1) I've come to like the brightness of the dt770's. Am I going to be disappointed with the Alpha Dog (They are darker as I understand)?
2) Can the cmoyBB run the Alpha Dog ok in the mean time until I upgrade?
3) I'm looking at the CEntrance Hifi-M8. Will this amp pair well with the Alpha Dog?
I don't have the Alpha Dog yet, so the following are educated guesses:
1) I think the character of the sound of either the Mad Dog or the Alpha Dog is quite different from the DT770, just by being a planar, so I think that the bright/dark aspect is not a critical factor.
2) The Mad Dog is fine with no amp at all, it just improves with an amp, and more so with a more powerful and/or better amp. Since the Alpha Dog has the same driver, that should also be true.
3) Search the thread, I believe that has been talked about.