day or two?

I'm sure Dan hasn't forgotten about the tour and will update us when he has a finalized schedule.

 

In other news, that cup looks beautiful Dan!

post #1460 of 9033

I only hope Dan will start shipping the pre-ordered unit  in 2 weeks,

 

Icant wait much longer!!!!!!

Give me the pony!

post #1461 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

Don't joke about this, it happened to me. :(

I'm sorry to hear that :(

We may joke about harmful actions but actually doing it sure isn't nice.

If that's of any consolation to you, I've never put a potato in anyone's tail pipe.

post #1462 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

Ok, I'll bite. What amp?

 

Taboo MKIII.  :L3000:

post #1463 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post
 

 

I dont know if it was me you are referring to, probably not, however I did say that allegedly the sound of the AD's is somewhat of a HD800/LCD2 hybrid, and yes I know these are polar opposites.

I did not however say that the Alpha's will be (nor do I have and actual experience to say as such) that they will be on the same level as either of these phones.

 

To be honest I dont expect the sound quality of the LCD or HD800, however I like characteristics of both so I am interested to see how the Alpha Dogs sound. Enough to buy a pair :)

I would agree with you in the case you did hear the AD.  You are not really far off with the LCD2 in your comparison. IMO, the AD has an even more energetic sound, a touch more sparkle in the high in comparison to LCD2 which tends to be less airy, mellower in comparison to ortho like HE500.  For $600, it is awesome.  I must say I was impressed to hear for myself what Dan accomplished with that little driver and the sound stage. However, I do prefer the beta version of the AD but that's just me.  :D

post #1464 of 9033

Honestly if it even gets 90% of the way to HE-500/LCD-2 quality then it's quite the accomplishment. All in a closed-back form in a much more comfortable package. Plus we get a Dan Clark action figure and a unicorn or pony.

post #1465 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

Honestly if it even gets 90% of the way to HE-500/LCD-2 quality then it's quite the accomplishment. All in a closed-back form in a much more comfortable package. Plus we get a Dan Clark action figure and a unicorn or pony.

 

Dan should really give all those who pre-ordered his own action figure. That will be super cool!

post #1466 of 9033

One thing that the Alpha Dog apparently has according to beta reviews is neutrality. Not that the HE-500 is far off from neutral, but for my money I would say Purrin probably knows what neutral is supposed to sound like better than most. I think the Alpha would be worth owning just on that alone, to have a truely reference grade neutral type of phone. A planar UERM.

post #1467 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

 

Taboo MKIII.  :L3000:

 

 

watch out for the mk4...more toys to buy :tongue:

post #1468 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

One thing that the Alpha Dog apparently has according to beta reviews is neutrality. Not that the HE-500 is far off from neutral, but for my money I would say Purrin probably knows what neutral is supposed to sound like better than most. I think the Alpha would be worth owning just on that alone, to have a truely reference grade neutral type of phone. A planar UERM.

 

:blink:

post #1469 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

I said the same thing until a few days ago when I finally had a chance to properly try the HD800 from a good amp. :D

 

Not sure who said that "AD being close to a closed HD800"? but oh please people, keep your fanboyism in check.  I know it's a subjective hobby but try to stay neutral and offer your sincere impression.  Just to clarify that AD and HD800 are both on my list to consider buying next.  But that comparison is a little too exaggerated, IMO of course.

 

Very good post..

post #1470 of 9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

:blink:

:atsmile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones