So... the Alpha Dogs will probably begin shipping after the 20th of this month or so right?! (Hopefully not before!!! -- VACATIONS!!! Don't want the post office to return them! ;-)).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Couple of questions about the T1's and HD800's Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get? HD800 or T1? Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amplifier upgrade considerations? Last post on 9/27/13 at 10:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 82
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1217 of 65869/6/13 at 3:53pm
Am trying to work out if the AD is universal
Universal like the Universal MD sense of the word that is with cable swapping. Probably going wrong by thinking about this when way too late at night...post #1218 of 65869/6/13 at 5:41pmQuote:
Yes, because each earpiece has its own connector, with 2 wires each, so there are four wires. The Universal Mad Dog has four wires connected to the 4-wire connector, so that you can do "balanced" if you buy a balanced amp (unlike the regular Mad Dog which uses the Fostex 3-wire connector).
The main difference between the wiring on the AD and the UMD (hey, new acronym!) is the cables on the AD are the same sort of Y-cables as on high-end headphones like HiFiMan, Audeze and HD-800. So, on the AD (and those headphones), when you remove the cable, there ain't nothing left - just a connector on the ear piece directly wired to the driver. There is no wire inside the headband, or on the outside of the headband (such as we see on the Mad Dog), and so one less thing to break in the future.
Of course, the advantage of the "one connector" method used on the Mad Dog, is that it is more convenient for the user when listening, and it is stylistically better to have one neat cable, rather than these weird wires coming down either side of your face.post #1219 of 65869/8/13 at 4:56pmpost #1220 of 65869/8/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
The way I understand it the only difference is the way they are terminated. Once uses an XLR cable which is used with balanced outputs and the 1/4 is used with standard headphone jack outputs. I believe Dan uses the same cabling inside.post #1221 of 65869/8/13 at 5:52pmQuote:
These should help:post #1222 of 65869/8/13 at 6:36pm
Also with some balanced amps like my balanced Tube amp you would get more of a voltage swing using the balanced connection and therefore more power is available to the headphones than using the single ended connection. It depends on the design. My SS Juli sound card uses TRS balanced connection to my balanced tube amp using a pair of three pin XLR connectors.. The Juli SS sound card also has higher voltage coming out which further improves the signal to noise ratio.post #1223 of 65869/8/13 at 10:24pmpost #1224 of 65869/9/13 at 12:26ampost #1225 of 65869/9/13 at 12:41ampost #1226 of 65869/9/13 at 12:42ampost #1227 of 65869/9/13 at 12:47ampost #1228 of 65869/9/13 at 1:39am
Haha. Sorry I copied and pasted and didn't notice the font size until it was posted. Is there any way you can just make them available for sale on your website? evalucon doesn't look very buyer friendly.post #1229 of 65869/9/13 at 1:56ampost #1230 of 65869/9/13 at 4:07amThese really do look the goods. Beautiful aesthetics, and the sq sounds mesmerising. Hoping these will achieve the same, or higher, acclaim the Mad Dogs get. If these do deliver I think I might want these as my first 'expensive' pair of headphones. I have yet to pay over $100 yet. This would be a seizable jump, I imagine. My wallet groans in anticipation.
Looking forward to people's feedback when they start shipping.
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 seconds ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 12 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 4 minutes ago
- › Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › iOS app with built in EQ curves for specific brands/models of... 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 5 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 5 minutes ago
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob